Thread: Custom Projector Headlight Idea

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*

Lightbulb Custom Projector Headlight Idea

well, without modifying the pop-ups i wanted to design something nicer than the H4 projector conversions i already have. they look good, but with a H4 bulb the end cap on the bulb doesnt really let the light go through the projector lense. i still have my original H4 conversions that were messed up by water getting in them. ok, so i found some fairly nice H3 projector driving lights. they were pretty cheap in price. i've already tested them to see how them beam shines. its a nice flat, wide beam. i tested it in the house with my 12 volt transformer. i'll have to try them outside when it gets dark. anyway, i stuck 2 of them into the old housing just for an idea. i havent decide which would be high beam and which would be low beam. actually i havent decided whether or not i would want the option of a high beam in there. space is a problem though so i would have to cut some material out of the back to clear the projectors back side. mind you this is just for an example. the 1st pic is of the projector H4 conversions you can buy online or where ever else you can find them. the 2nd is the one i took of the other option. only thing, imagine no chrome backing. it will be black instead as there is no use for a chrome reflective backing and black will clean it up and hide that they are driving lights inside. i hope i can get these done quickly. they dont require any fabrication of anything really.

Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    Green/Blue 94 Civic EX V-tec & Black 89' LX-i Coupe with Se-i Interior
    Tight
    89' Honda Accord LX-i with Se-i Interior

You amaze me You're really into lighting. If your career path doesn't involve it, I might rethink it!

Cool idea.

Vehicle
    2006 Nissan 350z
    Very nice! I was in the process of fabricating an East Bear knock-off when my car was hit while in the street. I had to get rid of it and basically gave it to my mother-in-law so that her sons could work on it.
    natsugusa ya
    tsuwamono domo ga
    yume no ato

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    Glad to see someone else working on a better projector headlamp. I scrapped my audi setup because i wanted the money for the B20A swap and $300 for stuff i got for free was not a bad deal on my end. But i would like to find some nice projectors similar to the Audi ones i had but just a tad shorter in length. The Audi parts are great for retro fits and i would love to do the conversion still.

Vehicle
    '13 Civic Si 4dr / 05 Saturn VUE 2.2L 5-Spd
    I think think that will look very good upon completion.
    Your 4MB signature image has been deleted.
    ^And I'm going to leave it that way.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket
    agreed ^^^^
    3geez for life.

Vehicle
    1988 Hatch LXI
    Man look like they are are light brighter than the H4's

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    i liked the projector driving lights so much when i tested them outside that i decided to replace my rectangular driving lights with them. they shine in a really wide and long beam, so its very spread out unlike the rectangular ones. they would shine just in a small space that wasnt spread out. i plan to make some little housing things for the projector driving lights so they dont look too out of place. as for makeing something else for headlights with them, i have other plans too. i though maybe the place where the "eye brow" is on the pop ups, i could cut it out and mount them in there somehow. there was a 2nd gen prelude that had a similar set up with round lights in the eye brows place. these lights were about $30 when i bought them, but are regularly closer to $50. ok, well i hope to do something soon so i'll hvae to see about what i wanna do. maybe i can draw something up to explain my other idea.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Sexy!
    - llia

Vehicle
    93 civic
    good luck on the projectors...i'm curious on what exactly you are doing..as I want some better lighting.

Vehicle
    87 Accord LX, 88 Accord Ex-i, 88 accord LX, 02 Hyundi Accent, 1996 Dodge Ram, 1993 Dodge Stealth and a 1990 Jeep cherokee
    Hey that looks really cool!!'
    **off topic** Your Taillights look really awsome too!