Thread: need help carb guru's

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 accord lx 4dr

need help carb guru's

ok, here we go...I was having an idle problem, so via the board I rebuilt my carb, made the secondary mechanical and removed those "damn dirty vacuum lines. I'm still messing with the air/fuel mixture and idle sets to get them to my satisfaction. Here's the crazy thing, any time I make a right turn (like down a street/into a driveway),it dies on me...now, when I turn to the left the idle goes up a couple a hundred rrr's...now I've been working on cars for over 15 years(mainly mopars) and I've never had a problem like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    hows the float level?

and have you changed both your fuel filters?
    - llia

Vehicle
    87 LX
    Whats with all the n00bs from Columbus signing on after I move away?
    But anyways, I had a similar problem in another vehicle. The fuel system was identical to the accord.
    I bypassed the first filter with a hose then installed a nice fat clear filter right next to the carb and it solved my problems.
    So you might want to try that, alone with replacing the strainer, its the prefilter on the end of the pump inside the tank.
    ------------------

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 accord lx 4dr
    float level looks good, at least the fuel level is in the middle of the sight glass/window.
    I have changed both external fuel filters but not the strainer in tank...the local honda dealer here in Westerville told me the filler tube recall had ended, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a safety recall(I did't know the expired). I'll change that filter when I get some time(kids starting baseball this weekend). thanks for the info..

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 accord lx 4dr

fixed stalling/idle problem...stupid mistake

yeah, it was stupid. I pulled the carb back off and when I did the I noticed the throttle plate wasn't completely closed. After a little inspection, the a/c idle up screw was not fully retracted thus holding open my throttle. This wasnt letting me set the idle speed/air fuel mix screw correctly after the rebuild. the only reason I left the a/c idle up thingy on was I like a/c.
    Just to refresh...I've rebuilt carb w/mech secondary, removed vacuum lines, flipped lid, replaced filters, ran the piss out of it...Working great now, thanks for all the supporting link/thread...
    Last edited by 87accordlxxx; 04-11-2004 at 07:28 PM.