Thread: I'm stupid need help

DX User

I'm stupid need help

Hello I know the answer is here somewhere but maybe you can just help me out. I race a 86 accord dx 4 door carbed automatic at the local track. I have a 86 accord fi manual sitting in back yard for parts. The couple questions I have is will the FI egine and manual trans swap over to the other car? If so what will it take to do it? Will the FI intake bolt up to the carbed engine heads is so how much work is that. Would love to have a manual FI in my race car for necxt year having nuttin but probs with the carb. the car runs good for a bit but by the time the 2 practices are done the plugs are started to foul out and it won't start no more. Thank you in advance

#4bandit
    Aaron

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    here https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=112
    i hope you are up to shit load of work. it is not that easy as you think.
    Alex.

DX User
    Quote Originally Posted by #4bandit
    Hello I know the answer is here somewhere but maybe you can just help me out. I race a 86 accord dx 4 door carbed automatic at the local track. I have a 86 accord fi manual sitting in back yard for parts. The couple questions I have is will the FI egine and manual trans swap over to the other car? If so what will it take to do it? Will the FI intake bolt up to the carbed engine heads is so how much work is that. Would love to have a manual FI in my race car for necxt year having nuttin but probs with the carb. the car runs good for a bit but by the time the 2 practices are done the plugs are started to foul out and it won't start no more. Thank you in advance

#4bandit
    Aaron
    -there's a couple of outstanding individuals here that can help you with that. they can offer you bits and pieces of what parts you will need and what you exactly need to do. try to get most of the parts from an auto recycler, it'll save you money, i know, cause i'm about to embark on a same kind of project myself. as for some other individuals,frankly if you ask me, instead of being helpful as they could be, newbies that ask questions that have been asked before, (but we don't know, that's why were newbies isn't it?) gets them... you know what, like certain employees for the dmv, -if you know what i mean. lack of professionalism. but it's all good, there is still a lot of people that are willing to help...

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    I will re-read this how-to, O might have missed some thing or things that were obvious when I was working on the car might be poorly explained and blurry in my mind now

Honestly, that conversion was "easy" in term of problems encountered. Everything bolts up fine, no wire splicing, no bracket fitting/cutting (except for the EFI fuel hose).

The problem with such a swap is that it takes alot of time to do since you basicaly need to rip apart the car of it's guts

The EFI intake manifold will bolt to your carbed head without problem.

If you have more questions, a couple of guys did this swap and will be able to help you I'm sure.

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

DX User
    Quote Originally Posted by carotman
    I will re-read this how-to, O might have missed some thing or things that were obvious when I was working on the car might be poorly explained and blurry in my mind now

Honestly, that conversion was "easy" in term of problems encountered. Everything bolts up fine, no wire splicing, no bracket fitting/cutting (except for the EFI fuel hose).

The problem with such a swap is that it takes alot of time to do since you basicaly need to rip apart the car of it's guts

The EFI intake manifold will bolt to your carbed head without problem.

If you have more questions, a couple of guys did this swap and will be able to help you I'm sure.

Thats great to hear I have all winter to do this would it be easier just to do a engine swap or a manifold swap i wanna swap the trans to? Thanks for the help so far

#4bandit
    aaron