Thread: secondary diaphram

DX User

secondary diaphram

I have removed all the vacuum lines and am having trouble with the vacuum secondary. In the diagram it looks like line 6 teed off of line 2 has something inline with it that is not named in the picture. What is it? Also has anyone found a way for a mechanical advance to give a smooth transition?

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    are you sure that isn't the throttle controller and not the secondary diaphragm... the secondary is on the right, the idle diaphragm is on the left... the thing in-line with the vacuum line is a check valve... you might not need it, but if it is there then just leave it there... if you have problems with the idle then remove the check valve and just run a vaccum line... the check valve has a clear part and a orange colored part.
    - llia

DX User
    yeah that is the throttle controller. It looks like you guys have yours removed I am just going to take mine off.

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 accord lx carbed
    can you remove the idle control with no problem? i just left mine in cause it was there in the picture somebody sent me of their vac removal i never thought about removing it one less thing to worry about. the bladder leaks on mine so its gotta go. inwywind convert to manual secondary its quick easy and gives a little boost.it shows you how to do it in the vacline how to.trust me its better this way.
    "i dont have friends anymore and my favorite hangout is the junkyard but damn it runs good"..... by me. "i know i have not gotten laid in a while but trust me the blisters on my hands are from working on my car"...........by me.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    the only thing you really need to hold idle is the throttle stop screw.
    - llia