Thread: chrome interior

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LX-i HB

chrome interior

Hey I saw in my Street Outlaws DVD I got through my sponsorship, Sport Compact Pro, a few cars that had what looked to be chrome plated floorboards. It looked like some bumpers on trucks or stuff like that. Is that something that has to be custom done, or does somebody make them for installation? My floor carpeting is all worn out and ripped and I would like to put something else in. If I could do that, it would be easier to clean up after dumbass friends of mine after they spill sodas in my damn car. I also kinda wanna make a custom center console so that I have a cup holder so when I go thru the McDonalds drive thru My soda doesnt sweat and make me look like I pissed my pants. Thats an embarassing situation.
    1986 Honda Accord LX-i hatchback:
    Mods: CAI, muffler, custom fan wiring, seat covers, steering wheel cover, custom paint job (spraypaint)

Future mods:New cylinder head due to overheating, 1990 Honda Civic headlight conversion, body kit

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    Who are you sponsored by and how come? I believe you're talking about Diamond Plate Floor Mats.

Something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33697

Diamond plate comes in many different types of designs. Here's a different design: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33697

Vehicle
    Can you post pics of your car b/c I would like to see that custom paint job. It must be mint to be sponsored with just the mods you have listed.

-Mike

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX
    Quote Originally Posted by urd_86hb
    Hey I saw in my Street Outlaws DVD I got through my sponsorship, Sport Compact Pro, a few cars that had what looked to be chrome plated floorboards. It looked like some bumpers on trucks or stuff like that. Is that something that has to be custom done, or does somebody make them for installation? My floor carpeting is all worn out and ripped and I would like to put something else in. If I could do that, it would be easier to clean up after dumbass friends of mine after they spill sodas in my damn car. I also kinda wanna make a custom center console so that I have a cup holder so when I go thru the McDonalds drive thru My soda doesnt sweat and make me look like I pissed my pants. Thats an embarassing situation.
    It's probably just aluminum checker plate, you can buy it at any steel/aluminum supply. You might be able to pick up some waste pieces from a company that manufactures truck decks/boxes. The hard part is cutting them to size, you pretty much have to use a plasma to do that, you rent one at a some of the larger rental companies like Hertz Rentals or Rental Service Corporation. It might be easier to make a cardboard pattern and take it to a sheet metal shop and pay someone to do it though, you might get away with buying them a case of beer or something.
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/396598

Is it just my imagination or does Kalimari kinda look like deep fried assholes?

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LX-i HB
    I am sponsored by Sport Compact Pro. No, my paint job is not mint. It actually looks bretty crappy. I just used some spraypaint and made a design on the side of my car. I just used some blue paint. Its not really glossy or anything. Right now Im just experimenting with designs. When i find one I like, Im gonna sand it all the way down and primer it, then paint it with metallic spraypaint. I just did a Honda "H" on my hood today with metallic silver spraypaint. I took my time and sanded it and it looks like a real "H" decal. I hope to post pics sometime in the next week or so.
    1986 Honda Accord LX-i hatchback:
    Mods: CAI, muffler, custom fan wiring, seat covers, steering wheel cover, custom paint job (spraypaint)

Future mods:New cylinder head due to overheating, 1990 Honda Civic headlight conversion, body kit

Vehicle
    Shit I need to get sponsored so I can have some spare money for more tools. I wouldn't doubt in 2 years or less my car will be in some magazine. Right now the motor is in "Show condition" IMO. The body is stockish looking with a JDM wing and painted tails, with clear signals and corners. I just want to get a custom paint job, lower it, and tint the windows. And I think I will be set to put it in some shows.

-Mike

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    I'm raising the flag on the sponsorship. Esp if you're car is anywhere from mint condition.

diamond plate floor pan, metallic "H" on the hood =
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord LX
    haha that is the most BS ever , why would u spray paint your car if you are sponsored and why are you on this site asking guys about diamond plating ? i just dont get it with soem guys and why they need to lie alot
    ~Eat , Sleep , Breathe 3 Gee ! ~

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 accord lx carbed
    i think somebodys got penis envy.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................
    "i dont have friends anymore and my favorite hangout is the junkyard but damn it runs good"..... by me. "i know i have not gotten laid in a while but trust me the blisters on my hands are from working on my car"...........by me.

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 accord lx carbed
    street outlaws dvd!! am i just high or is that fucking humorouse
    "i dont have friends anymore and my favorite hangout is the junkyard but damn it runs good"..... by me. "i know i have not gotten laid in a while but trust me the blisters on my hands are from working on my car"...........by me.

Vehicle
    88' Accord LXI
    nah there really is a street outlaws dvd...they were sellin it at the ECI show in Jax. Also its on those damn infomercials on TV. Im sponsered by 3 places and my car isnt that great. So i dont really doubt him. He might be one of those "under construction" cars.

Street Outlaws

Vehicle
    Well since I have never seen his car or posted pics of his car, it's kinda hard to believe.

Are you sponsered by local places or by who Matt?

Vehicle
    88' Accord LXI
    Yea i agree id have to see some pics too..

Yea they are local but one has another place down in Miami.

They are:
    Tint It -Tinting, custom vinals, stickers
    Division 6 -Paint, body work, motors
    F.A.R. Performance - Interior, body work, fiberglassing, etc

Vehicle
    Cool, I've been thinking I might get my car sponsered after I get it painted to my specs.

Vehicle
    88' Accord LXI
    Yeah my car is goin in the booth pretty soon. I got my quote from a guy named Wes who owes my other friend a favor. Anyways everything will be shaved and smoothed (emblems, black moldings on the side, antenna), dents fixed, and i was thinkin i was gonna kinda do an IS300 back end but instead of the round lights just leave the stock rectangular lights so i have my reverse lights still...then shave the rest of the actual trunk part (hard to explain). But im paintin it Escalade White with extra sparkle all from House of Color...everything for $500

Vehicle
    88' Accord LXI
    Also in a little while i am goin up to tha junkyard to pick up some sidemarkers to make clear markers and i am also gonna clear out my turn signals today. I am ordering my Tokico shocks n struts soon too. Other than that i am gettin DAD or w/e black racing seats (only $300), the back seats re-wrapped, some vinaling, fiberglassing and a system and ill be done...i also have my motor price and all this should be done by the end of summer if not by January.

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    mattphi, you need to hook me up with some sponsors, hehe

LXi User
    Vehicle
    '88 Accord Lx-i
    Well why can't I get a sponsor with the condition and what I have done to my car???
    - 01 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Flip down LCD screen and DVD player, 8000k HID's, Westin light bar w/ PIAA 520's, Custom Flowmaster cat-back.

Vehicle
    ???
    dont feel bad crwa, i wasnt sponsered! Fuck i didnt even get into any clubs...wtf

heres a pic www.cardomain.com/id/hondamanlxi (last page)

ps: i got rid of the accord
    I havent forgotten my roots

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i (done for) 88 crx si 91 bmw, 93 lexus es300 project88dx accord
    what u dont got the accord no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vehicle
    1987 honda accord lx
    nooooooooooo!!!!!!! you had it lookin so good. What did you do with it.

Vehicle
    1986 Accord LX-i *** 2002 Mustang GT
    man diamond plate floor is almost as as the rear raceing seats!

just joking Mike!!
    "Seriously, I have a half o' pack of Rolaids in my dipper" -Stewie (Family Guy)

Car Pics
    vBGarage

DX User
    hahaha, urd 86hb....you consider "custom fan wiring" a mod?? wow. i don't consider my ITR header a mod.