Thread: Looking for Rear Disc Setup from 89 EXi!

Vehicle
    95 Chev C1500 Truck / 90 Cavalier Coupe (sold)/ 88 Accord LX Sedan (sold)

Looking for Rear Disc Setup from 89 SE-i!

If anyone is selling their 89 SE-i, let me know, as I want the rear disc brakes, e-brakes cables & porportioning valve from an 89 SE-i.
    Last edited by DeathRat; 04-06-2004 at 08:23 PM.

Accord of the Year - 2006

Quote Originally Posted by DeathRat
    If anyone is selling their 89 EXi, let me know, as I want the rear disc brakes, e-brakes cables & porportioning valve from an 89 EXi.

Try an experiment for me.

the 88-89 Acura Legend rear suspension looks exactly the same as the Accord sei rear suspension. Only difference is the Legend has rear calipers and rotors that are twice as big as the Accord ones. These cars are all over the place in junkyards and arent that rare so theyre easy to source.

Only problems I can see is that the wheel studs are a different spacing but you can probably put on the Accord hub and just drill the new holes in the rotor. you could get the prop valve from the same car if the suspension bolts up. the ebrake cable will most likely have to come from an coord sei.

If you can experiment with this it will open up a new way for people to do a rear brake swap. I would do it myself but have no time and my project money is focused on other things.

just giving you an idea that could help you out if you cant source up an sei rear suspension.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i (RIP)
    I have a Rear Caliper setup with prop valve from 89 se-i.. but NO e-cables. $50 + SH and they are yours. (that goes for anyone here... i need some cash, my Ma hates the sinking piece of junk in her backyard.)
    This useless space for sale, please inquire at the front desk.

Vehicle
    93 civic
    Quote Originally Posted by dosh8er
    I have a Rear Caliper setup with prop valve from 89 se-i.. but NO e-cables. $50 + SH and they are yours. (that goes for anyone here... i need some cash, my Ma hates the sinking piece of junk in her backyard.)
    By setup, do you mean the whole control arm just not the ebrake cables? if so, i'm really interested

Accord of the Year - 2008

Vehicle
    89 Accord No Motor and 88 Accord HB LX-i
    Quote Originally Posted by dosh8er
    Need pic's of what you have that will help the sell
    LX-R coming soon Here's a hint. 89mm stroke/ 41.60cc head /ARP head & main stud's /SRP piston's 81.5mm 9:5:1/Crower Rod's & more to come

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathRat
    If anyone is selling their 89 EXi, let me know, as I want the rear disc brakes, e-brakes cables & porportioning valve from an 89 EXi.
    The EX-i came with rear drums.The SE-i is the only model with rear discs.
    Stop bench racing and pick up a wrench

I know my spelling sucks and I suck with computers deal with it.

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijah
    The EX-i came with rear drums.The SE-i is the only model with rear discs.
    Thnx...forgot...thread corrected.

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by guaynabo89
    Try an experiment for me.

the 88-89 Acura Legend rear suspension looks exactly the same as the Accord sei rear suspension. Only difference is the Legend has rear calipers and rotors that are twice as big as the Accord ones. These cars are all over the place in junkyards and arent that rare so theyre easy to source.

Only problems I can see is that the wheel studs are a different spacing but you can probably put on the Accord hub and just drill the new holes in the rotor. you could get the prop valve from the same car if the suspension bolts up. the ebrake cable will most likely have to come from an coord sei.

If you can experiment with this it will open up a new way for people to do a rear brake swap. I would do it myself but have no time and my project money is focused on other things.

just giving you an idea that could help you out if you cant source up an sei rear suspension.
    Hmmmm.....Interesting......
    Well due to financial difficulties right now....(Just bought a H4 conversion instead)....This Rear Disc Swap will have to wait, yet again. Might look into this proposal though when I get time though.