Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: other ECM options

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    well I got a few extra ECU's, have to hit up the j/y for the OBD-1 plugs
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    seems to me that rewiring plugs for OBD-1 is just asking for trouble. besides, it also seems like a lot of hassle. I'll spend the 100 bucks and know that im getting it right the first time.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    Hmmm I will have to definately check into this when I get done with my carb to efi swap. Since I'm crossing over to the darkside I better get ready to start a turbo project by getting parts here and there for a longtime since I have to save up for a house and a wedding.

Accord of the Year - 2009

Vehicle
    Accord 2.0i-16 '87 - Accord Aerodeck EXi '89
    Are the OBD-0 to OBD-1 conversion harness's available a direct fit onto our existing harness/plugs?

Link to my 3geez garage
    • Accord 2.0i-16 '87 B20A2 DOHC 16v
    • Accord Aerodeck EXi '89 Exclusive Edition

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdane
    Are the OBD-0 to OBD-1 conversion harness's available a direct fit onto our existing harness/plugs?
    Yea all the OBD-0 ECU have the same plugs same with the OBD-1.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    So after someone has everything how much work would it be? And would you need to be really good with cars and wireing? Or just a little bit of brains will work?

I want more people to get into this.I thought if we show it's not to hard we can interest more people.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    www.boomslang.com he will make you what ever you want and he made my harness custom for the b20a obd-1 conversion for the AEM EMS. All he needs is a wiring diagram and what you want and he will do it.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    justin already has all the stuff for the conversion except a P06 ECU. The F22a6 distributors also have external coils which is good. Now all we really need to test run this setup is a base code that will work for the a20a because nobody can get the a20 code from the ECU.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    Houston, Texas (Home of the Quicksilver project)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin86
    so how about what exactely to we need......
    -conversion harness $100
    -P75 ECU about $50 on ebay
    -F22 dizzy best bet j/y $100
    - custom wiring thanks to cartman
    Don't forget 4-wire O2 sensor that the P75 will be looking for.

Yea all the OBD-0 ECU have the same plugs same with the OBD-1.
    You are right; the plugs are the same, but the pin locations/functions can be different between different ECUs.

Quote Originally Posted by NXRacer
    justin already has all the stuff for the conversion except a P06 ECU. The F22a6 distributors also have external coils which is good. Now all we really need to test run this setup is a base code that will work for the a20a because nobody can get the a20 code from the ECU.
    You should not need the A20 base code, because you won't be using the A20 ECU (PJ-0). If you are using the P75, our engine should run fine off it's base maps. With applications like Uberdata added, these can then be manipulated to exactly fit our cars, NA or boosted.
    "Feed their greed with your need for speed"

Vehicle
    B20A SEi
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijah
    So after someone has everything how much work would it be? And would you need to be really good with cars and wireing? Or just a little bit of brains will work?

I want more people to get into this.I thought if we show it's not to hard we can interest more people.
    Once you get an OBD1 distributor, the rest is pretty easy. You need to get a good wiring diagram of the ECU you want to use and the diagram for your car. Neither are too tough to find, then you start matching up. The nice thing about honda ECU's is they tend to use the same wires in the same pin location across ecu generations. For example, the MAP sensor will be pins c15,c11 and c14 on all the Honda OBD0 ECU's I have seen. When I put the Prelude PK2 ECU in my car, 90% of the wiring matched up, and I know the Prelude guys are replacing their PK2 with OBD1 P75 Integra ECU's with just a conversion harness, so I should be able to as well (and I plan to).

Bottom line is this is not rocket science and a lot of people have been working on Honda ECU's for a long time (just not for our Accords). Once we find a solution to the OBD1 distributor, the rest will be pretty easy.

Gregg

Vehicle
    ok the ECU will be easy to get online same with the O2 sensor. I have the OBD-1 harness, but as to which wire goes where I have no clue and can't find a pin out for the ECU?

Vehicle
    B20A SEi
    ok the ECU will be easy to get online same with the O2 sensor. I have the OBD-1 harness, but as to which wire goes where I have no clue and can't find a pin out for the ECU?
    Do you know which ECU you are going to use? For example, if you chose the P75, then you need to find the wiring diagram for a 92-95 Integra. I'll poke around and try to find the diagram since this is the ECU I plan on using as well.

Gregg

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    If you guys are going to use the OBD0 to obd1 conversion harness, be prepared to add wires to your existing harness and swap some pins on the harness (like I did)

Also, like I said, you do not absolutely need a 4 wire Sensor. the heater can be disabled in the ECU program.

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    well I could use either the P06 or the P75, I'm just waiting on some help for the wiring from cartman, cause I can get either ECU no problem.

Vehicle
    well I did some searching and found a pin out for the OBD-1 harness, and the entire ODB-0 to OBD-1 swap. He used a VTEC ECU and different dizzy and there is some differences depending on different yrs. But this is a very good start. http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/...KurtsOBD0-OBD1

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 prelude si A20a3
    The 88-91 civic/crx and 3g accord/2g prelude wiring schematics are very differant. It's doesnt really apply to this swap.

carotman- you got more info?

-david
    87 prelude si
    87 non-turbo supra

Vehicle
    well most OBD-0 systems are the same, but there is some differences. Some control more and some less. I'm trying to work out the differences between the systems right now. Mostly cause the OBD-0 to OBD-1 conversion harness is not made just for your model it is suppose to be universal for all OBD-0 models. So if pin B14 controls the alternator on the accord, but on the CRX it controls the main relay, there is going to be some problems with these all ready made conversion harness, since it is suppose to work for all OBD-0.
    So the link I gave should be good so far until I have more time to completely pick through it to look for any differences that will cause us problems if someone bought it.

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    Not quite true. I've got an Exel file with our PJ-0 (obd-0) and a P-72 (obd-1, very similar to P-75) pinouts. If anyone wants it, pm me.

Accord of the Year - 2009

Vehicle
    Accord 2.0i-16 '87 - Accord Aerodeck EXi '89
    What year is the PJ0 pinout?

Link to my 3geez garage
    • Accord 2.0i-16 '87 B20A2 DOHC 16v
    • Accord Aerodeck EXi '89 Exclusive Edition

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 prelude si A20a3
    88-91 is obd-0. our cars are pre-obd. i compare the wiring diagrams once. they are differant.
    87 prelude si
    87 non-turbo supra

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    obd-0, pre obd is the same thing.

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    B20A SEi
    well I could use either the P06 or the P75, I'm just waiting on some help for the wiring from cartman, cause I can get either ECU no problem.
    Hey Justin, do you have a good source for the P75 in Oregon? I am looking for one right now.

Gregg

Vehicle
    Well here in town there is no more P75, and they want $100 for any ECU some are more. I'm going back to look at some civic's that I belive have the P06.

OMG rob you have had a pinouts all this time..........

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    from what i've been told the P06 is probably a better option then the P75.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    Well here in town there is no more P75, and they want $100 for any ECU some are more. I'm going back to look at some civic's that I belive have the P06.

OMG rob you have had a pinouts all this time..........
    No, I've got pinout for the P-72. Very similar to the P-75, but there are a couple wires that are different. I was waiting to do mine and get it right before I posted. Try to save anyone else from having to reinvent the wheel. Just haven't gotten around to it yet, 'cause I'm still building the engine. If you guys figure it out first though, please be sure to post it.

Quote Originally Posted by NXRacer
    from what i've been told the P06 is probably a better option then the P75.
    I don't see why that would be. You have to still do a wire converion, and find a distributor to fit, but you still end up with an OBD-0 car. For the same amount of work, you could have OBD-1 ECU control for better/more tunability. P-06s are probably easier/cheaper to find though. I guess it's just up to what you want.