Thread: Struts and Springs.

LX User

Struts and Springs.

Well after reading a bit more I have changed my mind. For now I am going to get some stock struts and springs from a yard and do some more reading and research. I am gonna stick with my 17" Konig rims ( gotta find one cuz the passenger front side one cracked cuz of bottoming out ) and as far as tires go I am gonna get either Toyo Prox's 4 or Yokohama's AVS es100s 205/40/17.
    What I would like to do is lower the front end an inch and keep the rear stock height. I plan on getting a Xenon body kit next year finally found a site that has some for my hatchback and the kit will come with side skirts. So bottom line is I can stay stock height and still have lowered look, I think.
    In the future I want to look at either some monroe static plus struts or MacPhereson's. My question is what kind of springs would work good for what I want to do. From what some of you have mentioned, that no matter what If and when I get after market springs my will lower because the springs are softer ? Can someone clear this up for me or point me out where to go to read up and get some info on this stuff before I go and shell out $600 for struts and springs.
    Oh, to clear some things up. I want to stay stock height in rear and lower front end an inch. My question is will after market springs lower the car no matter what and if so by how much ? Thanks guys.

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    Why get aftermarket springs if u dont want to lower?If ur going for handling I dont think u will get much out of different springs at the same hight.If u only want the front lower just get some front springs with a 1inch drop.
    Stop bench racing and pick up a wrench

I know my spelling sucks and I suck with computers deal with it.

LX User
    Springs come in sets of four don't they ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijah
    Why get aftermarket springs if u dont want to lower?If ur going for handling I dont think u will get much out of different springs at the same hight.If u only want the front lower just get some front springs with a 1inch drop.

Vehicle
    Previous: '89 Accord LXi hatch, '89 Accord LXi hatch, '86 Prelude Si
    Quote Originally Posted by zerotap
    In the future I want to look at either some monroe static plus struts or MacPhereson's. .
    The MacPherson strut is a different type of suspension usually used to take up the minimum amount of space. Macpherson strut cars only have a lower control arm and the strut. Our cars have upper and lower control arms both front and rear.
    Mike