Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pics of turbo setup yo :)

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    there is a ( HITATCHI DISTRIBUTORS ) metal vacuum advance diaphragm on some 86-87 models that can be cut open, crimped back together and then you can reference it to boost. actually not welding it would allow you to change the spring rates inside... you need to swap over the spring anyways. There are other diaphargms on the stock carb but I'm weary on the amount of travel they have, some too much some too little. The secondary diaphragm and Vacuum idle diaphragm are the best bet. I believe only one is actually able to be unscrewed... the rest are crimped and sealed.
    Last edited by A20A1; 09-22-2004 at 03:40 PM.
    - llia

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    dude you RAWK. One more turbo 3g on the streets. I gotta say a drunk monkey could make better looking welds but if it holds and there are no holes, then the rest is aesthetics which dont matter really. hope you get a new clutch in soon so you can really feel the power of that beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Civvy
    can we not put a carb vac diaphram on the dizzy mounts and sum how have it pull the dizzy into retard position under boost?
    that pain wont be necessary when this uberdata solution gets worked out.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    you need an electrical means of controlling the timing retard under boost... mechanical stuff i plain wouldnt rely on and also getting it to work the way you want it to just isnt worth it. Yeah i know my manifold welds look like ass but they dont leak and are hella strong... plus they look decent from the inside too. As for the clutch i got my double diaphram pressure plate and 6 puck sprung copper ceramic clutchnet clutch today... hopefully ill install it tomarrow
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

SEi User
    Vehicle
    87 hatch, stock sleeve b series gsr clone..
    Quote Originally Posted by NXRacer
    dude you RAWK. One more turbo 3g on the streets. I gotta say a drunk monkey could make better looking welds but if it holds and there are no holes, then the rest is aesthetics which dont matter really. hope you get a new clutch in soon so you can really feel the power of that beast.

A drunk monkey?? damn, dude you had me laughing for like mins, but I am crunk tho

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX (R.I.P.)
    nice and i like the silver on black on the eye lids!

so if your produceing boost at 4k them youve got like a 3k powerband. Seems kinda high dont you think? Is it drivable or is it the type of thing that kicks in too late. Although with it spooling up so late you wont have to worry about a stronger clutch for takoff.

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch
    if you shift at 6500 you end up around 4000 so it works if your racing!! lol

Vehicle
    1986 honda accord lx (r.i.p) 1990 acura legend LS
    DAMN that's a big intercool, it make's it look's like your car is smiling.
    ****** 1994 nissan maxima SE ******

About the late spoolup, is it possible that the wastegate is not held completely shut until desired boost has been reached? In other words, the pressure inside the exhaust manifold is leaking past the turbo into the wastegate and just out the tailpipe?

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by NXRacer

Yea damn I need to finish this OBD-1 swap.

You need to paint the IC black for more of a sleeper image
    First off I'm trying to figure out how to mount a big FMIC with out pulling the hood latch. I might get one custom made. I see you went in front of the latch. What are the dimensions of your IC?
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    About the late spoolup, is it possible that the wastegate is not held completely shut until desired boost has been reached? In other words, the pressure inside the exhaust manifold is leaking past the turbo into the wastegate and just out the tailpipe?
    Yeah... im thinking because the wastegate actuator rod is loose its making my spoolup times nasty and slow... Im gonna try and work on it.

You need to paint the IC black for more of a sleeper image
    First off I'm trying to figure out how to mount a big FMIC with out pulling the hood latch. I might get one custom made. I see you went in front of the latch. What are the dimensions of your IC?
    Custom Coach FMIC: Aluminum Front Mount Intercooler - 31x6.5x2.75
    2 1/2" inlet/outlet. Internally finned, handmade and works excellent. I had to notch the bumper beam on the bottom about an inch or so to get the fmic to fit, i also had to move the power steering cooling lines back behind the hood latch before the radiator, which i had to notch the core support so the lines would fit with the fmic in.
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    '13 Civic Si 4dr / 05 Saturn VUE 2.2L 5-Spd
    Man that FMIC looks nasty. Great job I know that musta taken a ton of work. Great job with it.
    Your 4MB signature image has been deleted.
    ^And I'm going to leave it that way.

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    Damn guys I guess when I do the efi swap I will need to start a turbo project. Seems like I will be left out if I don't

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i (done for) 88 crx si 91 bmw, 93 lexus es300 project88dx accord
    how in the hell did i miss this? bro that right there is damn awesome!! i wanna drive that thing

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i
    yay another turbo and the numbers are going up yay. oneday I shall join the trubo beast.

Vehicle
    1987 Accord LX
    I wouldn't drive that P.O.S... Oh... wait... I should smack myself now...
    You gotta tell us what your speeds are after you get your new clutch... I think my stock will blow you...