Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: other ECM options

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    ok million dollar question where do I find a 6K pull up resistor, Radio Shack dosn't have any or a clue what a pull up resistor is.............
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    omg... just get a 6k resistor... the pull up describes what it does, not what it is
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    yea only problem is radio shack didn't have a 6K resistor period.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    justin, lemme check my bag of goodies and see if i have one. i have a zillion IC's in a box somewhere. . . .
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Accord of the Year - 2006

Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter
    omg... just get a 6k resistor... the pull up describes what it does, not what it is
    I looked around the web to see if I could find more info and apparently there are pull up and pull down resistors. WHat the difference is I have no idea.
    I do know that I need one though cause my car runs fine except for the speed sensor cel.

Vehicle
    the pull up describes what it does, not what it is

Quote Originally Posted by guaynabo89
    apparently there are pull up and pull down resistors. WHat the difference is I have no idea.

Vehicle
    the only difference is their position in a circuit to pull up or pull down the voltage. Just get a 6k resistor

Vehicle
    Ok so then does the location of the resistor madder?

Vehicle
    it matters were the resistor is in the circuit

Vehicle
    edit

so I guess it goes somewhere behind the speedo..............
    Last edited by Justin86; 03-23-2005 at 06:40 PM.

Vehicle
    89 EX-i, 91 Civic dx, 88 Civic dx
    Which way does the distributor have to sit to run the car properly? I need to let my machinist know so we can finish up this work. The way openloop had theirs and the way guayanbo89 has his are different.. Anyone know whats up?
    Last edited by 88' Accord Ltd; 03-31-2005 at 06:33 PM.
    - Drive it like a Rental!
    My 89 Ex-i on Car Domain

Vehicle
    ok the way guayanbo89 has it is the best way to set it up it has the most clearence around the water pipe. But the way he has requires you to redrill the dizzy key.

In my pic I drilled it 40 deg from the stock and all you need is 20 deg I found earlier. If that isn't an option if you can rotate the dizzy towards the thermostat (advancing it) then wedling the legs in the correct position.

what I did is found where the sensors line up at TDC #1 in the dizzy then went from there. Here is a pic of it at TDC #1

By looking at the very bottom sensor in the dizzy (TDC) you will see were it lines up.
    Here's a pic of the key at TDC, also note it needs to be rotated 180deg to be in the right spot and that is with it out being redrilled.

I'll have a full detailed write up once I get this wiring bug figured out.
    Last edited by Justin86; 04-02-2005 at 10:59 AM.

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    Houston, Texas (Home of the Quicksilver project)
    Has anyone gotten any further on this project yet?
    "Feed their greed with your need for speed"

Quote Originally Posted by Robs89LXi
    Has anyone gotten any further on this project yet?

As far as what?

My hatch is obd1 and running fine (except a little idle problem but I think thats the iac valve) with only a speed sensor cel and thats only because I havent found a 6k ohm pull up resistor.

Better top end and improved throttle response are gains ive noticed.

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    As far as what?

My hatch is obd1 and running fine (except a little idle problem but I think thats the iac valve) with only a speed sensor cel and thats only because I havent found a 6k ohm pull up resistor.

Better top end and improved throttle response are gains ive noticed.
    Great, that is what I wanted to hear! Now, get busy on the "how-to" !!
    I'm about a week away from cranking my (new) engine, then will be the break in period, but soon after that, I will be doing the conversion. I know it is a lot to ask for with a how-to on this, but the sooner you do it is the better because the information will still be fresh in your mind. Old guys like me tend to forget things if we put them off too long .
    Good job on the conversion,
    Rob.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    i know justin is using the F22 dizzy from the F22a6. Do you know which one you're using guaynabo?
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

I'm using the same external coil dist. 92-93 Accord I think with the 95 integra ls ecu.

I'd love to write a how to but right now I'm just so busy plus I dont remeber half of the wiring off the top of my head. Id have to go over the wiring on the car to be able to doi it.

Plus I'm not finished. Id like to ad the eld sensor and I'w switching over to a b16 intake mani so all the wiring will get redone once I swap that in.

I finished this actually back in February and took a long bout 4 months to complete just because I have to cake care of my family first. So only working an hour on it here another hour onit a week after that really spreads out the process.

I think I spent about 300 in parts.

Vehicle
    I have that F22A6 dizzy and a civic P06 ECU. I found that it ran better on the F22 ECU off that bat but once I get to change the fuel tables on the P06 it should be the better ECU in the long run. Also one problem is getting the 6K resistor(I can't find them) and the american ECU needs an ELD but it can be disabled same with the EGR, but I haven't had any EGR problems so far just the ELD and speed sensor. I some what have a how-to started just no time to finsh lately.
    Also one thing I found the different ECU require different timming spot, like the F22 Dizzy like it best with 10deg less advance then the P06 did. So before you re weld the dizzy legs in a spot it is a good idea it find where it idles best. Also Highly HIGHLY recomend the use of a wide band O2 it make the tuning so nice and DIY.
    Last edited by Justin86; 05-10-2005 at 04:02 PM.

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    I'm using the same external coil dist. 92-93 Accord I think with the 95 integra ls ecu.

I'd love to write a how to but right now I'm just so busy plus I dont remeber half of the wiring off the top of my head. Id have to go over the wiring on the car to be able to doi it.

Plus I'm not finished. Id like to ad the eld sensor and I'w switching over to a b16 intake mani so all the wiring will get redone once I swap that in.

I finished this actually back in February and took a long bout 4 months to complete just because I have to cake care of my family first. So only working an hour on it here another hour onit a week after that really spreads out the process.

I think I spent about 300 in parts.
    Thanks for the info. Yeah, that is exactly what I was worried about. Unless you write things down as you do them, it is easy to forget exactly what you did. I know it's asking a lot, but please jot down stuff as you think of it. Every little bit helps as we all find our ways through this. The greatest asset we have here is the ability to share information. By helping each other, we help ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin86
    I have that F22A6 dizzy and a civic P06 ECU. I found that it ran better on the F22 ECU off that bat but once I get to change the fuel tables on the P06 it should be the better ECU in the long run. Also one problem is getting the 6K resistor(I can't find them) and the american ECU needs an ELD but it can be disabled same with the EGR, but I haven't had any EGR problems so far just the ELD and speed sensor. I some what have a how-to started just no time to finsh lately.
    Also one thing I found the different ECU require different timming spot, like the F22 Dizzy like it best with 10deg less advance then the P06 did. So before you re weld the dizzy legs in a spot it is a good idea it find where it idles best. Also Highly HIGHLY recomend the use of a wide band O2 it make the tuning so nice and DIY.
    Great, glad to know you are working on the how-to. Same request; jot things down as you do them. Nice find on the timing spot; never thought of that. Also, what is ELD, and please tell me more about type/tuning of wideband.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Robs89LXi
    Thanks for the info. Yeah, that is exactly what I was worried about. Unless you write things down as you do them, it is easy to forget exactly what you did. I know it's asking a lot, but please jot down stuff as you think of it. Every little bit helps as we all find our ways through this. The greatest asset we have here is the ability to share information. By helping each other, we help ourselves.

Great, glad to know you are working on the how-to. Same request; jot things down as you do them. Nice find on the timing spot; never thought of that. Also, what is ELD, and please tell me more about type/tuning of wideband.
    Thanks.

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    Hmmm.. what does it look like, and where is it located?

Vehicle
    it is in the engine fuse box with the obd-1 cars. It shouldn't be a problem once I unchip it.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    a little FYI - i've been talking to these guys http://www.jkobd.com/ who are currently working on an OBD1 conversion harness for the 3g's. I'll let you know if/when i hear they have the kit made and ready to ship.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    Nice Caleb, that should help make everything more direct bolt on. I spent a good amount of time to make sure I had re pined my civic harness to work with accord. This should help save the headache from the other members.
    Last edited by Justin86; 06-13-2005 at 03:29 PM.