Thread: F#CK the flowmaster.

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord DX Hatchback

F#CK the flowmaster.

:puke: on the flowmaster. I have decided against installing it on my accord. I want something that will look more natural but have a nice low mid loud rumble. Give any and all suggestions as to what will best benifit my ride. Pics would help too. I know I know this shit is always talked about,...bare with me.

hatchback
    86 accord dx wrecked

Vehicle
    85 Suburban, 86 Accord EX-i, 89 Accord SE-i, 90 Accord EX-R,
    Why don't you like the flowmaster?? The 50 series with deltaflow will give you that low rumble. The 88 with 2.25 piping sounds low with medium noise levels while the 86 with 2.25 piping, DC headers, and intake has the same low tone but is a bit more louder.
    www.b20accord.com

Vehicle
    Originally posted by YK86
    Why don't you like the flowmaster?? The 50 series with deltaflow will give you that low rumble. The 88 with 2.25 piping sounds low with medium noise levels while the 86 with 2.25 piping, DC headers, and intake has the same low tone but is a bit more louder.
    Well I have a 40 series and I just don't like the look. like I said, I am kind of looking for something that looks more "natur - al" Not all huge and shit stuffed under there. Also I don't even think it will fit right being as it is a center inlet and center outlet.
    86 accord dx wrecked

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    I saw an application chart that said the accords use the 60 series??? oh well.

So what do you want then... stock muffler look, or just a small muffler?
    - llia

Vehicle
    Originally posted by A20A1
    I saw an application chart that said the accords use the 60 series??? oh well.

So what do you want then... stock muffler look, or just a small muffler?

Well...see I don't mind a bigger muffler than stock or a stock looking muffler I just want something more "hondaish?" flowmaster just reminds me of a muscle car. Any suggestions?
    86 accord dx wrecked

LX User
    Vehicle
    91 Jetta

go buy a dtm style muffler like this , they look cool on our cars

I have a Hooker Aero chamber and dual tip setup I like it. It's louder than the pacesetter at low RPMs to about 3k and then after that it's about the same volume as the pacesetter.
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

Vehicle
    They recommend 60 series but I think 50 series is just fine (in Canada, it costs double the 50 series to get it in). I got the proper positioning for the inlet and outlet so no install problems. But it is a bit bigger than stock.
    www.b20accord.com

LX User
    Vehicle
    1/2 JDM B18A DOHC CARB

there is nothing wrong with flow

I like flowmaster, I have the 50 series with deltaflow and it gives the most amazing sound at full throttle not some annoying buzzing found on most of these aftermarket mufflers. But hey, sorry it wasn't your cup of tea.

It is bigger than the stock mufflre but for me at least it doesn't look like it is just "stuffed under there"

I was going to get the 60 series but was told the inlet on it is center where for the 40 and 50 series the inlet is off center and easier to mount on i guess.

Also the series for flowmaster as i was told goes by the sound they produce 40(lowest), 50(high), and 60(highest)
    Carl

Vehicle
    86 Accord Exi
    yeah it looks fine on Yasu's car! pretty natural and sounds pretty good, u might go for Hks, Greddy, a 5zigen fireball?! they produce good sound but are often more expensive but it depends which model u go for for that natural look :pimp:
    86 Electron Blue Accord Exi
    3geez Member since October 31st 2001

Vehicle
    You can get different inlet/outlet positions in any series Flowmaster. The 40 series is a two chamber meaning obnoxiously loud (only sounds good in American muscle), the 50 series is a three chamber with much better tone for our cars and not too much resonance, while I'm not too sure how the 60 series are. What I had on before was a regular resonator in place of the muffler (only $20) with a polished 3" tip. Sounded nice and low and doesn't wear out like glasspacks.
    www.b20accord.com

Vehicle
    1989 corolla all-trac wagon
    i've got the 60 series on my car w/ 2.25" piping. i really like the sound. if it'd help, i could make a wav file of it...
    3geez member since January 28, 2001

Vehicle
    1989 SE-I
    How about Magnaflow...

3geez member since October 2000
    [email protected]

1991 Accord Wagon 5spd - JDM Ste-lo

1988starter
    Go with a Dynomax superturbo muffler I have mine attached to 2.25 mandrel a highflow cat then 4-2-1 header it soulds nice and loud when accelerating then quiets down nice when I am just crusing.

heres my muffler. its a naxos

Vehicle
    88 Accord LX-i 5 spd.
    Ya beat me to it Vega I would suggest the magnaflow also jdub, go to their site and read up on em. www.magnaflow.com. Thing is most of their mufflers are a straight through design, this makes for more horse and torque. Their mufflers are also designed a sound dampening material, rather than other designs. Another good thing about these mufflers is that they have minimal backpressure. When I get an exhaust setup magnaflow is what I am going with. Peace
    -Aaron-
    "I play russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

Vehicle
    DAMN thanks for all the replies! I'll research all your suggestions, I do like the dynomax look a lot. I'll keep ya'll posted!
    hatchback
    86 accord dx wrecked