Thread: hepl cannot got fuel line off fuel filter

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 LXI accord

hepl cannot got fuel line off fuel filter

Its cold as hell and I cannot get the one of the fuel lines off the fuel filter I already tried soaking with PB Blaster with no luck

Vehicle
    87 LX
    In not sure how the LXi filter is.
    If it has rubber lines you can just cut them and get new ones that go from the filter to the hardline.
    Any parts store can give you a few feet of rubber for cheap. Be sure to get new clamps too.
    ------------------

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 LXI accord

Thanks for the quick reply

I got the 12mm one off its the odd shaped one i cannot budge.Its also the stock fuel filter with 170000 miles

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    on EFI you can't cut the lines. the lines have high pressure fittings.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    87 LX
    Thanks Alex, I have minimal experience with fuel injection.

Have you tried a vise grip?
    ------------------

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 LXI accord
    Well i decided it stays on,way too cold to be messing with this and its my only transport untill I get my explorer back.

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 Accord lxi 5spd hatchie/84 accord lx 4-dr/74 dodge dart

fuel lines

Allright dude I just did the same job earlier today.First before u do anything take off the gas cap to relieve any pressure in the system.Second there is no need to cut the lines your just making more work for yourself.Third get some wd-40 and spray it all over that bolt that looks like a cirlcle w/ the side cut off.the 12mm bolt does not need to be removed but it doesn't hurt either way.Let the wd-40 do it's thing for abbout 10-20 minutes.If your fuel filter is still in the holder get a good angle and just CRANK it!!If it is not still on the holder it is much easier to get a good angle on it but it will take both hands to do the job.One hand gets a good grip and the other turns the nut.This is how I did it and I smashed the shit out of my left pinky!OUCH!any way w/ alittle patienc and wd-40 it should come off no problem.Just remember to attach the in to in and out to out.Good luck!

I'm a mushroom cloud layin' mutha fu**er,muthafu**er--Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattalica13

Vehicle
    87 LX
    Taking off the gas cap is a good idea to relieve pressure but I know a better way. Get a screwdriver and wrap a towel around it. Take the cap off the fuel rail and push it in with the driver to relieve the pressure. Be sure to wrap the towel around it good so it does not spray in your eyes.
    ------------------

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord LXi, Coupe & Sedan

Impact, Impact, Impact, Impact, Impact, Impact

Its a good thing that I have a Craftsman Professional series 175 PSI KICKA_S
    compressor to spin that little B_T_H off. :cool2:
    I racked my knuckles on those for the last time.
    NSWST8

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord DX coupe, 1989 Accord LX coupe, 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier coupe, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    have you tried holding a punch on it and hitting the punch with a hammer.

Vehicle
    95 Skivic
    I don't know what all of your guys problems are, When I replaced my injectors and had to relieve the fuel pressure, you just loosen the banjo bolt on the fuel filter and have a towel there to catch the fuel that will leak out

First, remove the other line. It should come off eaiser as you can use a regular 17mm socket on it.

Then, take the filter out of the bracket. The filter itself has a hexagonal shaped area where the fuel line is bolted to it. You can grab that area with one wrench and put another wrench on the funny shaped nut you are talking about. That should do the trick.