Thread: ok, my whole suspension is going to be looked at

Vehicle
    2006 Mazda 6 S

ok, my whole suspension is going to be looked at

well last summer I had new front tires put on because my other ones worn on the inside of the tires. I had an alignment and have checked my left tire periodically as i will leave my car, and the tread wear is fine.. Well today I finally noticed my right side.. THE FUCKING INSIDE OF THE TIRE IS ALMOST BALD!!!!.. so when I get the money, I am going to go through the entire front suspension and fix this shit..

just a quick question could a weak spring or strut cause this?? just throwing this out there to see if it's an excuse to buy new springs and struts lol
    I'm just like any other member on this board.......

Vehicle
    85 Suburban, 86 Accord EX-i, 89 Accord SE-i, 90 Accord EX-R,
    If your spring was broken, then it would cause one side of the car to drop low enough to cause camber problems. But you would definelty notice the uneven height. I guess it could be a bunch of things. Maybe upgrade everything to nice aftermarket performance stuff "just to be safe"??? LOL
    www.b20accord.com

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX-i
    upgrade to the popular H&R Springs and Koni Struts. H&Rs give a lowered stance yet still make the car high enough to encounter daily driving.
    '88 LX-i Coupe --- LS/Vtec
    '08 Accord EX-L 6-6 --- Daily Duty

LXi User
    Vehicle
    89 Accord LX Coupe
    i had a broken spring and i didnt notice a drop in height...just the clunking as it pushed against eachend...

Arent they supposed to adjust camber when doing alignements?????

i know they did mine on my old car...but then tried selling me on doing a hole lot of work to it because there was so much wrong with it.,,,,funny how it was safety inspected a few days prior..

bring it to a good shop that will tell you what the probkem is instead of creating more problems for you later,,
    89 Accord 2dr Coupe..not a hatchback!...5speed..sunroof..spoiler..custom carb intake..custom exhaust..hood scoop....312000km

DX User
    Vehicle
    92 civic hatch, 90 miata
    yo i think your problem may have less to do with camber and more to do with toe. if you experience accelerated wear on the innermost edge of your tire it is not due strictly to camber but rather an aggressive toe setting if do to camber it will more likely spread evenly among the inside half of your tire, do not assume for a minute that raising it back up would even prevent your problem, you still experience accelerated tire wear even with no camber however it will just be evenly distributed across your entire tire tread, i suggest you find a new alignment shop and have them print out the finnished product i would ask for 1/8" total toe in in front and zero toe in rear(assuming you don't have big rear sway bar) i think with that setting you'll find fairly decent tire wear up to about 2.3-3 degrees of negative camber, i know my one car was doing fine at 2 degrees

Brian

Vehicle
    88 Hybrid Accord LX-i
    Originally posted by Dutchboy

Arent they supposed to adjust camber when doing alignements?????

No, not in our cars. We do not have adjustable upper control arms like preludes do.
    Preludes do include camber corections when alignments take place.
    This is the only way camber can be adjusted.

Marc,
    Check your outer and inner tie rod joints, this could be one of the problems combined.
    http://vtecnos.tripod.com

Member Since 7-9-01