Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: other ECM options

Vehicle
    88 LXi
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin86
    yea I have the manual for the accord, but I haven't been able to get a complete pin out for any OBD-1 ECU. So you didn't have to swap any pins on the harness, from what I was seeing there was a couple that needed to be relocated.

http://locashracing.com/store/index....b625c4df6a204b

this guy has alotta harnesses made up might help you guys out.

wp

Accord of the Year - 2006

yea I have the manual for the accord, but I haven't been able to get a complete pin out for any OBD-1 ECU. So you didn't have to swap any pins on the harness, from what I was seeing there was a couple that needed to be relocated.

Some of the pinouts were different and did need to get changed.

Here are some places that have manual downloads.

http://www.streetlegalkhk.nl/multime...?dir=computer/

http://www.integra.orcon.net.nz/manuals

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    In order for it to clear everything you have to bend the water pipe in the head down and away a little bit.

For the water pipe I have mine capped off with a rubber plug, so I migh just find a way to remove the pipe a plug the hole
    - llia

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    well adding the wires shouldn't be tought. If you can post up what pins to swap and wires you added to where on the ECU it would make life much easier on the rest of us.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    If you still need pinouts go to www.aempower.com and go in the forums and under the first honda section go into notes on the 30-1000 or the 30-1040 ecu and they have the pinouts there. I had a link but i lost it when my hard drive crashed a few months ago. Its relatively easy well it was with the boomslang harness.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    apexi also has some pinouts in the VAFC install manuals...
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

well adding the wires shouldn't be tought. If you can post up what pins to swap and wires you added to where on the ECU it would make life much easier on the rest of us.

Will defintately try when I have time.

Vehicle
    well any news yet and I can't get those manuals to work from those site or load up at all.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

well any news yet and I can't get those manuals to work from those site or load up at all.
    its alot of info to write up and right now im just to busy to do a full write up.

Just ask me some questions bout what you need and I'll help you like that.

Vehicle
    ok then what I have got so far is.........
    The conversion harness will work, but on the OBD-0 plugs A6 needs to go to B2 (purge control solenoid), B11 needs to go to C1 (CYP-P), B12 needs to go to C2 (CYP-M). OBD-1 pins (B15)CKY-P & (B16)CKY-M needs to have the wires added for the dizzy and be removed from their OBD-0 pins C1 & C2 to another, and one wire added for the O2 heater. Then you need to add that resistor for the speed sensor. also add a wire for the ignitor to either pin B15 or B17 on the OBD-0 plug or both?
    Last edited by Justin86; 03-04-2005 at 01:39 PM.

ok then what I have got so far is.........
    The conversion harness will work, but on the OBD-0 plugs A6 needs to go to B2 (purge control solenoid), B11 needs to go to C1 (CYP-P), B12 needs to go to C2 (CYP-M). OBD-1 pins (B15)CKY-P & (B16)CKY-M needs to have the wires added for the dizzy and be removed from their OBD-0 pins C1 & C2 to another, and one wire added for the O2 heater. Then you need to add that resistor for the speed sensor. also add a wire for the ignitor to either pin B15 or B17 on the OBD-0 plug or both?
    What yr is your car?

I have the 87 model and the pinouts vary slightlyfrom the 88-89.

Also what ecu are you running?

Vehicle
    It's a 87 wire harness so it will be the same, and I'm using the civic P06

I hada list of what pinout differences there was but I need to find it. I'll try and find it soon and I'll let you know.

Yeah the only things that need to be added are the o2htr, icm ang crank sensor.

Then under the hood the dist has two plugs totalling 10 cables. 6 are the sensors, the icm, power, coil neg.(if using a dist with an external coil) and rpm wire.

I'll try and get those pinout differences soon.

Vehicle
    yea then it sounds like I got most of it, how about how you hooked up the O2 sensor. There is the main one there, heater wire, and ground, and the 4th one I'm not sure on?

o2 uses lg1 or 2 and igp1 or 2.( basicly power and ground) You can get these off the engine harness itself. I used the leads going to the egr lift sensor I think. The ls teg ecu dont use an egr valve.

Then you have the htr wire an o2 sensor leads that go to the ecu.

Vehicle
    if you burn a new chip for your ecu using uberdata, you can change the code to support a 1 wire o2 sensor instead of a 4 wire, and you can turn off closed loop which eliminates the EGR etc

Vehicle
    well i plan on running a wideband O2, but disabling the EGR I plan on doing.

SEi User

Ecu

Do a search under Megasquirt a whole load of custom ECU's that are DIY and cheap, but not for the beginneer good understanding of electronics is usefull. Also theirs a company in U.K Emerald ECU's just brought out a cheaper ECU under £400 that seems good value for those who don't like soldering!! I think the biggest prob for most these systems is getting new sensors in or ones that will work to fit, mainly fiddly than impossible!!

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch
    http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/i...?topic=31055.0

my contribution to the thread. if you are not a member u should be, its worth signing up...

Code:
    I have been chipping ECUs on here for a while now pretty successfully (thanks to all my HMT clients!!!) and I have to decided to broaden my horizons a little bit.

Although I will continue to only chip OBD0 ECUs (except for locals, i will do OBD1 as well) for you guys that want it done well and right the 1st time with no mistakes and great service after the sale...I want to offer you the opportunity to learn more and do it yourself at an affordable price.  My goal is to broaden your horizons and make it easy for you to learn about DIY engine management.

Besides the products below, I also chip ECUs.  See my ECU services page.

I have made two chipping 'kits' thus far:

$21 - OBD0 TurboEdit Chipping Kit

$23 - OBD1 Uberdata/Crome Chipping Kit

These are complete, high quality parts kits and I have tried to make it easy to order using Paypal (or you can always send a MO). Prices already include shipping and if you need a chip burnt and sent with the kit, its only $5 extra and I will donate a portion of the price to the Engine Management System of your choice. (In your name if you want)  Smiley

Other donations will be made to PGMFI.org as well for teaching me what I have learned and continuing to make advances in the DIY ECU arena.

PGMFI Chipping Guide for Do-It-Yourselfers

Other products -

RS232 Datalogging Complete Cable
    $28.00

RS232 Datalogging Board Kit
    $18.00

ZIF Socket
    $9.00

Amtel 29c256 Chip
    $6.50

(2) - SST 27SF512 Chips
    $7.00

OBD0 --> OBD1 Harness

Convert your 1988-1991 civic/crx and 1990-1991 Integra to run any OBD1 1992-1995 ecu. Requirements: All civic/crx models must either be a SI or HF or a MPFI(Multi Point Fuel Injection) converted car. DX and Standard models that are DPFI (Dual Point Fuel Injection) must be converted to MPFI for this conversion to work properly. This conversion is primarily made for 5 speed chassis, but can be constructed for automatic transmissions. You will need an OBD1 ecu, distributor and a 4 wire O2 sensor.

All Harnesses come with detailed instructions for an easy installation. Also included with the harness is a quick disconnect connector that will allow you to feed the sensor wires through the firewall easily. All sensor wires are color coordinated for an easy installation. I will beat any advertised price of the same harness style and construction.

Price: I'll beat any advertised price you can find! - PM ME - Free Shipping to the Continental U.S.

OBD2a-->OBD1 Harness

Convert your 1996-1998 civic, 1996-1999 Integra, 1996-2001 Prelude and 1996-1997 Accord to run any OBD1 1992-1995 ecu. All OBD2 to OBD1 harnesses are manufactured using all brand new OEM pieces only! I will beat any advertised price of the same harness style and construction. Email me if you find it cheaper!

Price: I'll beat any advertised price you can find! - PM ME - Free Shipping to the Continental U.S.

OBD2b to OBD1 Harness

Convert your 1999-2000 Civic, 2000-2001 Integra and 1998-2002 Accord to run any OBD1 1992-1995 ecu. I will beat any advertised price of the same harness style and construction. Email me if you find it cheaper!

Money Orders preferred, paypal accepted, PM me if you have any special requests or need a custom harness.

phrat_boy(at)yahoo.com   <---Paypal

Money Orders to:

Chris Harris
    313 Cypress Court
    Ramsey, NJ  07446

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord SEi
    Do we need to switch to OBD1 injecters too?

Vehicle
    89 EX-i, 91 Civic dx, 88 Civic dx
    no you dont have to
    - Drive it like a Rental!
    My 89 Ex-i on Car Domain

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986 LX-i hatchback (for sale!) / 1992 LX sedan / 2009 Fit (the beater) / 2006 Cadillac CTS-V
    Man that was a good read!

For guys who want junkyard parts (p75, F22 dizzy) you should check out www.car-part.com . It's a junkyard search engine, and you can find some VERY good prices on there. I just missed a $50 P28 a few months ago! (search for a P28 on ebay... they go for a minimum of $80, some over $150) There's a 92 dizzy on there right now for $25...

-Mike- AIM = deevergote
    www.cb7tuner.com
    www.cd5tuner.com

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord SEi
    car-part.com kicks ass. I use it at work to find cheap tempered glass. Its so mutch quicker than calling around.

If we use our injectors do we need to use resistors for them.

Vehicle
    If we use our injectors do we need to use resistors for them.
    if we re use our injectors... would we magically not need resistors anymore? Peak hold injectors you need resistors across the board. You can use a ecu designed for saturated type injectors with peak hold type injectors, as long as you keep the resistor box

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord SEi
    I didn't Know we had a resistor box allready. I thought one would need to be added to use our injectors. Thanks for the info. I would have found out the hard way when upgrading to bigger OBD1 injectors and not removing the resistors.