Thread: F--ing skipping tape deck

LXi User
    Vehicle
    05 Legacy GT 87/accord/lx (rip)

F--ing skipping tape deck

So... I'm sill using the stock cassette deck. I use an adapter to play my cd player. But I have a constant problem of the deck thinking that my adapter cassette is at the end, and tries to reverse the direction/side. But the damn thing just keeps reversing itself and keeps skipping while the audio goes in and out...

This is my third cassette adapter, all three were different brands. I used some deck cleaner (alcohol kit thing) about 6 months ago, but it still does it.

Should I just consider a new deck, or is there an easy solution?

PS. sorry if this has been discussed before, I did try using search....

Vehicle
    1986 honda accord lx (r.i.p) 1990 acura legend LS
    you have the radio that say's high power system.
    the problem is it need's lubrication. . .
    use so wd-40 and get a tape you don't want, then let it play for awhile, then reverse it and so fourth . . . .
    WAIT!? . . . . when you go to put the tape in does it go down slowly??

LXi User
    Vehicle
    Well, it doesn't exactly dive down into the deck.... maybe 2-3 sec to get inside. So should I do the wd-40 thing?

Vehicle
    yep or just get a tape deck, if it does'nt work.
    cause it'll get slower and slower and it'll quit working, their's only one mother that control's the pull down, but a soleniod control's the eject.
    you can get a pioneer cd player for about 100 and some change . . . . . .

LXi User
    Vehicle
    Ok, Ill try to lubricate it. If not I guess Ill have a look on ebay for 4600mp or something. Thanks for the help

Vehicle
    1989 LXi Coupe (SOLD), 1998 Accord EX
    Tape deck? They still make those?
    Thinking about getting a new 3g...

Vehicle
    you can't get a pioneer cd reciver for $100, pioneer's a good brand, it's in my dad 240, my moms sable, was one in my 3g . . . . .

LXi User
    Vehicle
    1987 Accord LX-i hatchy
    you CAN get a pioneer cd player for $100 and even less. My cd player Kenwood 50Wx4 with detachable face and remote control cost me $65, my friends cd player Pioneer 50Wx4 ith detachable face and remote cost hit $60, my other friends cd player exactly like mine cost him $70......Just don't buy retails, thats all....I would say go for another cd deck, those tape decks suck ass
    check your reaction HERE
    find 3 differences HERE

LXi User
    Vehicle
    Yeah, I think I'll have to finally put down the dough. I just put in new speakers: 652i's in the back, and cheapo pioneers in the front and my car has never sounded so sweet. I could get it for less than $100, but I want it mp3 capable, so the cheapest price is $140 shipped for 460mp on ebay.

Vehicle
    hmm have fun!

LXi User
    Vehicle
    Just got p560mp! And I will be putting it in just about...... now....

I'm finnaly getting a dig cam in a few days, so Ill post pics of the deck and a few other stuff I did to my dying girl later this week... promise

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i (done for) 88 crx si 91 bmw, 93 lexus es300 project88dx accord
    i bought a brand new jvc cd player for 100 bucks u need a new deck bro lol and i used to use that tape thing before, mine would eject it because of the cord coming out of the back of it i had to fidle with it till it started playing it

LXi User
    Vehicle
    Yea man, if you had read the whole thread you would have seen that I just got a new deck... Which btw isn't in yet because of the stupid stock antenna connection. I'm going to have to solder my own cable onto the metal joint thing to connect it to a new deck.... I've yet to do anything to this car without encountering some kind of unexpected obstacle... <sigh>

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i (done for) 88 crx si 91 bmw, 93 lexus es300 project88dx accord
    Quote Originally Posted by keruhas184
    Yea man, if you had read the whole thread you would have seen that I just got a new deck... Which btw isn't in yet because of the stupid stock antenna connection. I'm going to have to solder my own cable onto the metal joint thing to connect it to a new deck.... I've yet to do anything to this car without encountering some kind of unexpected obstacle... <sigh>
    well sorry!!!!!!!!!!!! but once i read the first post its all over hahaha u will hear my 2 cents ahaha

glad u got a new deck though i cant stand facken tapes imagine if our computers had tape slots that would be kinda cool ahhaha but bah i hate tapes

LXi User
    Vehicle
    Yep, it was quite a fulfilling experience to trow that antique radio into the dumpster. I think I even saved a few pounds - that thing was a bit havier than my new Pioneer. I learned another thing - Honda also makes radios - it says "Honda" and "made in Japan" all over the place; and the damn thing still worked being 17 years old! Them Japs know how to make their stuff

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i Hatch
    And just imagine, if they could REALLY build them, it would probably outlast your car. haha I have the same problem with my deck and i need to buy a new one. i usually just fiddle with the tape with my hand.. almost got my hand stuck the other day...

Vehicle
    actully it was alpine.
    but glad ya went with a pioneer, wicth model di dyou get?
    ****** 1994 nissan maxima SE ******

Vehicle
    87 Accord (RIP), 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Quote Originally Posted by blazin3gen

glad u got a new deck though i cant stand facken tapes imagine if our computers had tape slots that would be kinda cool ahhaha but bah i hate tapes
    lol I remember in grade school and even high school I used to religiously make cassete tapes and play them in my car and Walkman. It was pathetic how I used to listen to the radio all day and hit the record button real fast when a song I liked came on. Computers and file sharing seem to take all the fun and hard work out of getting new music.
    - Joe

Vehicle
    2010 Ford Taurus SEL, 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
    HAHA I remember 8 tracks, reel to rells, and LP's. I used to just record a bunch of 12" remix's onto a cassette. I think I may still have some 8 tracks somewhere, I just don't have anything to play them on

Vehicle
    87 Accord (RIP), 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Yeah, I would dig up some of my old radio tapes because there was come cool shit on them. But I dont think I have a cassete player anymore. All I know is, to this day I HATE when radio dj's talk throughout the entire intro of a song and don't shut up til the singing starts. It just ruined the entire song for me when I was recording it.
    - Joe

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX (R.I.P.)
    cool, thats good that u finally got a cd player in ur car, i still need to get one, currently savin up for speakers in the back

Quote Originally Posted by blazin3gen
    well sorry!!!!!!!!!!!! but once i read the first post its all over hahaha u will hear my 2 cents ahaha

they do make tape decks for computers, so u can put ur mp3's on tapes (its true, i seen it in some computer geek magazine)