Thread: 1987 Accord LX-i Hatchback for sale

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord LX-i Hatchback (light blue)

1987 Accord LX-i Hatchback for sale (Price drop!)

1987 Honda Accord Hatchback LX-i. 119,000 miles. Blue exterior with Blue Interior. Automatic transmission. Built in Japan in December of 1986.

Asking $1,400.

I'm in Fishkill, NY - zip code 12524. I'll travel to Long Island if that's convenient for you. The car has a clean NY title, and Will pass NY emissions tests. Don't take my word - check the Carfax report. The VIN is JHMCA5486HC048828

I've owned the car since May of 2000. I'm the second owner, and I purchased it from Huntington Honda with 60,837 miles. The car is completely stock. I haven't done any modifications other than replacing some minor interior pieces from other junked Accords (clock, cruise control master switch, etc.) The owner's manual is included.

The exterior is in pretty good shape. There is some minor rust around ther rear driver's side wheel well, and there are some spots on the front passenger side fender from where the prior owner spilled battery acid. The front bumper has a few spots where the paint is peeling. Other than that, the car looks pretty good. The interior looks much better than the car's age would suggest. The exterior is pretty nice as well. It's never been involved in an accident, so all the body panels and molding are intact.

I've replaced various things on the car as necessary. All the fluids are in good shape. I had the brake fluid and transmission fluid changed recently. I've been putting Mobil 1 synthetic oil into the engine for at least the last 40k miles. The rear right upper control arm was recently replaced. The front rotors are fairly new, and the tires are in good shape (they're Cooper Sportmaster GT if you care). I just put in a new battery since the old one finally gave up the ghost.

All the interior switches and gauges in the car work. The air conditioning works fine.

It's got power windows and power mirrors. Power locks weren't an option on this model, so it only has manual locks. It has intermittent front windshield wipers, and there is also a rear wiper.

It has 50-50 flip down rear seats - there is a lot of cargo room in the back. I've managed to fit everything from furniture to a barbecue grill in there.

My email address is agiorgio (at) optonline (dot) net.

I also have the Honda factory shop manual in mint condition - let me know if you're interested.
    Last edited by Nighthawk; 04-29-2004 at 07:44 PM.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    how much do you want for the shop manual? when i first saw that car i took a double take because its EXACTLY like mine. . . . .
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

DX User
    Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by NXRacer
    how much do you want for the shop manual? when i first saw that car i took a double take because its EXACTLY like mine. . . . .
    Does that mean you want a second one?

How does $50 shipped for the manual sound? It's in perfect shape - I never really did any heavy work on my car, so it only got taken out in clean environments. It came with the automatic seat belt supplement, and I'll throw that in as well.

If that's too steep for you, feel free to thow me a counter offer. I don't have a need for it, and I'd like to see it have a good home, rather than go to someone on eBay.

Vehicle
    1987 LXi
    TO BAD NOT IN fl...I WANT A FL LXI HATCH AUTO
    3rd Gen Accord Shirts and Stuff
    Some of my Drawings
    85 IROC Z28,TPI 355ci,700r4, 9.4:1 Aluminum pistons, COMP CAMS street/strip hyd roller cam, HYE TECH ported/polished heads, HOOKER Longtubes, Full 3 inch exaust NO Cat, TPIS alum fuel pressure reg, ACCEL distributor, custom programed chip from Performance Resource, Competition Engineering shocks. 10/90 front 50/50 back. Eibach drag springs up front. Auburn posi. SLP cold air induction and airfoil.batt relocated w/ kill switch.Still on street tires (Kuhmos all around)SOLD
    87 IROC Z28, TPI 350ci, 700R4, 3.42 Posi, 4 wheel disk, Completely Stock (Wrecked)

1987 LXi 2.0 auto

DX User
    Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Imports
    TO BAD NOT IN fl...I WANT A FL LXI HATCH AUTO
    Make me an offer - I can take a road trip to Disney World if necessary (and I'm serious - I really want to sell this car)

SEi User
    Vehicle
    81 HB LX, 84 HB S, 89 LX-i Coupe
    Man, that is clean. Still haven't sold it yet?

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX (Sold), '94 Buick LeSabre "The Tank", '86 Lxi New Project
    id buy that if it were a manual, im sick of automatic, my old man used to be a lt. in fishkill, bout 6 hours from me...you come down on that price let me know

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX
    yeah too bad its auto. Its in great shape tho

~Dont laugh, mines paid for~
    http://lowrider.cardomain.com/id/dreamracer88

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments
    hey Night, I'm only about 15 min. out of Danbury, CT which is not far from you at all.

If you still have the car, I'm interested. Got a number I can reach you at?

My coupe is on it's last leg, and I could use another car that's more reliable then the coupe for now (seeing as the (soon to be) wife is expecting.) It'll be a pain in the arse, but I think I can swing the $$ for it.
    -Mark D.

DX User
    Im live in PK, NY nighthawk....still got the hatch? i just bought one in mint condition 2 weeks ago but 2 is better than 1. Let me now and give me a price.
    845-489-2918 cellie Sean....thanks

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX (Sold), '94 Buick LeSabre "The Tank", '86 Lxi New Project
    Im live in PK, NY nighthawk....still got the hatch? i just bought one in mint condition 2 weeks ago but 2 is better than 1. Let me now and give me a price.
    845-489-2918 cellie Sean....thanks

is the other hatch you got manual, would you wanna sell it?

DX User
    Vehicle
    Hey there - the hatch is still for sale. Sorry that I didn't check the thread for a while. I thought nobody was even reading this thread anymore.

I don't really have room for three cars at our house, so I'm looking to sell the hatch. I've been driving our 1995 Accord EX lately (a birthday present from my wife ) so I haven't been driving the 87 much.

Mark - you can email me at agiorgio (AT) optonline (DOT) net for my number.

Sean - I left a message on your voice mail.
    Last edited by Nighthawk; 04-24-2004 at 05:33 PM.

DX User
    Vehicle
    She's still available - anyone interested?

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch
    i love the car, its a twin of mine... but i live in washington, so its not really practical to have the car shipped, since it would add a lot to the cost...

DX User
    Vehicle
    Is anyone interested in the car? I dropped the price to $1400.

Make me an offer if you're interested.
    Last edited by Nighthawk; 04-29-2004 at 09:00 PM.

Vehicle
    86 LXi (totaled stupid old broads cant drive)
    if you were closer...bah....

Vehicle
    86 LXi (totaled stupid old broads cant drive)

DX User
    Vehicle
    Bump.

Somebody give my baby a good home!