Thread: B16A Swap info

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LXI

B16A Swap info

So i see a fiew threads about what motors to swap, but has anyone documented the actual processess fo doing these swaps?

Specifically, I found a good B16A motor/trany with wireing harness and ECU at the right price. And I was wondering what it was going to take to put this motor into my 89' accord LX-i. I am not new to doing swaps, but I don't want to Jump into this one half-a$$ed. This is my daily driver, and I don't want it to be down too long. I had hoped that someone else out there had done this swap and documented the process and posted it in the "how to" section. Maybe if I get enough info from this thread to do the swap, I will document it and post a thread to the "how to" section.

Thanks,

Vehicle
    87 LX
    Can I swap a B-series engine in my 3rd Gen?

I don't think there is a specific howto listed for it.
    Place Racing (PRI) makes the kit.
    You have an LXi, thats good. There is a conversion harness available. Also mounts, axles and shifter are part of what PRI offers
    I did a lot of studying into it, before I got my Integra, and it seems like a pretty straitforeword process.
    Just rip out the old, drop in the new and bolt it all in. I would go with a new fuel pump and pressure regulator. You might have to do a little custom exaughst work as well. Also make sure the B16 you get has a cable tranny, not hydrolic. Your car has a cable clutch and converting to hydro will just be another pain in the ass.
    Just be aware that the swap kit is around a grand for everything, maybe a little more.
    ------------------

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LXI
    Thanks for the info and the link.

Doug

Vehicle
    89 Accord
    I think that's because only a handful of ppl have probably done the swap. Looks to expensive.

DX User

link

ware can i fine the kit?
    what are some links?
    im thinking about doing this swap my self too.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroy
    Can I swap a B-series engine in my 3rd Gen?

I don't think there is a specific howto listed for it.
    Place Racing (PRI) makes the kit.
    You have an LXi, thats good. There is a conversion harness available. Also mounts, axles and shifter are part of what PRI offers
    I did a lot of studying into it, before I got my Integra, and it seems like a pretty straitforeword process.
    Just rip out the old, drop in the new and bolt it all in. I would go with a new fuel pump and pressure regulator. You might have to do a little custom exaughst work as well. Also make sure the B16 you get has a cable tranny, not hydrolic. Your car has a cable clutch and converting to hydro will just be another pain in the ass.
    Just be aware that the swap kit is around a grand for everything, maybe a little more.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX with B16A1 LSD Tranny(Already Done)
    Quote Originally Posted by paynt3r
    So i see a fiew threads about what motors to swap, but has anyone documented the actual processess fo doing these swaps?

Specifically, I found a good B16A motor/trany with wireing harness and ECU at the right price. And I was wondering what it was going to take to put this motor into my 89' accord LX-i. I am not new to doing swaps, but I don't want to Jump into this one half-a$$ed. This is my daily driver, and I don't want it to be down too long. I had hoped that someone else out there had done this swap and documented the process and posted it in the "how to" section. Maybe if I get enough info from this thread to do the swap, I will document it and post a thread to the "how to" section.

Thanks,
    how much is the B16 your getting? did u already do the swap?