Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 75

Thread: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

  1. #26

    bullard123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Vehicle
    1988 Hatch LXI
    Location
    COLORADO SPRINGS
    Posts
    2,937

    Re: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by roodoo2 View Post
    yep , that absolutley makes sense....
    I found several at the JY today, I thought I took everything I needed to get Lude upper arms and the shaft, EXCEPT the dam axle nut socket. I was PO. it is a long ride to the yard!
    If you get a reman halfshaft for a 3 gen prelude or 1gen integra, does it not come with that long spline? Can it be used just like it is on this Accord?
    Nope they don't sell the intermediate shaft at any part stores. I went looking for one yesterday



  2. #27

    2oodoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A
    Location
    Georgia-lina
    Posts
    9,061

    Re: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by bullard123 View Post
    Nope they don't sell the intermediate shaft at any part stores. I went looking for one yesterday
    am I speaking some sort of foreign language? I never said intermediate shaft I said halfshaft, in other words the reman shaft with the two cv joints on it.
    If you have even read any of this thread you would already know you do not buy interemediate shafts at parts houses.

    I think that misunderstood and mistaken terminology is one of the biggest headaches of this particular swap.

  3. #28

    2oodoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A
    Location
    Georgia-lina
    Posts
    9,061

    Re: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

    Why did'nt you place these side by side in the same direction they were, it would be a lot better for us to tell the difference..

  4. #29

    bullard123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Vehicle
    1988 Hatch LXI
    Location
    COLORADO SPRINGS
    Posts
    2,937

    Re: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by roodoo2 View Post
    am I speaking some sort of foreign language? I never said intermediate shaft I said halfshaft, in other words the reman shaft with the two cv joints on it.
    If you have even read any of this thread you would already know you do not buy interemediate shafts at parts houses.

    I think that misunderstood and mistaken terminology is one of the biggest headaches of this particular swap.
    Hey its all good man don't get bent all outta shape. Yeah I misunderstood you but that was my fault. I call them diver's side axles or passenger side axles

  5. #30

    2oodoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A
    Location
    Georgia-lina
    Posts
    9,061

    Re: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

    Im not bent,, lol,, sorry man. I have been banging my head over all of these b20 threads anyway.

  6. #31

    2oodoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A
    Location
    Georgia-lina
    Posts
    9,061

    Re: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

    regarding that picture of yours, it looks like the prelude axle is very close to a direct fit, why don't they? spline count on the hub side?
    If you would take a picture of them with both on hub side out, we could see how they look.
    I heard they pop out, like an inch or so different in length or something, maybe Carotman will come soon and reitterate.. lol

  7. #32

    bullard123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Vehicle
    1988 Hatch LXI
    Location
    COLORADO SPRINGS
    Posts
    2,937

    Re: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by roodoo2 View Post
    regarding that picture of yours, it looks like the prelude axle is very close to a direct fit, why don't they? spline count on the hub side?
    If you would take a picture of them with both on hub side out, we could see how they look.
    I heard they pop out, like an inch or so different in length or something, maybe Carotman will come soon and reitterate.. lol
    Yes they look close. I'll take another pic of them soon. And yes Im gonna try to install the whole axle with the intermediate shaft to see if it fits

  8. #33

    bullard123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Vehicle
    1988 Hatch LXI
    Location
    COLORADO SPRINGS
    Posts
    2,937

    Re: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

    The two are really close but like Caotman said the splines on the prelude axle are slightly longer. Accord axle is at the top



  9. #34

    carotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    Location
    Montreal South Shore
    Posts
    9,984

    Re: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

    As you can see, the prelude axle is a bit shorter. It could work but I didn't want to take any chances.

    The Accord axle will not go all the way in because the splines are only on half it's length. That's why I said you have to use the prelude inner joint with the Accord axle.

    http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

    I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

  10. #35

    bullard123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Vehicle
    1988 Hatch LXI
    Location
    COLORADO SPRINGS
    Posts
    2,937

    Re: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

    I found out also that my A20 exhaust has 2 holes for the intermediate shaft to mount. Does anyone think that Honda knew that this swap would be done?? Ha ha makes me wonder

  11. #36
    3Geez Veteran A18A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8,081

    Re: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

    the exhaust has a mount thingy to the block, not the half shaft. if thats what i think you're trying to say anyway. not sure

  12. #37

    bullard123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Vehicle
    1988 Hatch LXI
    Location
    COLORADO SPRINGS
    Posts
    2,937

    Re: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by A18A View Post
    the exhaust has a mount thingy to the block, not the half shaft. if thats what i think you're trying to say anyway. not sure
    Yeah it looks like the holes from the prelude intermediate shaft lines up with those holes in the exhaust. Im not sure but I'll know this weekend

  13. #38

    bullard123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Vehicle
    1988 Hatch LXI
    Location
    COLORADO SPRINGS
    Posts
    2,937

    Re: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

    So Carotman all I need to make this work is #3 from the picture with a prelude intermediate shaft and a accord passenger side axle with the prelude spline?

  14. #39

    bullard123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Vehicle
    1988 Hatch LXI
    Location
    COLORADO SPRINGS
    Posts
    2,937

    Re: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

    Carotman do you know how to seperate the auto shaft from the axle? A18 is trying to figure it out

  15. #40

    carotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    Location
    Montreal South Shore
    Posts
    9,984

    Re: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by bullard123 View Post
    So Carotman all I need to make this work is #3 from the picture with a prelude intermediate shaft and a accord passenger side axle with the prelude spline?
    Yes, all you really need from a JDM car is #3


    Quote Originally Posted by bullard123 View Post
    Carotman do you know how to seperate the auto shaft from the axle? A18 is trying to figure it out
    Usually you just need to pull on it

    http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

    I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

  16. #41

    2oodoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A
    Location
    Georgia-lina
    Posts
    9,061

    Re: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

    bullard I hope you are not planning on mounting your int. shaft on the exhaust downpipe flange !

  17. #42

    AccordB20A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si
    Location
    Stratford, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,407

    Re: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

    yeah all that exhaust bolt hole thing is for a bracket that bolts in betwen there and the block. yours has been removed, i also remove mine cause its a load of rubbish.

    bullard have you sorted out your half shaft? im pretty damn onto it when it comes to accord axles. i have ran two right hand side A20 axles on my b20a without problems. just have to swap the inners so the one with the long splines goes into the half shaft and the other one into the gear box. have you got a half shaft there?? AT or MT?

  18. #43

    bullard123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Vehicle
    1988 Hatch LXI
    Location
    COLORADO SPRINGS
    Posts
    2,937

    Re: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

    Yeah I got the accord half shaft and the prelude half shaft. But I need the shaft support to bolt it up

  19. #44

    AccordB20A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si
    Location
    Stratford, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,407

    Re: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

    So you dont have the metal bit that bolts to the block and holds the half shaft on

  20. #45

    2oodoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A
    Location
    Georgia-lina
    Posts
    9,061

    Re: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by AccordB20A View Post
    i have ran two right hand side A20 axles on my b20a without problems. just have to swap the inners so the one with the long splines goes into the half shaft and the other one into the gear box.
    OMG, can you break it down some, this is confusing yet again "inners" huh?
    thanks in advance

  21. #46

    bullard123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Vehicle
    1988 Hatch LXI
    Location
    COLORADO SPRINGS
    Posts
    2,937

    Re: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by AccordB20A View Post
    So you dont have the metal bit that bolts to the block and holds the half shaft on
    Exactly! A18 had a hard time getting his off. Do you have one laying around?

  22. #47

    carotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    Location
    Montreal South Shore
    Posts
    9,984

    Re: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

    if you want to separate the shaft from the bracket, you need to remove a circlip

    http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

    I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

  23. #48

    AccordB20A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si
    Location
    Stratford, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,407

    Re: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

    another mate if mine needs one too. maybe ill see what i have in the way of halfshafts next time i am at mums
    i removed the circlip and pulled out an auto axle to replace it with a DOHC ZC MT shaft and it worked

  24. #49

    bullard123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Vehicle
    1988 Hatch LXI
    Location
    COLORADO SPRINGS
    Posts
    2,937

    Re: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

    Carotman do you have any contact info or website info for anyone who sells just the half-shaft support?

  25. #50

    bullard123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Vehicle
    1988 Hatch LXI
    Location
    COLORADO SPRINGS
    Posts
    2,937

    Re: B20A Intermediate shaft revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by carotman View Post
    As you can see, the prelude axle is a bit shorter. It could work but I didn't want to take any chances.

    The Accord axle will not go all the way in because the splines are only on half it's length. That's why I said you have to use the prelude inner joint with the Accord axle.
    Carotman what tools will I need to change switch the prelude inner joint to the accord axle??

Similar Threads

  1. Need 90-93 integra sk7-j intermediate shaft
    By Rendon LX-i in forum Suspension/Wheels/Tires/Brakes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 11:33 AM
  2. intermediate shaft stuck in gearbox
    By A18A in forum 3geez Accords
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 05:30 AM
  3. JDM B20A ECU revealed (PH3)
    By carotman in forum JDM B18A / B20A Swap Tech
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 06-21-2008, 10:01 PM
  4. jdm b20a manual intermediate shaft wont work with quaife
    By mykwikcoupe in forum JDM B18A / B20A Swap Tech
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 02:08 PM
  5. In need of b20a final drive and main shaft
    By mykwikcoupe in forum Classic Honda Community Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2008, 05:30 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.
     
VigLink badge