Thread: Parts for different cars?

DX User

Exclamation Parts for different cars?

-I've noticed in a lot of posts that people are putting in 92-96 Civic parts on their 3g. That seems funny to me... What parts for different cars fit the 3g? If there's too many to list, just name the cheapest (but still effective) parts. I was thinking it would be hard to find performance parts for the 3g I'm buying, but if other cars' parts fit, that would be great!

Thanks
    BaTmAn

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    what do you want? are you looking to performance or replacement parts?
    Alex.

DX User
    -Performance. I mostly want a good intake and a cheap (aggressive-looking though) body kit.

BaTmAn

Vehicle
    1986 Accord Lx-i
    i have a civic intake it fits fine, just had to cut it though and drill holes (i have an 86) . they have a couple body kits that you could search for on this board.

DX User
    -How much work is involved in installing a civic intake? I don't want to be wasting a lot of time, not to mention I don't have too many tools. Thanks, I'll look for the body kits.
    -Anyone know of more? If I got stuff for a 90-92 Accord (or whatever the next gen. is) would I have to put a lot of work into installing that too?

Thanks,
    BaTmAn

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    obviously anything thats not made specifially for our cars are going to take some work to fit. Even then somethings (especially body kits) dont fit right after you've made adjustments.

I just installed a set of coilovers on my hatch from a 98 civic and they work great. I also had a Wings West body kit on the front of my old coupe for a while that looked OK that was for the same year civic.

As for intakes, all you need to make almost any CAI fit is a hack saw.

If you want to fix up a 3g, dont expect to be able to go out and buy a lot of bolt on parts. a good 90% of the time you'll have to make some kind of adjustments to make stuff fit.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

DX User
    -Alright, thanks for the info. What aggressive-looking body kits fit well on a 3g?

BaTmAn

Vehicle
    93 Integra LS-S
    Hold onto the questions for now, Batman, and do a search...

There's not that many kit available for the 3G, but you can always modify them to fit. The best fitment bodykit-wise from another car would be the 90-93 Integra.

The best Short Ram Intake fitment would be from a 92-95 Civic.

There's a debate over Cool Air Intake fitment being either from a 90-93 Integra or 94-97 Accord.
    Quote Originally Posted by k-roy
    Street racing is for idiots.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Impact
    There's a debate over Cool Air Intake fitment being either from a 90-93 Integra or 94-97 Accord.
    its been proven that both the 90-93 integra and 90-97 Cold Air Intakes work.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    its usually the cosmetic parts or wheels or intakes that we swap out from other cars. The exceptions are the distrubutor and the ECU from the older preludes and also their control arms. So there is nothing really major to swap out Engine wise if you ask me.