Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official 3G convertable progress thread

Vehicle
    88 accord lx (for show) / 87 accord lx (for go)

Official 3G convertable progress thread

since I have 2 threads that seem to have merged into the convertable, I'm gonna simplify and just have this one thread to post the pics and progress...this is the most fun I've had in a long time, and one day, ghetto and johnny you guys are gonna see it all done up.
    *** If your not willing to spend the energy to get what you want, at least spend the energy dealing with what you have ***

Vehicle

*** If your not willing to spend the energy to get what you want, at least spend the energy dealing with what you have ***

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    interesting... how much has the body shifted with the roof beams removed? It may take a while to sag...
    - llia

Vehicle
    none yet, and I've been standing in the thing grinding away, this weekend we should have a cage welded into it to hold her up

Vehicle
    03 Accord V6, 98 and 99 Odyssey, 99 Blazer
    None yet? From that one pic it looks like the passenger side front end is sagging bad.

Vehicle
    LOL, both of the passenger tires are flat...getting some from my parents house today

Vehicle
    Ok, I went to town on the old car tonight...these are the pics muahahaha

This is me with one grinder (on top) and my buddy brandon....................

a little tired

brandon grindin away

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-I
    i know its a spare man but dont tourtue her like that =(
    RIP: 1988 Accord LX-i
    My Car Domain Site http://www.cardomain.com/id/sharkyx

Current 1988 LX
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73596

Vehicle
    we're not just running at it with grinders like a fat kit on a cupcake here, We,ve got the whole body schematic and we are taking our time to do it right. We've got all the tools that we need to do a good job. I want you all to rest assured that I am not torturing her, I'm giving her a facelift and some liposuction. And it's not a spare...this is the reason that I wanted to buy her... better than watching her sit and collect mold because she runs like shit. The only way that I would put time into making this car run good is if it was worth it....soon it will be. Yall should be excited, someone on this board is making a drastic change to their car and you get to watch the whole process as it happens.

Vehicle
    86 EXi(sold), 89 SE-i auto, 89 SE-i 5spd
    Way awesome. There's this busted up 3G just down the road from me. Me and my mechanically inclined friend were going to pick it up and make it a convertable (after we swap the 5-spd to my ride). Make sure to keep this thread updated.
    Perfection is simply a matter of replacing parts.

Vehicle
    '88 Acura Integra RS
    interesting... ( is this the future of ?)

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket
    i wouldn't call a 3g convertable rice...more of an art or a really cool project.
    3geez for life.

Vehicle
    ok, all the cutting is done except for a little grinding of the edges and small spots so it's all even for the cage... all that is left is welding the pipe in and cleaning up all the glass and other various crap in the car and she is on the road.....kinda, she can drive on the road but runs like crap. this weekend I'm having a couple of friends come over for a barbecue and after their bellies are full, we're gonna do some small engine work so she runs well again. I'll pull her out of the garage tonight and take some better pics...it's so close, I'm getting shakey. if you guys have any sugestions on where to place the bars for the best support, or anything else that I might need to do, I'm all ears

Vehicle
    93 civic
    sweet..looks quite interesting though..im sure its alot of fun to learn. Wish i had a spare to do crazy things like this. i've seen a few convertible hondas in my life and they don't look right...hahha.

Vehicle
    2003 Honda Element EX - its orange! =c)

Cool

[QUOTE=cvergi01]we're not just running at it with grinders like a fat kit on a cupcake QUOTE]

mmmmm, cupcakes...

uh, anyway, this is pretty cool i must admit.. hopefully is comes out looking cool.. i think the next step is to make batman style rear fins out of sheet metal and weld em on, smooth bondo, find a good body kit and paint it all black, haha.. now THAT would be awesome

i mean hey, if that one dude could convert his Del Sol into an A-Wing you can make a 3g into the bat mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile
    throwing your soap is one thing but some states allow the death penalaty for messing with a mans sandwhich

Vehicle
    hmmmm, the BATMOBILE, that's perfect lol, so yesterday, I had a whole bunch of people over and most of em helped with the car...still need the cage but the hoods painted with...yeah I know....flames, I drove it around and that was the most fun I've ever had. I have pics but the damn library comp won't let me save them to upload onto imagestation. If I can get the cage in by next weekend and the engine running a little better, I might take it up to the vancouver meet. The car's uglier than my good one, but, it's a damn convertable....I think that overules any ugliness....mabye

Vehicle
    Painted hood

Cutting the lines for the flames...One of my buddies that helped work on the car wanted to, I figured he had enough time into it that he deserved something

Painted

Final Product (looks ok in the light..damn camera phone) I swear

Just a pic of my house and yes, it does tilt that much

Vehicle
    1985 Toyota Celica GT, 86 accord lx-i, 89 supra turbo
    that looks pretty cool
    1985 toyota celica 3sgte project
    1989 toyota supra turbo
    1986 honda accord 4dr lx-i

Vehicle
    ::waits for the sad horny bastards to comment on the chick bending over the pool table:: lol
    throwing your soap is one thing but some states allow the death penalaty for messing with a mans sandwhich

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 accord lx carbed
    whoa sick do you have the top picked out or are you building it from scratch? this is one of those thing where iether you just ruind the car or you just built a one of kind legend.in order for it to be the latter youll need to dump about another ten to fifteen grand into it. completely custumizing it from the wheels up.im encouraging you by all means but i want you to be realistic so get ready to dump some sierious cash on the table if you think you got skills that thing could pull some awards if done up right. so impress us man. ide like to see you kick some ass on this thing.props and good luck.
    "i dont have friends anymore and my favorite hangout is the junkyard but damn it runs good"..... by me. "i know i have not gotten laid in a while but trust me the blisters on my hands are from working on my car"...........by me.

Vehicle
    I love you pixiesfan, I'm thinking since I've got a bunch of fiberglass, I'm gonna make the roof and whatever else I need to out of that until I can think of something better, but it might be good enough if I can do it right.

Vehicle
    make a top out of coke cans.. itll matck the coffee can sticking out of the hood

Vehicle
    if you guys can supply the cans, I'll do it, take a pic, undo it and put the fiberglass back on . So we're in crunch mode now...the vancouver meet is on saturday, and I've got a few things I need to do before I can take it up there. I've got to work on it every day after work until I have nothing left in me, but I think it can be done. The 2 worst probs - 1) leaks oil (not much). 2) weak power (even after the vacuum line removal)

Vehicle

Is this too much flames looks pretty ghetto if you ask me. there is me on top, brandon on left and jeff (roomate) on right. One of my friends is a pro painter and I gave him 2 bmw seats to paint my car so, what color/colors should I paint it?

Vehicle
    1986 Accord LX-i *** 2002 Mustang GT
    Quote Originally Posted by cvergi01

Is this too much flames looks pretty ghetto if you ask me. there is me on top, brandon on left and jeff (roomate) on right. One of my friends is a pro painter and I gave him 2 bmw seats to paint my car so, what color/colors should I paint it?

i like the outside of the flame more than the middle part. personnaly i dont think a car should have flames at all on it tell it runs a 12 or lower in the 1/4 IMO looks good but like i said, the middle flames are too small and too close together, needs to be more like ouside flames. and more realistic i guess it the word.
    "Seriously, I have a half o' pack of Rolaids in my dipper" -Stewie (Family Guy)

Car Pics
    vBGarage