Thread: Projecto Hondo=%50

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 LX-i, 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Projecto Hondo=%100

the transmission swap of my 89 lxi coupe, has officially reached the half way point, today (day 3) we finally got the old transmission off, anyway me and my buddy are feelin pretty good about it right now, because we actually managed to get it out. we lost one cv, and a shifter cable (which is unfortunate mistake) hopefully the local kragen will have the shifter cable, and then we will start reassembly. i hope the second half isnt as hard as i think it will be.
    Last edited by Bigmaxxin; 06-23-2004 at 08:27 PM.

Vehicle
    88 accord lx (for show) / 87 accord lx (for go)
    how many jacks are you using, try to use one under the tranny to hold it up while you put it in
    *** If your not willing to spend the energy to get what you want, at least spend the energy dealing with what you have ***

DX User
    Vehicle
    well how we pulled it out, was we pulled the entire engine, we just replaced the valve covergasket and the oil pan gasket, cleaned the motor, bolted up the new tranny (the new tranny is a 87, the torque converter is a 88, and the engine is a 89, so i need somethin from a 86) but the motor is getting ready to go back in, we also got a cai, a fairly large muffler, and we are getting new shocks, and springs, it will also be lowering the car about 2 inches. unfortunaltey i am going to have to roll on the old wheels, which i will get a picture of when it is done. We are hoping to finish getting everything back in by tuesday, depending on how long the shocks take. but its been expensive so far here is a short list,
    new cv's
    new ps pump
    new manifold gaskets, valve cover gaskets, and oil pan.
    new tranny+torque converter
    new dist. cap and rotor, plugs, and wires.
    and other misc. stuff, hopefully it will run a hell of a lot better and get better gas mileage (used to only get 200 to a tank) and a lot better then my jeep (which gets 14mpg). but i couldnt have done it without all the help on this board. thanx, and i will get pics up when it is done.

DX User
    Vehicle
    yay, its done, just some little things still need to be knocked out, ill get some pics up soon, thanx for the hep guys, and also the how-to's.