Thread: !!help!! My Car Is So Fu*ked Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vehicle
    1986 Accord Lx-i

!!help!! My Car Is So Fu*ked Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahh my car is so fucked up and i dont know what the problem is. ok today i was driving home from school and i smelled smoke and saw a little bit of white smoke come outta the hood. then i got home, popped up the hood and oil was all over the fucking place!!!!!! i thought it was that screw/washer that is off of my valve cover so i went and got a new one off another honda but i couldnt get the rubber gromet but it was ok because i had the washer on tight. then i cleaned up the mess, i saw that the oil cap was loose and tightened it. then i thought everything was ok, i drove to work, was a little late, and when i parked i smelled smoke again, didnt have time to check it, i was late. then later on i walk out and i see a HUGE puddle of oil under my car and around the tires. i pop the hood, see the same fucking thing, and i saw a little bit of green antifreeze mixed but mostly oil. i have no radiator over flow cap so i tohught it was overflowing and spitting out everywhere but if thats the case it would be all green. and i checked the oil dipstick and there was NO OIL. so.... i dont know whats wrong. left the car at work and got my mom to drive me home, and here i am. PLZ HELP ME SOMEBODY! IS IT A BLOWN HEADGASKET? OIL LINE CRACKED? CRACKEd thE HEAD??? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im so fucked...
    Performance Mods: 2.25" Cat Back Exhaust System, 3ARacing Muffler, Short Ram Intake, Accel Super Stock Coil, 9.3mm APC Spark Plug Wires, Autolite Double Platinum Spark Plugs

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Well you probably overheated the first time (COOLANT PROBLEM or from low oil), then you drove it anyways with not enough coolant so you overheated again but you wouldn't see it on the gauge becasue the coolant wasn't there to give the gauge a signal... and well maybe the gasket blew which caused the oil to leak.

Hopefully it's just the gasket...

Best thing to do is track down the fluid leaks first to see if it's from any hoses or the oil filter or the radiator or the fluid pumps. Then if you con't see any external leaks then it is probably the gasket.

One thing you should always always do before starting your car... check the fluid levels.

It will alwyas give you a heads up to problems that are developing before they become serious like you just had.
    - llia

Vehicle
    1986 Accord Lx-i
    shit. man if i did blow the gasket, if you know, how much does a gasket cost and how much would it cost to get it repaired?
    Performance Mods: 2.25" Cat Back Exhaust System, 3ARacing Muffler, Short Ram Intake, Accel Super Stock Coil, 9.3mm APC Spark Plug Wires, Autolite Double Platinum Spark Plugs

Vehicle
    1986 Accord Lx-i
    oh, and since theres no oil in my car, can iput some in and drive it home, will it be fine? then ill inspent the leaks.

Vehicle
    1986 Accord Lx-i
    Anyone know?

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Don't drive the car yet, check for leaks first.. and fix them... you don't want to waste filling up your fluids and havng them drain out again 2 miles down the road... plus chances are they wont flow right thru the motor if the gasket is leaking so you'll do more damage... tow it home and if you have to, bring it to a shop.

Unless you live like 2 blocks from your car I woudn't drive the car.
    - llia

Vehicle
    1986 Accord Lx-i
    DAMN. i live like 7 minutes away from work. i guess thats too far... shit. its gonna look funny checking for leaks in the middle of a parking lot. hmmm. my dad wont do it, even though he used to be a certified mechanic, he thinks im waisting my money on it. so... im not skilled enough to know that much about cehcking leaks and shit, i dont know where the oil lines are. i know where the oil filter is, but wouldnt i have to jack up the car and get under it to check the filter for leaks? hmm or the radiator, how would i know the problem is the radiator? and if the oil pumps bad, will it spit oil all over the top of my hood and intake and valve cover? oh ya, when i was driving and that shit was spitting out onto my intake is it ok? duno if the filter filtered it or not. eh...

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    oil in intake could be PCV valve, if it's external it might be an oil filter or oil filter body leak, or could be massive amounts of blowby into the valvecover.

there is no oil hoses really, unless you have an anutomatic. but thats for ATF... I doubt it was your powersteering fluid cause you said you oil was low/gone when you check it...

Problem is with refilling the fluids is that for the coolant you need to bleed the system to fill it up properly and that takes runing the engine for a while which you can't do.
    If you want you can use plain water and fill up the radiator and then check the color of the fluid once you fill it to the cap, if you see dark oils floating at the top then the gasket is blown, and it is probably best to tow it.

3 - 5 is okay if the fluids are holding... 7 minuets is pushing it, if you can fill everything up and drive it thru light or no traffic at night you could make it.
    Just make sure the car is completely cold before you drive...
    Oil is the most important fluid, if it's dark use a flash light and leave the hood open
    After you refil the motor with oil, start the car and check for leaking
    oh before you do... push the car to some other spot so you don't get confused by the puddles already there.
    Last edited by A20A1; 08-09-2004 at 08:24 PM.
    - llia

Vehicle
    18 yr old Prelude, the one with the pop up headlamps. B20 (prototype for the 3g Prelude) ...but in the lighter car, with big brakes
    Sounds like u gotta split somewhere to me, i think gaskets tend to seep rather than spray especially at a rate high enough to line the underside of the hood.
    But, as A20a1 said there isn't really any external oil pipes.
    you gotta find the source for it, fill up with cheap oil and stand and watch it with the hood up. sounds frontal and top to me as its spraying the hood.
    The radiator cap will have a thin caramel greasy coating if there's a oil/water mix.
    Have you got any additional oil coolers/guages?
    The rad should have no built in oil coolers unless your car is automatic.
    hmmm...dizzy seal?valve cover gasket?

Vehicle
    1986 Accord Lx-i
    YES! I FIXED IT!!!!!! FOR $0 ! i realized it wasnt oil, but very rusty water that looked like oil spraying out of one of the water hoses. since the crack was near the end of the hose, i just cut off about an inch and plugged it back on, and its fixed. but now, its still smoking!!! Not alot but a little bit. after about 5 minutes of "Non hard" Driving i smelled smoke and when i got home poppped the hood and saw a little white smoke come out. i dont know whats wrong now. do you think its a hole in my exhaust header? plz help. thanks in advance

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    The coolant that was all over the engine is burning off.
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    no, I doub't a bomb could make a hole in the stock exhaust manifold...

you should check to make sure your fans are coming on, also did you bleed your coolant and mix it 50/50...?

The smoke from the manifold could just be coolant traped on the heat shield or trapped between the fins of the radiator and they blow onto the exhasut when the fan turn on...

One thing that has me concerend with your 0$ fix... didn't you say you checked and had no oil? did you refil your oil before driving?
    - llia

Vehicle
    87 LX
    since your coolant looked like poopie water you should flush it out and refill it with filtered wated and antifreeze
    ------------------

Vehicle
    1986 Accord Lx-i
    ok. cool thanks. i wet alot of the engine with water to clean it up, i didnt wet the valve cover, the plugs / wires, and intake. and then i wiped it all down. so.. i dunno whats going on.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    you just told up whats going on??? anyways hows the engine temp now? how is the oil?
    and do your fans turn on?

you should find out what caused the motor to overheat, if it was the low oil, or a faulty thermostat, fan temp switch, leaky pump, loose belt, cloged radiator... so you don't end up blowing another hose.

Might as well check the hoses too, sometimes they become really soft and start to buldge or crack, if so they should be replaced.
    - llia

Vehicle
    1986 Accord Lx-i
    hmm well when i was putting in some water in the radiator after about 1 minute of straight filling it up and it was almost full, it all started bubbling out. like alot of it, so i slipped the cap back on and cut the car off. do i need my radiator flushed? and the fans were coming on earlier when i didnt have much water in the car. the oil, well the oil was actually fine and i didnt know, i added 2 extra quarts of oil and its got 2 extra quarts in it now and i have to drain out some tommorow.

Vehicle
    1986 Prelude 2.0si turbo - 1990 Integra moutain carver - 1993 Nissan 300ZXTT w/ more power than god
    You ran the car with the cap off? Well, if it was bubbling up and coming out of the radiator cap opening thing, that is a good thing - means the car is heating up. If the fans are coming on, is good also, cause means your temperature probe on the radiator is fine.

Yeah, and drain some of that oil - you definetly don't need THAT much in it. If you are still having problems on Thurs, drop me a line here or find me on AIM - I'm on all evening on AIM as MoonScryer. I might be able to swing by into Alpharetta during the day on my way to Gainesville. Don't know, Friday is kinda fucked looking, but I can try. Let me know.

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    i've had this same crap happen to me also. just about. my heater hose burst. i overheated the car, thought it was screwed. but as you might know its not. still driving fine after a few years. dont know if you did this, but i locked up the engine. thats how overheated it got. i now have enough sence to not drive it after its overheated. i was in a bad area though, so there's the exception. good thing you fixed your problem.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    1986 Accord Lx-i
    haha, thanks. man i tried to drain that shit out but my sucky ass jack was making me paranoid the peice of shit car was gonna fall on me, so i tried to unscrew the fucking oil pan nut and it was so fucking tight i couldnt get it off. had to get the car lifted. took it to pep boys and they did it for $15 ! fuckin assholes. its only a 20 second job! Oh and moonscryer you say your heading this way thursday? i have to goto school then goto work so i dont think i can do much you can just pass threw not much to see here. maybe some other time. I dont think ill be at the track cuz im saving all my money for a paint job. I hope we can get an atlanta meet going in the next 3-5 weeks?.. i guess.