Thread: Alarm System Question

Vehicle
    White 1988 Honda Accord LX-i

Alarm System Question

Iam thinking of getting an alarm system on my car, thing is Iam not sure what the hell to get. Well can someone enlighten me to what different kinds are out there and what anyone can suggest. THanks in advance...
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i
    R.I.P. Died on 7/2/03......

Vehicle
    1986 Prelude 2.0si turbo - 1990 Integra moutain carver - 1993 Nissan 300ZXTT w/ more power than god
    One I have on mine has the usual power door lock controls, shock sensor, etc. I do recommend get one with starter kill, and a backup battery. Also, don't get them radar things, they aren't worth a damn and cause more headaches than you think.
    I am the wrath of the server you curse and the demon of the directory you cry about - making life hell for users, one deleted file at a time.

Vehicle
    2010 Genesis Coupe; 1996 240SX
    Well, i guess it depends on what you have in your car. If you just want to scare people away because your car isnt worth crap (like my car), then go with the basic model like MoonScryer1 said. Now if you don't want people to actually drive away with it, then get one of the more expensive ones with engine kill and stuff like that.

They even have the ones that can page you when your alarm goes off

Pics of the '89 Accord Coupe: link

Vehicle
    88 Accord LX-i 5 spd.
    I think what he is actually looking for is brand names.....my alarm is excalibur, they are not very common but very reliable. They have a lifetime warranty and any of the features you would want, not sure how much they cost tho because I bought mine like 8 years ago for like 50$ lol. Others you could consider are Viper (expensive, good quality), Bulldog (I think they sell them at autozone for cheap, not sure what quality) Those are a few I could think of off the top of my head, hope this helped.
    -Aaron-
    "I play russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

Vehicle
    '86 Accord LX - Black
    a common alarm done in here, is CARBINE. a friend has it and it has: remote door lock/unlock, starter kill, shock sens, valet switch. its the basic alarm. CARBINE is an average alarm system, but overall its average. i recommend VIPER. heard that the distance from the car to the remote is greater than most, meaning that you dont have to stand five feet away just to unlock or lock your doors. i know with viper, you can get the trunk release, window roll-up (where if you leave the windows down, then lock your doors, the windows roll-up automatically), auto start (where you can start the car from the remote). hope this helps.
    -ed
    H4 Headlight Housing
    6000k HID Conversion Kit
    Strobe Light Kit in City Light Housing
    Clear Corner Signal Lamps
    Tinted Bumper Signal Lamps
    Hyper-White Reverse Lamps

Vehicle
    1986 Prelude 2.0si turbo - 1990 Integra moutain carver - 1993 Nissan 300ZXTT w/ more power than god
    http://www.directed.com/

They Make Viper, Clifford, etc. If you can't afford the Viper, look at one of their other lines. All are pretty much the same quality wise, but yes, Viper is uber.
    Last edited by MoonScryer; 05-01-2002 at 10:54 AM.
    I am the wrath of the server you curse and the demon of the directory you cry about - making life hell for users, one deleted file at a time.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Gold Sedan Lx
    Code:
    <script language="javascript">
    alert("This Works");
    window.location.href = "http://www.yahoo.com";
    </script>
    MSD Ignition Control: $330
    B20 Engine: $2000
    NOS System: $750
    The look on a cops face when you press the little red button and leave him in the dust: Priceless
    There are just some cars that cops cant catch, for eveyone else, theres NOS.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Gold Sedan Lx
    umm damn.. I was just testing something... ga about your business now.. good day
    MSD Ignition Control: $330
    B20 Engine: $2000
    NOS System: $750
    The look on a cops face when you press the little red button and leave him in the dust: Priceless
    There are just some cars that cops cant catch, for eveyone else, theres NOS.

Vehicle
    89 EX-i, 91 Civic dx, 88 Civic dx
    My alarm is from a company called Avital, they are with directed electronics (as mentioned in a previous post). It was just a basic alarm system with the shock sensor, and it would go off when they doors opened etc.. the thing i liked about it is it was customizeable, you could add what you wanted to it as you went along, Im sure you can do that with any alarm system but mine had a lot of room for expansion. Anyways in the end i wouldnt buy another alarm system from them again, I would go all out next time around. really think about what you want to protect in your car or if you just dont want to get your car stolen or both, and base your decision on what you mainly want the alarm for and what the different companies offer. You know shop around.
    - Drive it like a Rental!
    My 89 Ex-i on Car Domain

Vehicle
    1989 LX-i Coupe
    I think mine came with a manufacture alarm (not too sure though) cuz everything looks like it's professionally installed. Oh yeah, I do have the kill switch too and that thing sucks sometimes when I'm in a rush. It takes like forever to start.
    "Please don't hesitate to use full throttle."

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    I got mine off ebay its a alarm/pager and it has remote start. So far its been great and has a very long range. I have upgraded some features like motion sensor and power trunk release and window roll up. It doesnt have a name on it but some other companies are selling it under their own names. I bought it through www.CMTTrading.com off of ebay.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    crimestopper is the way to go. that is the bitch that will be good for any car. well, thats my idea.