Thread: Could this work?

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord DX Hatchback

Could this work?

OK, I own a 87 carb with a A20A1 and I was thinking that a good performance mod would be to bypass the rear fuel filter and put a high flow one up in front.
    www.shpracingteam.com

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    well I guess you could if you wanted to but you really would notice a difference. You be better off pulling some weight of the car.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Yes that is a good mod, I wrote about doing that in some other thread... turned out the guy was EFI and not carbed but it's there if you look... run the line from the port on the tank directly to the port on the hardline that runs along the side of the car... this should bypas the rear filter as well as the fuel cut.

You want is something that will have good filtration and take up the slack because the rear filter isn't there... high flow doesn't mean high filtration... so you'll end up with good performance for a short while and then all the junk that bypasses the high flow fitler will clog your carb.

Don't get the clear glass cylinder filters with the small replaceable screen filter insert in the center and two metal ends are high flow because they filter like crap and are not worth it. Only use it if you have the rear fitler still in place.

Just get a good big clear plastic filter ment for a domestic carbed car
    Fram isn't my first choice in products but it's almost impossible to fudge a filter... so it's good enough.
    Last edited by A20A1; 08-13-2004 at 01:19 PM.
    - llia