Thread: Weber installed on 2G accord

Vehicle
    '83 Accord and yeah, I know it's a 2G okay?

Weber installed on 2G accord

. . . a beautiful day here in Kentucky . . . away from home, but I have my tools and so . . .

. . . and I was going to install my new CD player & radio thing . . . but then I got to thinking about the carb . . . rummaged around my tool box . . . found a sort-of flat piece of aluminum and made this . . .

. . . and . . . guess what . . . that's right - a very noticeable improvement in performance!!! WOO HOO!!!!

Zoom-zoom!!!

Happy Honda-ing,

IPF
    Ummm . . . brella, I needanumbrella.

Vehicle
    . . . just one more . . . my baby! I love this car!!!

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    this is what one of the members of this board did. (can't remember who, it may be A20A1).
    make sure the carb opens up fully when you floor it.
    Last edited by shepherd79; 02-28-2004 at 03:38 PM.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    88 accord lx-i coupe 5sp.
    ok, what is that?
    -Brian
    -"lifes a bitch,i swear to god, you take your chances, too many questions and not enuogh answers!"-nappy roots

My Accord

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    No those weren't mine... these were mine.

Top - Has the TV cable on linkage
    Middle - Has TV cable crimped to throttle cable
    Bottom - Has No TV cable
    - llia

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    ha, now its not just any 2gee, its a bad ass one! thats cool man. gotta love a weber, its a weber right? ok, well is it a manual or automatic? and did it already have that carb on, or was this just done?
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

He rebuilt the engine and pretty much fixed everything under the hood.

Did a damn good job of it too.

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI
    Those were shots of my dgv linkage. Looks like they sent a diferet arm with yours ipf.

Just a suggestion. You might want to be the bracket that hold the cable adjuster forward a bit. With the cable coming out of the houseing like that its going to wear the coating off and start binding.

andy

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by PhydeauX
    Those were shots of my dgv linkage. Looks like they sent a diferet arm with yours ipf.

Just a suggestion. You might want to be the bracket that hold the cable adjuster forward a bit. With the cable coming out of the houseing like that its going to wear the coating off and start binding.

andy
    Great suggestion - I'll try bending it using my large adj wrench . . . thanks!

1988starter
    Danm that kicks ass glad to hear you car will be running for years to come.. How many miles do you have on it.

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by 1988starter
    Danm that kicks ass glad to hear you car will be running for years to come.. How many miles do you have on it.
    ~ 218,500

Honestly, I doubt I'll ever own a new car again . . . and probably the best part of this whole experience: my wife wants me to start collecting 2G's . . . you can get 'em down in Georgia for free . . . and . . . I have a good 1/3 acre of land with nothing on it but dirt - the perfect spot for a collection of 2G's . . . and now I have lots of useful tools and my garage will hold 3 of 'em . . .

Happy Honda-ing,

IPF

1988starter
    Quote Originally Posted by it's paid for
    ~ 218,500

Honestly, I doubt I'll ever own a new car again . . . and probably the best part of this whole experience: my wife wants me to start collecting 2G's . . . you can get 'em down in Georgia for free . . . and . . . I have a good 1/3 acre of land with nothing on it but dirt - the perfect spot for a collection of 2G's . . . and now I have lots of useful tools and my garage will hold 3 of 'em . . .

Happy Honda-ing,

IPF
    Oh damn does your wife have a sister by any chance ha ha ha maybe she will help me collect 3geez

Vehicle
    . . . your wife have a sister by any chance ha ha ha maybe she will help me collect 3geez
    LOL! This is a great reason to have a pre-nuptual agreement - forget inheriting my moneny baby, I want it in writing that I get to collect as many Honds's as humanly possible.

. . . make sure the carb opens up fully when you floor it.
    Why? I mean if the 2nd stage now opens up 2/3 of the way, is that going to negatively affect anything? Yeah, I'm sure performance won't be what it could be, but, other than that is there another reason?

BTW - I'm up here in KY all alone - so - how can I really check how much the 2nd stage opens without having someone in the car flooring the pedal while I'm looking down into the carb? I guess I could toss something heavy onto the pedal and then . . . ? Seems like this would work okay - right? Anything bad about that idea?

And - as far as the list goes of what I just did, it's something like this:

• Valve job - found an excellent machine shop
    • alternator
    • water pump
    • lower cam belt cover
    • tires
    • carb
    • all the tune up stuff (plugs, rotor, d-cap, wires, etc)
    • oil
    • radiator coolant
    • prolly some other stuff I'm forgetting

I'm putting together a list of new toys . . . er, I mean TOOLS that I'm gonna need this summer to yank the engine & do the bottom end & transmission. I've already got a used cherry picker on the list, along with some other nice little goodies. Down where I live, you can find a nice, used engine puller for about $250. Oh - I almost forgot - I found a really nice used air compressor for $300 the other day. It looked new and ran great - tank was gigantic like 4 feet long. And - because I've learned the hard way - from now on I ONLY buy good tools. Learned that lesson the hard way - anyone remember this story:

Yeah, sure it's funny NOW . . . wasn't at the time though.

Vehicle

Okay - I'm Confused (T/V Linkage Return Spring)

. . . mine fell off today (sort of - actually, the thin, taught wire end of the spring pulled through the hoopty, home-made soft aluminum linkage adapter plate I made) . . . anyway, I've been driving around without the additional spring and WOW what a big, nice difference in power!!! And that COOL sound of the Weber really opening up . . . along with my modified exhaust system . . . it's really cool & fun now to drive!!! I think this might even help my "hard to start" problem too - we'll see.

Obviously, I was doing something wrong with my throttle linkage return spring . . . and I'm confused: Why are they necessary? My car runs great & idles great without one.

Thanks,

IPF

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Please do not remove your return spring.
    It's there for safety reasons

Right now you are probably relying on the secondary return spring... you have an easier time pushing the throttle and hopefully you alligned the throttle cable so it's not rubbing on the throttle shaft any longer...

anyways sooner or later the carb shafts will begin to get sticky, when that happens it's a good chance your car will keep the throttle even with your foot off the gas, which could cause an accident.

Does your throttle pull have a jump... bump, kink in it?
    Like it gets tight for the first few seconds when you press the gas and then whap the throttle goes loose and opens up quickly.

If it does let me know... I can help.
    Last edited by A20A1; 03-24-2004 at 12:40 AM.
    - llia

Vehicle
    Does your throttle pull have a jump... bump, kink in it?
    Like it gets tight for the first few seconds when you press the gas and then whap the throttle goes loose and opens up quickly.
    It's now really easy (and almost "too sensitive") when you push the accellerator pedal with your foot . . . I guess I need to reattach the return spring somehow so that it pulls back the linkage to the idle stop thing without stopping the carb from opening up all the way . . .

anyways sooner or later the carb shafts will begin to get sticky, when that happens it's a good chance your car will keep the throttle even with your foot off the gas, which could cause an accident.
    Wow, I didn't know that was the reason for the extra spring - makes sense & I'll definitely put it back on . . . I bought my spring from Advance Auto Parts . . . I wonder why didn't Weber include one in my carburetor kit?

Thanks & happy Honda-ing,

IPF

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    listen to what Mike has to say. he almost killed himself because of that spring.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    Yes keep the spring on b/c I almost died twice b/c my original spring fell of somehow. The second time my throttle return spring bracket snapped and the throttle was stuck at WOT.