Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My ride

Vehicle
    89 Honda accord se_i

Talking My ride

what ya think?
    Last edited by Accord7SE_i; 11-30-2002 at 03:51 PM.
    I got the need,The need for speed!!!

89' accord se-i
    -------------------
    mods: HEHE NOT TELLING!!!!

Vehicle
    85 Suburban, 86 Accord EX-i, 89 Accord SE-i, 90 Accord EX-R,
    There's no pic.
    www.b20accord.com

Vehicle
    87 Accord (RIP), 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    nice

i dont see a pic
    - Joe

SEi User
    Vehicle
    81 HB LX, 84 HB S, 89 LX-i Coupe
    Nice Hayne's manual cover... You've kept it really clean.

Vehicle
    89 Honda accord se_i

fixed

I got the need,The need for speed!!!

89' accord se-i
    -------------------
    mods: HEHE NOT TELLING!!!!

Vehicle
    ok man, i got them all fixed. looks pretty good.
    - Joe

Vehicle
    '92 Toyota Paseo
    Where's all the leather? Did you just redo everything in carpet? It looks nice... me wantee!

Vehicle
    2005 Civic LX Coupe
    Originally posted by 87DXHatch
    Where's all the leather? Did you just redo everything in carpet? It looks nice... me wantee!
    Oh, there is still some remaining leather on the center armrest and the doors. I can see why he made the switch to cloth. Have you ever sat on a hot leather seat in summer? Well, in Arizona just multiply that feeling by 100 fold. It looks great. Clean and simple.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 4dr Lx-i
    Clean ride man, my friend's got an Se-i w/ the same color scheme (w/ leather though), but your's is definately in better shape. What mods you got in store for that beauty?
    3geez Member Since August 11, 2001 (since before the server swap in May 02)

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 SEi Coupe
    Nice! Looks almost exactly like mine except what is that wind deflector thing on the roof? Did you have a sunroof put in? And where'd you get those black rubber things in the door gaps?

Vehicle
    2005 Civic LX Coupe
    Originally posted by Asturias
    Did you have a sunroof put in?
    The moonroof was standard equipment in the SEi. Along with leather interior, 4 wheel disc brakes, and a Bose stereo system.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    Looks mad tight. Are the door panels from another Accord?? Or did you have the leather replaced? I would get horn covers for your front bumper YESTERDAY!! Water getting in those holes will cause rust with the quickness. I believe you can use 2 or 4 door ones from the 88 and 89's.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by Bobs89LXi

The moonroof was standard equipment in the SEi. Along with leather interior, 4 wheel disc brakes, and a Bose stereo system.
    Once again... the Se-i coupes did not come with moonroofs or power door locks from the factory. Ever. Look at his dash; no switch is there. The dealer prolly had one put in and added some profit for themselves. The 4 doors did have the moonroof (like the lx-i's)

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX-i coupe, Monterey Green Metalic
    Man, your car is nice! The only thing I would do is clean up the engine! It would actually look really nice if you use a safe engine cleaner and armor all the plastic and rubber parts!
    The 1989 Honda Accord - "Take a grip of steering"

Vehicle
    2005 Civic LX Coupe
    Originally posted by offthahook

Once again... the Se-i coupes did not come with moonroofs or power door locks from the factory. Ever. Look at his dash; no switch is there. The dealer prolly had one put in and added some profit for themselves. The 4 doors did have the moonroof (like the lx-i's)
    I am sorry, but I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you. I looked at the SEi's new, in the dealer showroom, coupes inclusive, and those items WERE standard. On the window sticker of the coupes I test drove, it listed moonroof as STD, and that doesn't mean sexually transmitted disease. They were standard on the SEi, regardless of whether it be a coupe or a sedan.

Vehicle
    keep in mind bob's the only one old enough here to actually remember this stuff :p
    - Joe

Vehicle
    2006 Mazda 6 S
    by the looks of the garage I am assuming you guys just moved in??? just a guess
    I'm just like any other member on this board.......

SEi User
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by Bobs89LXi

I am sorry, but I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you. I looked at the SEi's new, in the dealer showroom, coupes inclusive, and those items WERE standard. On the window sticker of the coupes I test drove, it listed moonroof as STD, and that doesn't mean sexually transmitted disease. They were standard on the SEi, regardless of whether it be a coupe or a sedan.
    Fair enough, but I still am sticking to mu story. I owned a 89 Brittany Blue Accord se-i COUPE; it had no moonroof. I worked at Honda in 91. People there were so happy that the 90 EX coupe finally gave a moonroof in the 4G. Honda does not mess around with options much. We all know back in 89, the only factory option was the trans. type in the Accord. Why would my se-i NOT have the roof, but other coupes would??? To this day, you cannot order a Honda with a moonroof that does not come standard with a moonroof. I'm 31, so I sorta remember the new 3g's.

Final question-- where is my man's moonroof switch??? They were on the dash to the left of the mirror adjuster. We'll get this figured out, no biggie. We're all honda nuts, so let's find out. I know the dealer I worked at added moonroofs to some cars and told the customer they were standard...

2 door se-i illustration Look at #10-- cover.

4 door lx-i illustration
    Look at #7-- switch
    Last edited by offthahook; 07-21-2002 at 11:01 PM.

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 SE-i Coupe
    Sorry Bob , but I have to agree with offthahook, NO coupes had factory sunroofs OR power door locks in '89. Not even the SE-i's. I bought an LX-i new in 89 and I remember asking about the sunroof and it was not available. I know the dealers put a lot of them in before they put them on the lot. That is the case with my SE-i I have now.
    89 Accord SE-i Coupe
    89 Accord LX-i Coupe

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 SEi Coupe
    Sadly, I am also old enough to remember the SEi coupe brand new as I owned almost the exact same car that I have now from 1989-1992. When my mom and I went down to buy it (yes, I was a spoiled teenager back then), she asked the sales guy two questions: Why no power locks and why no moonroof? His replies: "You don't need power locks because the car is narrow enough to lean over and reach the passenger lock" and "There is no moonroof because we (I love the way he acts like he was involved in product design) didn't want it to compete with the Prelude."

But don't take my word for it...check out the original brochure information:

http://www.89accord.com/seipage6.jpg
    Last edited by Asturias; 07-22-2002 at 03:53 AM.

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 Accord Coupe
    I bought my coupe in '89 as well and I remember that no coupes came with factory installed moonroofs, including the SE-i's. I did see some coupes which had dealer installed moonroofs which used the genuine Honda switch found on the sedans. Because of that, they looked good-like a factory install.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by 89AccordCpe
    I bought my coupe in '89 as well and I remember that no coupes came with factory installed moonroofs, including the SE-i's. I did see some coupes which had dealer installed moonroofs which used the genuine Honda switch found on the sedans. Because of that, they looked good-like a factory install.
    Man, I wish my 89 lx-i coupe used the factory switch; that would be cool. They just mounted the switch on the roof, near the rear view mirror. I know they had to run wires, so they shoulda just used a honda dash switch. Oh well. AM moonroofs are not a good thing and I think dealers have now realized this and many don't do them anymore. In the day, when Hondas were hard to get ahold of, they added more stuff and just jacked up the price. Thus, moonroofs were added to cars that didn't have them standard. When I was in college at Purdue, this girl went to look at a new 91 EX. The dealer had so much add on that he wanted like 22, 000 for it. IN 1991!!! WTF??? It had everything, but I know they could get that kinda $$$ for them. And our cars were even harder to get, esp. the coupes. I wish mine didn't have teh add on moonroof. I use it and it is a decent install, but taking that bad boy thru the car wash, you can hear the metal roof clang when you go under the turbo dryers cuz half the roof has been cut out!! That has to compromise the structure somehow. It used to leak, but the guy who replaced the headliner adjusted it and now it is much quieter (no whistling) and it is dry. He said he doesn't do any cutting on metal anymore because of the hack jobs they turned into and the cars just are not designed right unless the factory puts the roof in. It was damn hard to find someone to even do the headliner because it had the AM roof, and the headliners always fail after time. All you guys with added on moonroofs, just tale care of them or they will cause you headaches. And the headliners always fail.

Cliff Notes-- Damnit, Honda, why were power moonroofs standard in 86 FI 4 doors, but not in coupes til 90??? Even the 85 4 door se-i sported the roof...

LX User
    fuck the moonroof, i HATE manual locks, they are the biggest pain in the ass...
    Aka mugenaccord from the ole ole ole board
    Pheonix Red CA6 -- Sold
    Grey ED6 -- current project

Vehicle
    2005 Civic LX Coupe
    I am willing to admit when I am incorrect. However, I am going by what I saw. There is a distinct possibility that the dealer was "fudging" the stickers. I wouldn't put it past them. Anyway, lets just say that we have a disagreement there. You could have called me a senile old fart (which isn't far from the truth :p), but you remained civil. I appreciate that.

Vehicle
    86 Accord Exi
    dude is that pic old or something cuz i dont see an intake or header.........
    86 Electron Blue Accord Exi
    3geez Member since October 31st 2001