Thread: F/S: 1989 Accord DX Sedan

Vehicle
    1989 Accord DX ... 2001 Accord LX

F/S: 1989 Accord DX Sedan

Yes, I'm selling the DX. I'm currently in a 2001 Accord LX, so the '89 has become a liability.

Stats:
    1989 Honda Accord Sedan
    5-speed
    187,000 miles

Recent repairs/fixes:
    New clutch at 177k
    New rad/water pump at 175k
    New fuel pump at 174k

Problems:
    Cold start idle: When starting after sitting for a while, the choke doesn't seem to come on, or there is a misfire in one of the cylinders. The idle is very rough and you have to hold the accelerator for a few minutes until the choke comes on.
    Power steering leak: The steering rack has a hole, or the axle has a hole, the mechanic didn't seem to know really. It does leak power steering fluid in fairly large amounts, but it doesn't seem to affect the steering.
    Glove box: The little plastic rings broke, so the glove box is essentially broken, but it's an easy fix that I've been to lazy to do. I'll do it next time I'm around the car probably.

Overall condition:
    The car isn't in perfect condition, and is really more in a fair condition. I have driven it for the past three years, but the car has been in my family since new. My mother drove it until 1997, and then my father until 2001. I grew up in the car, so I know its problems fairly well. The interior is in decent shape, but it could use a good shampooing. The car shifts nice and drives well, but the tires could probably be changed out. The brakes have new pads, and the drums have been totally rebuilt. It's a decent commuter/beater, but as a project car, I'm not sure it would be the best. The body is in decent shape, no wrecks ever, just the usual collection of parking lot scars. The car is in Houston, Texas and has never been farther north than Midland, Texas.

I'll get some more pictures next time I'm back in Houston, but here's a few that I've got on my computer for now.

I have no intention of shipping the car, but I am confident it can be driven long distances, I drove it usually 300 miles a weekend when I would come home from college.

Price: I'm looking to get somewhere around $1500, but if you've got an offer, let me know.

tsp159 @ houston.rr.com
    kmrobinson @ tamu.edu

or aim: tsp951
    Good bye to the 1989 DX Type R. Hello 2001 LX.

DX:

"Four wheels, four doors, and no frills."

Vehicle
    Pictures of the car.

DX:

Vehicle
    To the top again.

DX: