Thread: ( Miles Per Gallon ) MPG w/ A20 Swap & Dual DCOE Weber ?

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI

Exclamation ( Miles Per Gallon ) MPG w/ A20 Swap & Dual DCOE Weber ?

A few people asked me to report this. After the first full tank of gas with the DCOEs fitted it managed 23mpg. Thats the same tank of gas that I took to the track last tuse, only 2 run though . It was about 60/40 city highway and I can't say I was babying it at all . Its still a drop from the 25+ that I would get with the dgv, but its not as much of a drop as I was expecting.

andy

Vehicle
    1989 Accord DX ... 2001 Accord LX
    Sweet! Now all I need to know is the emissions.
    Good bye to the 1989 DX Type R. Hello 2001 LX.

DX:

"Four wheels, four doors, and no frills."

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord EX (B20A)
    Yeah thats the downside of performance...less gas mileage, but hey, I'm good for it...and you can't beat the pull of those DCOEs.
    1988HondaAccord | JDMB20A | JDM-CTRPistons | 11:1CompressionRatio | 7400MSDChip | 280/280CrowerCams | DualWeber45DCOE | Port&PolishedHead | OBXCamGears | OBXUnderdrivePulley | CustomOilCatch | CustomColdAir | K&NFilter | HolleyFuelPressureRegulator | CraneCamsXR700 | MSD6AL | MSDBlasterSSCoil(E-Core) | MSDSuperConductorPlugWires | ACTHeavyDutyClutch | ACT6PuckCopperDisc | JDMPreludeTypeSHeader | 63mmCustomFitExhaust | TanabeHyperMedallion | GroundControlCoilOvers | KoniAdjustableShocks | PreludeVtecBrakeUpgrade | SpecialtyProductsCamberKit | 15"MugenRnRWheels(10.5lbs) | 195/55BridgestoneGridIITires | AutometerDualGaugePod | AutometerAir/FuelGauge | VDOVacuumGauge | VDOFuelPressureGauge(inline)

Vehicle
    No emissions at all. Everything is removed and you can't even fake that this is emissions legal like you can with the dgv. If you have to take an emissions test you're going to have to take it to a shop that is willing to look the other way, or swap back on your old manifold and carbs for the test.

andy

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    those carbs are sweet anyway.

There could be a way to hook-up the EGR and the A/S valve on those carbs with some work on the manifold.......

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    Yeah, the egr could happen, the a/s valve was never hooked up to the manifold anyway, it just too its air from the air cleaner. You also lose the pcv and all the numerious other little things its got on there, I can't even begin to name them all. With the dgv you could leave them in place with the birds nest of vacuume lines so tangled that the mechanic would go mad trying to trace them all down seeing whats there and whats not, and just play it off as an oem replacement carb. He'd have to be pretty stupid to fall for that with the dcoes, even if you do add a pcv, egr, and a/s it still all has to be there for the car to pass, even useless stuff like the high altitude compensator.

Oh if you do want to add egr or pcv since there is no plenum it will have to have a manifold to tie it into each runner.

andy