Thread: 2nd Gen Accord owner.

Vehicle
    1983 Honda Accord Hatch

2nd Gen Accord owner.

Hi, howz it goin?

Well i know my car aint a 3rd Gen, but i thought i might be able to find some stuff on here to help with my car, 1983 Accord 3dr Hatch. All it has is a new stereo, check my sig, and a semi aftermarket exahust. I have been struggling to find out much about 2nd gen accords so i thought i would come to the next best thing.

I absolutely love Honda's ever since my dad started working for them almost 11 yrs ago. He doesnt work for them nemore but has worked as a serivce manager and advisor in a few Honda establishments over ere. Anyway im just looking to share my enthusiasim for Hondas and especially Accords with some other people.

Catchya,

Adrian.
    1983 Honda Accord 2dr
    - Custom 2.25" Mandrel Bent Exhaust with rice tip
    - 3550MP, 4" Splits, 6x9's
    - Random Rice

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i (done for) 88 crx si 91 bmw, 93 lexus es300 project88dx accord
    sweet!! welcome to 3geez man i can tell u for expiriece that 2nd gens can really kick but those things go and go i have had 2 2nd gen accord one a brown 83 hatchback dx
    and a 84 sedan lx i loved the sedan, but when i found the 3rd gen i loved it more, what sucks is that 2nd gen accords have like no aftermarket support as the 3rd gens have some support.. anywayz welcome to 3geez man!

ps lets see some pics of the oldschool hatch

Vehicle
    1983 Honda Accord Hatch
    Cheers dude, im trying to find a friend with a digi so cant take some pics.

Sucks about the aftermarket support so if i want anything done its gonna have to be custom, which i cant afford.
    Last edited by Orion; 02-08-2004 at 11:45 PM.
    1983 Honda Accord 2dr
    - Custom 2.25" Mandrel Bent Exhaust with rice tip
    - 3550MP, 4" Splits, 6x9's
    - Random Rice

Vehicle
    87 LX
    Welcome aboard man.

We have a few 2nd gen owners around and some of us have even had one. There was a 83 hatch that got passed around a few of my friends that I worked on a few times so I have some knolage of them. We just go through helping a 2nd gen owner install a rebuilt head and a aftremarket Weber carb. So if you have any questions feel free to ask.
    ------------------

LX User
    Vehicle
    '85.accord.lx.sedan
    What's up dude, there's a bunch of 2nd gen guys floating around here. I've had an '82 lx hatch and (currently) an '85 lx sedan. They're not as refined as their 3rd gen counterparts, but they can take a beating just as well if not better!!

The 2nd gens don't really have much aftermarket support, but what is out there is dirt cheap and a lot of "custom" stuff you can actually do yourself. Different carbs, heads and cams are all available and once in awhile old aftermarket parts will pop up on e-bay.

Good luck with the car and get some pics up!!