Thread: NEW SHOCKS...kyb,monroe... gabriel????

Vehicle
    87' CA5

NEW SHOCKS...kyb,monroe... gabriel????

I recently lowered my blue beauty, and I realized just how 24 yr ol shocks feel! Now I want a smooth ride, not TOKICO. so I was debating between kyb, and monroe.... and my mechanic told me about these much CHEAPER shocks from "gabriel"... or however its spelled. Has anybody used these, and are they able to give a smooth ride to a lowered car. Thanks fam! Any info will help, I wanna change the shocks asap... my suspension and my back are getting tired of the beating! Lol
    FYI- car is lowered 3inches. Coilovers.16" wheels

Vehicle
    1986 accord LXI

Re: NEW SHOCKS...kyb,monroe... gabriel????

Quote Originally Posted by CA5_KMT_LX View Post
    I recently lowered my blue beauty, and I realized just how 24 yr ol shocks feel! Now I want a smooth ride, not TOKICO. so I was debating between kyb, and monroe.... and my mechanic told me about these much CHEAPER shocks from "gabriel"... or however its spelled. Has anybody used these, and are they able to give a smooth ride to a lowered car. Thanks fam! Any info will help, I wanna change the shocks asap... my suspension and my back are getting tired of the beating! Lol
    FYI- car is lowered 3inches. Coilovers.16" wheels
    how far did u lower ur car?

and u get what u pay for so cheap shocks cheap ride

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Hatch (Sold),1989 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 88 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 89 LX-i Sedan (RIP)

on 3in your going to blow KYB, Monroe, or just about anything that is out there.
    Best bet is too locate some hard to find KONI's or Bilstiens and have them revalved for the height your riding at.
    Other choice is to bring the car back up

depending on how stiff your coilovers are you might be able to get a decent ride with kyb or monroe. they wont last long unless you get a tophat mod up front and civic shocks in back, as you will be bottoming them out. so i suggest searching "tophat mod"; the civic shocks will be mentioned in pretty much all of those threads. if you want to run cheaper shocks you could but don't expect much if your springs are stiff as hell.

Vehicle
    88 lxi

yea the tophat will be your best option. the revalved bilstiens would be great but run a pretty penny. civic struts are good but youll still need to do some modification. but if you want i really nice ride get some skunk2 struts for an ef and make them fit. i think tophat will still be neccesary but itll be worth it. if you cant do the tophat mod by yourself theres plenty of people on here who can like hondamonster and mushroomtoy. im sure if you throw some numbers around theyll gladly do it for you
    88 lxi:
    shortram, msd blaster 2 coil, lowered 2.5" in the rear 3" in the front, stripped because race car XD