Thread: Front Right speaker always goes out!

Vehicle
    1986 Accord Lx-i

Front Right speaker always goes out!

Ok i have replaced the same speaker 3 times! its the front right speaker, it keeps blowing out the tweeters in my Digital Audio speakers. all the other speakers have been fine since the first time i got them installed. what is wrong here? is it bad wiring or something? and today, my tweeter started crackling and sounds like its bout to go out again. WTF!?!?!?! im thinking of getting new speakers friday but dunno if it will blow those also..
    Performance Mods: 2.25" Cat Back Exhaust System, 3ARacing Muffler, Short Ram Intake, Accel Super Stock Coil, 9.3mm APC Spark Plug Wires, Autolite Double Platinum Spark Plugs

Vehicle
    1986 Accord Lx-i
    ooops, can someone please move this to Audio and security i forgot i was in technical cuz i read about SABZ post on extremely low power with stereo and thought i was in stereo. thanks.
    Performance Mods: 2.25" Cat Back Exhaust System, 3ARacing Muffler, Short Ram Intake, Accel Super Stock Coil, 9.3mm APC Spark Plug Wires, Autolite Double Platinum Spark Plugs

Vehicle
    1986 Accord Lx-i
    ok so does anyone know what the problem is. and update: the tweeter blew out today AGAIN for the 4th time! WTF!?!?!?!!!

Turn your music down?

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 LX // 89 LX-i
    what kind of HU / amp are you using, and what source do you mainly listen to cd/radio/cassette

Vehicle
    '13 Civic Si 4dr / 05 Saturn VUE 2.2L 5-Spd
    You may not be providing enough power to your speakers. Many times not enough power is worse than too much power.

If you have your music up too loud and your hed unit/ amp can not provide the power you may internally damage your speakers, this usually works most oftn with tweeters as opposed to mid or subs.

Try a different set of speakers.
    Last edited by PortugalFocus; 09-01-2004 at 08:21 AM.
    Your 4MB signature image has been deleted.
    ^And I'm going to leave it that way.

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 LX // 89 LX-i
    thats why i was wondering about his setup, if hes sending a dirty signal it could kill the speakers.

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    sounds to me like you're sending the speakers a very clipped signal...

change your wiring, and get a better amp for a REAL fix...

also, if you need to keep this cheap, just turn the volume down on the HU, or the gain on the amp down...

Vehicle
    1986 Accord Lx-i
    Ok the headunit is a OLD sony cd player. i dont know how old i got it with the car, but its very old. i dont have the speakers runing of an amp just the sub. and i also think the rear speakers's tweeters are blown also. so maybe this old ass headunit doesnt have enough wattage to send to the speakers? heh, i might get a new Headunit tommorow then and some speakers too. so do you think thats the problem? sometimes i play real loud sometimes i dont play loud, the second time i heard it blow my volume wasnt that high at all and it just WENT OUT for no reason! help, thanks.

PS: im thinking of getting sony xplode 6.5's what kinda head unit should i get as in power wise? or maybe some pioneers...

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 LX // 89 LX-i
    depends on how loud you are listening, if you can hear distortion you are killing your speakers. Even if you have it just under where you can hear distortion its bad. Most people can't hear distortion in a test tone until its at almost 5% THD, and in music it moves to about 10%. And 10% is a whole lot of distortion.

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    i think your problem lies in the distortion...

Vehicle
    1986 Accord Lx-i
    so i was just playing them too loud? well today im thinking of buying some alright speakers like xplodes or pioneers or w/e. i saw some cool Dual speakers but arent those cheap? well im headin out now, gonna see what i can find...

Vehicle
    1986 Accord Lx-i
    hmmm well i went to pep boys lookin for some speakers and then the maintenance shop just called my name so im gonna spend my money on getting my rear brakes done then the speakers. i saw some old pioneer speakers for like $40 for 6.5"s but im sure there better than the Digital Audio speakers i currently have.

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    you need a cleaner signal, too... but yeah, a speaker upgrade would help... and dual speakers are cheapies... and don't buy from pep boys... go to somewhere that has at least DECENT stuff