Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Projector H4 Conversions!

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*

Talking Projector H4 Conversions!

well, ive been wanting some for the longest time. ive kinda been weary of getting them because ive never seen how they really shine. i saw some on a jeep wrangler the other night and they were nice and bright. so today i had some time and ordered them. after i send my money order in i guess they should start shipping. im getting them from ProCarParts.com. $62.46 shipped with bulbs. can't beat that with a stick! dont know about those bulbs though, they are xenon blue ones, they may work well with projectors. oh, dont worry, y'all will be the first ones to see them. i'll post pix.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    95 Skivic
    You got jipped by procar then... I got my Option racing ones for $20 on ebay Don't forget to get a new h4 Wiring Harness, Cause I tried with my stock harness and couldn't handle it

Vehicle
    92 EG6 SiRII
    hahaha that sucks. they got APC h4s at pep boys for like 20 bucks too. dont know how good they are tho
    89 accord lxi - Blown head/towed away forever! I MISS YOU!
    91 Civic Hatch - Gone
    92 Civic Hatch - The Daily Driver

Vehicle
    89 Accord Sedan LX, 91 ED-7, 2007 Accord EXL
    i got eurolites for my accord, didn't have to change the harness. and it's been over a year now. still nothing wrong. and it's really whitish/blue. liked it so much i use the same thing on my civic too.
    1989 Accord: Back to Stock
    2007 Accord: Stock
    1991 Civic SI: bunch of stuff done.

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    i have my H4 with Raybrig bulbs for over 2 years now and i never had any electrical problems.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX Sedan (auto), 1988 Toyota Camry Wagon (auto), ...
    It's okay, HondaBoy, I got jipped too, mine came to $56 through Ebay.
    In the past year the only problem I have had with mine: I never got a wiring harness, the lights still look good, but they are a little dim.
    Good luck, hope you like them!

Emcees drag their feet across a big naked land/
    With an empty bag of seed and a fake shake of hands/
    Yeah I got some last words, f**k all of y'all/
    Stop writin' raps and go play volleyball/
    -Slug

Vehicle
    93 civic
    can the stock wiring harness handle 55w/65w h4? I got some used H4 conversions from Maxedoutracer for 10bucks...and not too sure if the stock wiriing harnesss will take it. If not, i'll get a new one that handles more juice

Vehicle
    Well, they'll work fine without the harness (mine handle the power), but they are dim so that you can't really see the lights during the day. I would get one if I were you.

Maybe that's what I'll do today. Now I have to figure out where I can get a harness in the Olympia area.

-Slug

Vehicle
    93 civic
    Well, looking at the wiring harness, the adapter is for 6x7 seal beams...is 3 pegged...and h4 is 2 right? Am i suppose to have more hardware to this? I just got the glass lense from maxedoutracer.

Vehicle
    not sure exactly what you mean, there is no difference between H6054 sealed beams and H4 conversion bulbs.
    both H6054 and H4 have the same 3 prongs to plug in to, the harness should be no different either. Any pictures?

-Slug

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 LX-i HB
    Quote Originally Posted by Busted_Blue
    Well, looking at the wiring harness, the adapter is for 6x7 seal beams...is 3 pegged...and h4 is 2 right? Am i suppose to have more hardware to this? I just got the glass lense from maxedoutracer.
    where did you get your housings from? what's the web address?

Vehicle
    93 civic
    oh, no it is from a member on this forum, maxedoutracer that drives the g1 teg.

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    i got jipped eh? i've never found projector H4's for $20! you do know they aren't the kinda i already have, right? anyway, i will probley sell the bulbs they come with to someone for more than their worth.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    When i bought my 2nd set of H4 housings (eurolite ones) the best i could find was about $22each. Im making my own projectors with Audi units because of my HID setup that im using. Personally for non HID setups i would just get the eurolite H4 housings with some decent H4 bulbs. I was very happy with mine until i got my HID setup when i worked for Audi. The projector H4 lenses they sell dont have a block off plate so i would expect the light beam to be very blinding for on coming traffic. Just my thoughts although i never used these projectors but i have had my H4's for some time and if you seal them up they will be plenty bright.

Vehicle
    ah, but you got jipped. hehe. $6 for these reflector type with city lights! ok, well they aren't the best, but yeah. anyway. i'll try to get a pic of what i'm getting.
    https://www.4caroption.com/pdut_deta...ID=Head%20Lamp

Vehicle
    I would be careful with those cheap H4 housings most of them are plastic and im sure they will pit after driving them in the winter and that will decrease the light output. The eurolite's are the best iv seen thus far and are still not the greatest quality but they have a glass front.

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    im running eurolites.. got a smoken deal on them too.. i love them.. i chose to just fill the city light hole with 'cone... i never had a single leaking problem...

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 LX-i HB

is this what you bought?

Vehicle
    93 civic
    Quote Originally Posted by dXsquared
    im running eurolites.. got a smoken deal on them too.. i love them.. i chose to just fill the city light hole with 'cone... i never had a single leaking problem...

Travis
    '

by cone do you mean filling the big ass hole with silicone?

Vehicle
    yep, those are the ones i got, and i havent had luck finding any better deals on those type there.

Vehicle
    1989 LXi Coupe (SOLD), 1998 Accord EX
    Hey guys I think you are getting Projections headlights and just regular H4 conversions mixed up. The only guy on here that I know of who sells true Projection headlights for our cars is OldSchoolSwap and he charges about 50-something per light.
    Thinking about getting a new 3g...

Vehicle
    95 Skivic
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaBoy
    ah, but you got jipped. hehe. $6 for these reflector type with city lights! ok, well they aren't the best, but yeah. anyway. i'll try to get a pic of what i'm getting.
    https://www.4caroption.com/pdut_deta...ID=Head%20Lamp

Not really, since the city lights came installed and I got 85/80w and 130/100w bulbs with mine... but that's why I'm getting a harness, my stock one has been corroded some(damn Wisconsin winters) and for the piece of mind/ease of install to push enough power

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 LX-i HB
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaBoy
    yep, those are the ones i got, and i havent had luck finding any better deals on those type there.
    From what i know those aren't true projectors. It's just a magnifying lens in front of the bulb. Ask original2k i think he has the exact ones.

Vehicle
    They are projectors just not a true projector such as what you get from many factory cars today. Hella seems to make some of the best stuff mainly for (audi, bmw, mercedes) A true projector will have a block off plate to cut the beam in half so you dont blind people. And real projectors need a fair amount of mounting depth to get a nice beam pattern. This was my main problem with using Audi RS6 bi-xenon projectors because they are just to long so i decided to stick to my regular Audi A6 projectors.

Vehicle
    yeah, i already knew about that. but it is a real projector, just not as nice as ones for all the other headlights. wish they would make something better. wonder if i can modify it somehow? anyway, this holiday weekend thing will probley slow down my order some.