Thread: largest... not your typical question

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box

largest... not your typical question

ok, as most of you know, i like havin my fun off the beaten path... here's what i want to know... what is the largest tire that will fit on the stock 13 inch steelies? both in width and in height... i plan on getting a set of 15 inch rims for regular use, but i still want the extra rubber up under there... clearance is nice, too

Vehicle
    Previous: '89 Accord LXi hatch, '89 Accord LXi hatch, '86 Prelude Si
    I know a 27" diameter tire will fit since the previous owner successfully ran 70 series tires on my 14" wheels. They were still only 195s though.
    Mike

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    ok, that helps there... now to find someone with a wider tire and i'll be set...

Vehicle
    Previous: '89 Accord LXi hatch, '89 Accord LXi hatch, '86 Prelude Si
    The fenderwells aren't perfect cylinders--being able to use tires that are oversized in diameter OR oversized in width doesn't mean that tires of that width AND diameter will fit. I'd be hesitant to go past 205 unless you're willing to do some bending.
    Mike

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    i'm just looking for the best comprimise between the two

I believe i'll pick these tires
    Last edited by Vanilla Sky; 05-16-2004 at 11:12 AM.

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    damn, i wasnt getting that's what you wanted. i was thinking drag radials. but then i should have payed attention to your inference. anyway, i think the 205 size would biggest to go. hey, so since we're on the topic of tire size, i wanted something nice too. i cant find anything besides drag radials that arent good for road use. i still love my 13s and thats what i need some nice tires for. the biggest practical tire i can find for them are 185 70's, i'd like to go 205. and actually i've seen them on a civic at the junk yard, so i know they make them. kinda off the topic i guess. so you wanna go off roading?
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    88 lxi sdn
    lock er in 4x4

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    actually, i've done it... the car doesn't handle bad stock, i do wish it had more clearance, though... that's part of why the bigger tires are desired

hondaboy... seems that they are phasng out performance tires for 13 inch fittings... i would suggest maybe a set of 14 inch rims from the lxi from a scrapyard... should be cheap enough

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    well, i do have my 14 inch Prelude rims with Yokohama's. those are nice and ride really well, handle good, but they are heavier than the 13's. i put my old school 13's back on today because my Yoko's are getting worn from all the driving i do. i'll let my Radial T/A's get some use. i looked and they have 195 60 R13's in the T/A's. must be special order because when i got tires last they said they didnt see that size. i may be looking to replace my prelude rims.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    unfortunatly i don't think you can go past 195 in width on 13" rims. since you have 13" rims, you can look for 195/70 R13, but if i was you i would just go ahead and her 14" alloy honda wheels. they weigh 30lb with tire and you can slap 195 sticky tire on it and you will be set to go.
    Alex.