Thread: New Uk 3g

DX User

Arrow New Uk 3g

Hi, Just bought my first 3G and I love it. Its a standard 2.0 EX Auto 4 door, with 58,000 miles on the clock. It cost me £250 and (for all people who know what it means) it just flew through its MoT. Its really nice to drive and is the cleanest car i've ever had. Going to get some nice wheels for it and tint the windows. I've started putting the sound system in, mostly JBL. Tempted to do a weber carb conversion but i'm scared that it'll kill me on fuel (80p/$1.40 a LITRE over here) its just cost me £43.00 to fill the tank! Any way here are a few pics of a jap spec car for you to drool over!

http://img49.photobucket.com/albums/...Honda_rear.jpg

http://img49.photobucket.com/albums/...da/Honda_6.jpg

DX User
    Vehicle
    '89 Honda Accord LX
    Whats MoT?

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    im thinkin Ministry of Transportation...like a safety inspection... we have one too... its like the DMV

Travis

DX User
    Yes, exactly right. You have to take your car for an MoT every 12 months and they test all the safety items, lights, belts, emissions, brake efficiency etc. The MoT for mine was due to run out on the 7th of may but you can take it for its new test up to a month before and get it to run from the old date (crazy eh?). So mine is mot'd until 7th of May 2005!
    It costs £30 for an MoT over here. You also have to buy a Tax disc to display in the window (£92 for 6 months or £165 for 12). Then there is the petrol prices!!

Vehicle
    '86 LX Sedan (gone), '89 LX sedan
    How much are you paying for gas (petrol) over there? Over here it's around $0.76 per litre.
    - Steve -

My Accord

DX User
    Anywhere between £0.75 and £0.85 a litre. It used to be about 0.90 a litre but all the truckers refused to deliver petrol and it all ran out!! So they had to lower the price. It works out to about 1.40 US$