Thread: Going away for a long time.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    2007 pilot

Going away for a long time.

Well, for those of you who have read my posts over the course of the last few months, may recall me mentioning some stuff about going out of the country soon, or quitting my job. Well, here is my explination why. I'm about to serve a mission for my church. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, the mission will be 2 years long, and I will be learning Russian. They're sending me to Donetsk Urkaine, where I will Procelyte, do service, teach english classes, and whatever else missionaries do. I have been mulling over doing this for a long time, and a few months ago, I decided I was going to do it. I leave April 14th for language training, and I will be in the Ukraine sometime in June or July. I won't have time to check up on the website, but I promise I will check back on you guys sometime in 2006. Its been a fun ride guys. Thanks for all your help, and keep up the good work!

-Will

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    hmm.. are you an elder? elder ho??

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

LXi User
    Vehicle
    2007 pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by dXsquared
    hmm.. are you an elder? elder ho??
    I wont be officially Elder Schmidt until I go to the MTC (missionary training center) april 14th. Then ill get my cool name tag and learn how to knock on doors and such.

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    aww.. elder ho wouldnt have been cool... my dad is a member of your church... and my english teacher is the bishop.. its kinda neat... i used to chill with lotsa cool elders... one guy had a sticker that said "Canada Kicks Ass" in his day book.. i saw that and told him i was gonna get him in trouble.. he just laughed lol

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

Vehicle
    88 accord lx-i coupe 5sp.
    dude that sucks! 2 years?! well, i guess we'll see u then man, have a good time.
    -Brian
    -"lifes a bitch,i swear to god, you take your chances, too many questions and not enuogh answers!"-nappy roots

My Accord

Vehicle
    88 Honda Accord LX, 96 Kia Sephia RS
    Uhh.......... I don't know if I agree with you but it's cool that you would give up 2 years of your life in another country just to help people. :cool2: Good luck. See you in 2006.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    2007 pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by lightbulblxi
    dude that sucks! 2 years?! well, i guess we'll see u then man, have a good time.
    Sucks? No way man, this will be the best experience ever. Its not like I am leaving anything important behind either. Ive only lived in Michigan for about a year, my job sucks, I've got my associates degree basically... I've got nothing to lose. I am really excited and anxious to go. Thanks for the well wishes. Later man.

Quote Originally Posted by lightbulblxi
    aww.. elder ho wouldnt have been cool... my dad is a member of your church... and my english teacher is the bishop.. its kinda neat... i used to chill with lotsa cool elders... one guy had a sticker that said "Canada Kicks Ass" in his day book.. i saw that and told him i was gonna get him in trouble.. he just laughed lol
    Elder Ho would be a cool name. Maybe I should get one of those 3geez.com stickers with Elder Ho as my name. Do you remember which mission those elders were from? I had a freind who served his mission in Ontario somewhere, he would have been called Elder Dalton. Don't know if you knew him, but its worth a shot. I wish there were more members here in michigan's upper pennisula. I am going to be the ONLY person serving a mission from our church in the entire UP. Oh well.

Vehicle
    87 Accord (RIP), 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Good luck man! Russian is a very fun language to learn (well, sometimes). Ukrainian is very similar.

My boss is over in Estonia for a youth group mission, but she's only going to be there for a little over a week. Have fun!
    - Joe

Vehicle
    2006 Nissan 350z
    I am very happy for you bro. Sounds great that you can travel doing something to help others.

Just keep you nose clean and don't tell anyone to drochit', or you are as good as gone!

I will remember our quarrels as good as they were. I hope that in 2006 that I am still even an owner of my car and here, if not...have a distinguished life! And I hope to chat with you on another board someday...until then.
    natsugusa ya
    tsuwamono domo ga
    yume no ato

Vehicle
    87 LX
    You might want to reconsider going to the Ukraine, I hear there are openings for missionaries here

BTW its spelled Ukraine. Try to learn that before you get there.
    ------------------

Vehicle
    1991 Subaru XT6 AWD, 1988 Subaru XT6 AWD
    All this talk about Elder this and the whole Mormon thing make me think of the movie Orgasmo... I have to watch that one again.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    2007 pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by kroy
    You might want to reconsider going to the Ukraine, I hear there are openings for missionaries here

BTW its spelled Ukraine. Try to learn that before you get there.

Kroy is that you? I hear a lack of tact, a complete and utter disregard for other people's beliefs, a swelling of immaturity, and a whole lot of hypocrisy. No one else has that much conviction talking about stuff that doesn't matter... it must be Kroy.

awww Kroy.... you're such a jerk. ::sniff:: I am going to miss ya!

Don't take it personally man... I'M LEAVING.
    Last edited by RustyHo88; 03-22-2004 at 05:53 AM.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    2007 pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by zero.counter
    I am very happy for you bro. Sounds great that you can travel doing something to help others.

Just keep you nose clean and don't tell anyone to drochit', or you are as good as gone!

I will remember our quarrels as good as they were. I hope that in 2006 that I am still even an owner of my car and here, if not...have a distinguished life! And I hope to chat with you on another board someday...until then.
    Hey, thanks man. I too will remember our little arguements. Not for their substance, but for what I learned in discretion and perception. I checked on the meaning of drochit', and now I see what you mean :cool2: . Just remember; you don't have to own a 3g to frequent 3geez.com. Hopefully I will see you around someday; but if I don't hear from you again, best of luck in all that you do.

Vehicle
    '13 Civic Si 4dr / 05 Saturn VUE 2.2L 5-Spd
    Good luck man, I know I couldn't do it.
    Your 4MB signature image has been deleted.
    ^And I'm going to leave it that way.