View Poll Results: Which rims do you like best.

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • G-Racing Seki

7 46.67%
  • RH Evolution C2

2 13.33%
  • Konig Prophet

4 26.67%
  • R-1 GTR-10

2 13.33%

Thread: Opinions on rim choice..

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX

Question Opinions on rim choice..

Well, I am finally graduating this year, and I think my parents are going to buy me some rims for a grad present. My dad is also wanting some rims for his TL soon, so I think we might get the two sets at once, and I am having trouble deciding which rims I really want. Here are some pictures of the rims I am considering, and I will be getting Yoko Prada Spec2 tires. Also, the rims will be 17".

Here are my considerations. Please let me know what u think, there is a poll set up too.

#1: G-Racing Seki, Black with a polished lip.

#2: RH Evolution C2

#3: Konig Prophet, Black Opal finish. (these look much shinier in person)

#4: R-1 Racing GTR-10, Black w/polished lip

Vehicle
    Oh BTW, these will be going on my Se-i. Here is a picture of it stock, and a chop I did with the C2's on it.

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    i like the first rim. i think it will look better on your car.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX Coupe 43k miles. Turboed 92 civic hatchback.
    I'm going to have to say number 4. But I don't really like any of them, too many spokes for me.
    88 Accord DX. Custom Mercedes Benz Grey Paint. 16" RS Limited Rival gunmetal rims. Wrapped in Dunlop 205/45/16. MSD Ignition Box 6A. MSD Ignition Coil. NGK Wires. Custom intake w/civic air intake box.2.25 inch exhaust piping. Fireball muffer. Grounding kit.

Vehicle
    '95 Supra, '08 CBR 600RR, '89 LX-i Coupe (R.I.P.), '88 LX-i Sedan (R.I.P.), '87 LX-i Sedan (R.I.P.)
    whichever set is the lightest (i like the racing harts)
    Greg

1989 LX-i 2dr 5spd (R.I.P.)

2008 CBR 600RR -- 1995 Toyota Supra NA -- 2013 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x

Vehicle
    I'm going to have to say number 4. But I don't really like any of them, too many spokes for me
    Well i like the look of the many spokes on the stock rims, but want 17's... so I want to go for a multi-spoke look.

whichever set is the lightest (i like the racing harts)
    I don't know about the weight of these wheels, and I really don't care too much about that. I am by no means trying to make an insanely fast car right now, just want to have minor performance upgrades.. so I am just going for the rims that will look best.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    I have the RH C2's and to be honest im not happy with them at all at this point. I took really good care of them the past two summers and the clear coat is dull and peeling in a few places now. I just put them back on this past friday and they dont look any where near as shinny as they did. This weekend i was at a car show and saw a lot of cars with them and they were all new. They were a good price but the clear coat sucks. I also saw the real C2's and they are awesome with a real chrome lip and silver mesh and they look like they will hold up very well through the elements. But they are 2x the price of the evolutions. The only recomendations i can give is to go with a solid color not silver polished like mine. Im sure you have seen this but in case you have not this is how good they look when they are new in good light outside.

Vehicle
    Thanks for the input rob. Seeing the pics of the C2's on your accord is what made me consider them in the first place, but after hearing that I don't know if I really want to spend $1600 on them.

I don't know how you got such a good price, but I cannot seem to find them cheap anywhere in the city. Maybe some shops will have specials coming up soon, but after hearing that, I couldnt justify buying the most expensive rims and having them hold up the worst.

Vehicle
    I paid $990 shipped to CT from FL from www.wheelmax.com and that is what i would say is what they are worth at most. For $1600 US i could almost buy the real C2's so if i were you keep shopping or find another wheel. I know how hard it is to find a nice wheel to look nice on your car i went through so many choices. I really wanted the 3pc C2's but at that time i was paranoid from when my other accord was almost stolen and i couldnt justify spending $2000 for someone to steal them. But im considering getting them when i get new wheels now after seeing them up close this weekend and since i dont/wont drive my car certain places now. Good luck picking the wheels if your car was stictly a show car then the C2's would be find but i dont think this is the case. I just say that because most people buy rims expecting to have them for a while so i dont want someone else to go through what i did even though im buying new wheels eventually and doesnt bother me as much.

Vehicle
    For $1600 US i could almost buy the real C2's
    Ya, this is 1600 CDN, so nowhere near 1600US. I think that the real C2;s are out of the price range I am looking at, even though I think they would look awesome.

And no, my car definately isnt jsut a show car, I drive it every day, to school, and back, and if I had a job I would be driving there too. I also plan on doing some travelling this summer by driving, so I need something that will hold up well.
    And wheelmax no longer sells RH evolution.

Vehicle
    You can try www.washingtontire.com they have the C2000 which is similar basically no center cap for $216 each for 17's which is about what i paid for mine.

LX User
    Vehicle
    07 Ford F-150 supercab
    I like number 3. I had Enkei Etoria's. But my ex had Konigs on his GT and those are great rims. pics of mine are in here http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jul...bum?.dir=/9880
    Last edited by rare_89lxi_coupe; 03-28-2004 at 10:47 PM.