Thread: New Interior lights project underway!!!!!

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX

New Interior lights project underway!!!!!

Well I was bored and since my dome light doesn't work at night (too lazy to get repplacement bulb) I thought I'd put blue interior lighting like FnF Well heres what I ordered

Blue leds to illuminate vents and door handles

And blue neons for the floor and rear

My 1989 LX Carb. A.K.A. "Hoop Ride" (R.I.P.)

LX User
    Vehicle
    86' Accord LX
    man I wanan do blue leds in my vents too, I just dont know how id go about wiring all the lights,(inside the vents) so as you put all the lights in, take pics.

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    i just did my buddies gauge cluster in his truck.. he only had 3 leds, so its not that bright... im gonna have to run 8 in my gauge cluster to have addiquite light...

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

Vehicle
    89 LX-i 5 speed
    i bet you are gonna pay an arm and leg for those leds, by the way are they resisted already (can they run at 12V?) other wise you will have to add a resistor per bulb into the mix, i bought a bunch of leds and they are in my car at the moment lighting up stuff but it was pretty cheap
    Check out pictures of my car HERE
    "drop a 150 shot of NOS sticker on that bad boy and you can run 8s" -portugalfocus

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwc723
    i bet you are gonna pay an arm and leg for those leds, by the way are they resisted already (can they run at 12V?) other wise you will have to add a resistor per bulb into the mix, i bought a bunch of leds and they are in my car at the moment lighting up stuff but it was pretty cheap
    Arm and a leg..... you must mean a finger and toe LOL Man I got 10 of these with resistors already soldered for 12V use on Ebay only about $14.00

Vehicle
    88 accord lx-i coupe 5sp.
    sounds cool. cant wait to see pics man.
    -Brian
    -"lifes a bitch,i swear to god, you take your chances, too many questions and not enuogh answers!"-nappy roots

My Accord

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LX
    can someone tell me how to acquire those LED lights for the vents? i really wanna take on the project...is there a site i can go to besides ebay to get thos things?
    I Love Sarah http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/498407

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX
    We have local stores here that sell a kit with 4 Leds that actually is for that application which is $30.00/kit.. too expensive for me (only 4 leds) I guess you can do a search for retailer online.

Vehicle
    1983 Honda Accord Hatch
    why neon's and not cold cathodes? Caths are lighter, thinner, and brighter than liquid neons, and u can get a sound inverter for them for some bling bling action. Just mod PC ones, thats what im doing. 1 for each footwell, 1 for each rear seat, and maybe small caths or led's or light sticks for handles, vents, speakers, crap like that. All blue of course, blue interior.
    1983 Honda Accord 2dr
    - Custom 2.25" Mandrel Bent Exhaust with rice tip
    - 3550MP, 4" Splits, 6x9's
    - Random Rice

Vehicle
    89 LX-i 5 speed
    thats not too bad, what are the specs on them tho? i payed abot 1.00 each for some rediclously high outpout 6000MCD 45degree 5mm leds but did have to solder them my self
    Check out pictures of my car HERE
    "drop a 150 shot of NOS sticker on that bad boy and you can run 8s" -portugalfocus

Vehicle
    1989 LXi Coupe (SOLD), 1998 Accord EX
    I have been wanting to do interior lighting for a while, but I wasnt sure if it would be or not. Guess if its done right, it wouldnt be.
    Thinking about getting a new 3g...

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX
    Well I finished installation of all my leds and neons just have to get pics but heres what it looked like before i installed them. I use my web cam so the quality not that great. After the installation I tested it one night and everything was gravvy. These leds are brighter thean the neons. It made my whole inside glow blue. I had a friend drive beside me on the highway and he said he noticed significant blue glow and he came closer to my car yet not actually seeing where the light was coming from. pretty tight.

Heres all of the door handles and vents with the leds (I'm missing the driver front handle, need new one anyone have extra to sell ) :cool2:

In this close up of the center vent you can see the LED in the back

The back side of the center vents

heres what the back of side vents look like. I use hot glue cuz its pretty strong and its easy to work with in case you make a mistake. Leds are fragile so i wouldn't recommend super glue or anything

This how the inside door handle look with LEDs

This is back of the door handles at the top. as you see the hole had to be redrilled cuz it would of blocked the screw hole. But the extra hole is not noticeable at all just a lil trial and error

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX
    nice...TAKE A PIC WITH THEM ON BRO! i wanna see 'em in action...
    GOT THE 1982 RX-7!!! NEW LOVE IN MY LIFE!!!

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    i tried doing about the same thing. i drilled holes for the LEDs to go through, but i didnt have any correct resistors, so that didnt work out. i do have red LEDs in my middle vents that were pre wired. looks good at night.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

yeah in my old accord I had green leds in my vents, they were always an eye catcher and really helped the interior. I liked em alot the install took me n my dad about an hour and a half we wired them to the gauge cluster

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord sedan B-series
    oh shit. i was gonna do that but never got to it. not the door thing. but the vents . i got my dash cluster done and under the dash. but never go to the vents

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC