Thread: accelerator pump modification?

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 accord lx carbed

accelerator pump modification?

i know a20a1 played around with this idea.has anyone tryed to mod the accelerator pump to put out more fuel.i also know you can use a stronger return spring to help get the fuel sucked into the diaphragm faster. can the ports be drilled larger? or are there any other options for moding the keihn carb accelerator pump? i dont have the deniro for a weber carb so ide like to see if i can get this thing to run the best it can for now. any new stock carb mod ideas lurking around out there? im a glutton for cheap mods
    "i dont have friends anymore and my favorite hangout is the junkyard but damn it runs good"..... by me. "i know i have not gotten laid in a while but trust me the blisters on my hands are from working on my car"...........by me.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    plug the bleed channel for the accel pump, it's in the top hat.
    The info is in my "more wild keihin mods" at the top of the carb tech forum.
    - llia

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    i tired to play with it when i had my old car. and i didn't like the results. i ended up redrilling the jets and adding another spacer.
    Alex.

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 accord lx carbed
    a20a1 im kinda dumb a pic would great where is the bleed channel what is its purpose and what benifit will i get from pluging it?ive gone through the keihn mods thread tons of times but never really got any usefull ideas i have no intintion of drilling jets or anything that could screw up the carb.thanks as always guys.
    "i dont have friends anymore and my favorite hangout is the junkyard but damn it runs good"..... by me. "i know i have not gotten laid in a while but trust me the blisters on my hands are from working on my car"...........by me.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiesfan78
    a20a1 im kinda dumb a pic would great where is the bleed channel what is its purpose and what benifit will i get from pluging it?ive gone through the keihn mods thread tons of times but never really got any usefull ideas i have no intintion of drilling jets or anything that could screw up the carb.thanks as always guys.
    This should add a little more squirt to the accel pump...

You can see the black metal putty filler I used to block the passage on the underside of the carb top hat... look on the far left of the pic at the O== shaped area, that is the bleed for the accel pump...

I had thought that the bleed channel might be used to relieve the pressure difference back to the diaphragm so that fuel can enter but when I tested the pump with water the pump still worked fine...
    - llia

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    I never tried this on a running engine... though this modification is easy to Undo...
    blocking off that channel may cause syphoning of the fuel from the pump diaphragm... but I could be over thinking the whole thing.
    - llia