Thread: Annoying Starting Habit

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 5-spd

Annoying Starting Habit

After leaving my car sit overnight, the only way for me to start it is to turn the key to the accessory position until the "Check Engine" light goes out, then turn the key to the start position. If I try to start the car without doing this, the car will crank and crank, but not start for several seconds. Then it will start and run just fine. What parts could I check to maybe rid my car of this habit?
    1989 Accord LX-i Coupe
    K&N Air Filter, fog lights, NGK plugs, Bosch wires, Pioneer 5500MP, Pioneer 5.25's and 6x9's

Vehicle
    95 Skivic
    Main Relay, under the left side of dash, pull out the coin holder and try tapping it with a screwdriver when the PGM-FI Light is on

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    do you get any ECU codes?
    Alex.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 5-spd
    There are no codes on the dash, and only one code on the ECU under the seat. The LED flashed 17 times (Vehicle Speed Sensor - this explains why my cruise control doesn't work) but there are no other codes displayed. Do you think that the VSS would cause this starting issue? Seems to me that it would only affect the cruise control, as it is already doing. Thanks for the help.

And cyric, should I try tapping on the main relay while trying to start it without letting the engine light go out first? I think this is what you mean, but I'm just checking.
    1989 Accord LX-i Coupe
    K&N Air Filter, fog lights, NGK plugs, Bosch wires, Pioneer 5500MP, Pioneer 5.25's and 6x9's

Accord of the Year - 2008

Vehicle
    89 Accord No Motor and 88 Accord HB LX-i
    My Accord does about the same thing my ECU light will come on and say on and it will not start then i turn the key off then back on the light will go out and i will start it makeing me NUTS
    LX-R coming soon Here's a hint. 89mm stroke/ 41.60cc head /ARP head & main stud's /SRP piston's 81.5mm 9:5:1/Crower Rod's & more to come