Thread: JIM!!! Look at this!!

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX-i

JIM!!! Look at this!!

OPM offers Carrera shocks and revalved Koni's. What is different about their Konis and how are Carreras??

http://www.opmmotorsports.com/honda.html#Honda86-88Accord
    '88 LX-i Coupe --- LS/Vtec
    '08 Accord EX-L 6-6 --- Daily Duty

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    One step ahead of ya:p here's a copy of what they told me via email.

"We do have the brake lines & radius rod bearings in stock. The shocks are gas charged single or double adjustable, we make our own units through KONI. We no longer carry the Carrera units. Call for more info."

I emailed them about the struts and I'm gonna buy the stainless steel brake lines and radius rod bearings.

I'm going to talk to them more about the struts. I like my koni's but I tend to be one of those insane people that really pushes my car hard. I have had some instances where I needed more dampening and stiffer springs. So I have 3 choices, all of which include installing B&G springs.

1. send my Bilstein H.D.'s back to Bilstein to be revalved stiffer. I'd need to purchase a rear set as I only have the fronts. Cost
    $244 to revalve 4 struts + $140 for the 2 new rear strurts. I'm going to talk to them and see If they will let me send them the complete strut/spring assembly off the car and engineer for me the proper stiffness. Other wise I'll have to guess as to how much would be best for stiffness, +30%???

2.$1200 for shocktek products double adjustable Bilstein struts, which btw they do make for our cars. But $1200!! OUCH!!!
    http://www.hotshox.com/products/products.html

3.$1200 for the Koni units from opmotorsports Biggest benefit I see with these is double adjustable and gas charged. But I don't know if these guys know what their doing and dang their still $1200!!!