Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics of turbo setup yo :)

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation

Pics of turbo setup yo :)

429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    1986 Accord DX( RUST IN PEACE) NEW ACCORD 93 LX COUPE 5spd
    looks nice...keep the good work up bro.....how much boost u running? what u got for a turbo?
    ATOMICSNOWBOARDING.com

ACCORD(rust in peace)

93 accord pics soon be uploaded

Vehicle
    only 5lb... my clutch is sooo shot the car barely moves... so i cant do anything until i do that first, then more tuning... then more boost. Its a Garret T3 .60 .63 off of a turbo svo mustang

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    Looks like you got a hole for a bov.But know bov?

Vehicle
    i have a 1g dsm bov in it now... at 5psi and an open dp it isnt loud... yet

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    Mad prop's.I know how much work it is.And $

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 Accord LX-i
    kew....but you didn't pay alot for that welding job did you ?

LXi User
    Vehicle
    05 Legacy GT 87/accord/lx (rip)
    looking good.... although a drop wouldn't hurt... good luck with the clutch and tuning.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    That intercooler looks just like mine and about the same size. Im going in the morning to pick up the B20 finally from the machine shop so hopefully it will be in soon. The shitty thing is i don't have crap for time now because of school work but im excited just to get it back from the shop after 2 months. Good work hopefully you get the clutch taken care of so you can run it a little harder.

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    Houston, Texas (Home of the Quicksilver project)
    Nice work, Jason ! Tell us about your engine management, and how the car runs so far. Any pre-detonation problems?
    "Feed their greed with your need for speed"

SEi User
    Vehicle
    87 hatch, stock sleeve b series gsr clone..
    mad props from me too, yo. What is your manifold contructed of? Overall, it looks cool, but if I could offer a couple tips for next time they would be coupling the non adjacent cylinders together results in slightly better scavenging if you don't have a 4-1 collector, and also, a higher heat setting on the welder (or a lower wire speed) would have resulted in a little cleaner appearance. And I highly recommend you wrap your power steering line with that thermo tec heat reflective shit. Very cool though, it's nice to see another turbo 3g, too bad you aren't in cali though, so I could smoke yo ass! ha ha, just playin
    p.s. im running 9lbs now (still with sketchy tuning though)
    hey when you mash on it at night and then look at your manifold, is it glowing? I had to make a heat shield for my shit

SEi User
    Vehicle
    87 hatch, stock sleeve b series gsr clone..
    Quote Originally Posted by Robs89LXi
    Nice work, Jason ! Tell us about your engine management, and how the car runs so far. Any pre-detonation problems?
    Pre detonation? Pre detonation isn't a problem, it's actual detonation!

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    Detonation is a good thing. It's what makes our engines run. Pre-detonation is a bad thing, and is more common with the higher heat produced in boosted engines.

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    very nice setup. mad props.
    i don't know why you want detonation. it is not good for engines at all.
    Alex.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket
    good job, i'm very jealous.
    3geez for life.

Vehicle
    rob i think your spearco core might be bigger... idk. Yeah i wanna do a drop etc but soo far id rather go fast then work on suspension... suspension costs $$$$ that i dont have but it will get done sooner or later. yeah you are right accordtheory, those top welds i should have gotten hotter with... the bottom ones i did so it came out ok, no cracks etc. Yeah the mani is better than a log but not as good as say... a ramhead design, its just a 4 into 1 basically. Also the mani or anything underhood really doesnt throw as much heat as i had thought it would, esp being mild steel... The front motor mount and the front beam had to be notched a little bit to get the turbo to fit with a little bit of clearance. Soo far im using an SAFC and 450cc 1g bluetop dsm injectors with a walbro 255lph intank and the msd btm. The pics make the welds look worse than they really are (just trust me) they arent the cleanest but they are damn strong. I need to hook up the MSD BTM tho when i start running over 5 psi... I want to run about 10-11 if i can then maybe more with different managemant and built engine (i have another engine im working on) we will see. It does have a golden eagle adjustable cam gear that i have set to -3 degrees retard, im not sure if thats hurting me or helping me making power with boost, that was from my N/A days... ill tell ya for 5 psi the car has one hell of a top end... The transition from vaccuum to boost is seamless, it spools up around 4k and is a little laggy, but its a .60 .63 with a lengthened wg actuator rod... so honestly i expected it to be worse. When the wastegate rod fell off the first night i took it out it boost creeped to 3psi... with no actuator on it and the wastegate completely open. Heres what i have in the car soo far:

Garrett T3 .60 .63
    sillicone couplers with T bolt clamps
    Custom Coach Intercooler
    owner built (thats me) custom turbo mani, flanges by BMC
    2.5" Charge pipes
    Apexi SAFC
    450cc 1g dsm bluetop injectors
    MSD BTM
    Aasco aluminum flywheel (8.5lb i think)
    Auto to manual conversion (used to be an auto car)
    1g dsm bov
    open downpipe
    removed a/c and back seat as well as some supporting metal in the hood, stripped trunk.
    Bypassed coolant line mods, disabled intake manifold runner switching etc...
    Oh yea and Stealthmode performance stainless braided oillines....

Also some other little things like gauges etc

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    props for putting up another turbo 3g on the street. What did you have to mod to run the intercooler piping, I know there is no room between the bumper and frame.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    i had to cut about an inch out of the bottom of the bumper steel beam to get it to fit, and also take out my windshield washer bottle etc to get the pipes to fit. Also i notched the radiator core support so the power steering cooling tube is between the radiator and the intercooler... i moved it back. All this stuff took FOREVER to get to work, lots of cutting and fitting

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by shepherd79
    very nice setup. mad props.
    i don't know why you want detonation. it is not good for engines at all.
    Detonation is what occurs in internal combustion engines when the spark ignites the air/fuel charge. This explosion is what expands the gas charge to cause increased pressure and thus force the pistons to move. Properly timed detonation is what we want.

Pre-detonation can occur when increased heat causes the air/fuel charge to self-ignite before the spark event (pre-ignition), which leads to pre-detonation of the charge. Because it is not at the proper time in the piston travel event, it can be bad for our engine, and we do not want this.

Due to the increased heat produced by turbocharging, this is a fairly common occurance in boosted engines. Intercooling is certainly one of the ways to help correct this.

Vehicle
    2003 Infiniti G35 sedan
    holy sleeping beauty batman
    damn that is a sleeper right htere

Vehicle
    B20A SEi
    Quote Originally Posted by Robs89LXi
    Detonation is what occurs in internal combustion engines when the spark ignites the air/fuel charge. This explosion is what expands the gas charge to cause increased pressure and thus force the pistons to move. Properly timed detonation is what we want.

Pre-detonation can occur when increased heat causes the air/fuel charge to self-ignite before the spark event (pre-ignition), which leads to pre-detonation of the charge. Because it is not at the proper time in the piston travel event, it can be bad for our engine, and we do not want this.

Due to the increased heat produced by turbocharging, this is a fairly common occurance in boosted engines. Intercooling is certainly one of the ways to help correct this.
    Actually, detonation is always a bad thing because it describes uncontrolled, explosive combustion that creates violent shock waves in the combustion chamber and leads to piston damage and blown head gaskets. Proper combustion is a smooth burn of the mixture across the chamber and is different from detonation. Pre-ignition is essentialy what you described above and I have never heard the term pre-detonation used before. For a good description of these processes, check this web site: http://www.hastingsmfg.com/Service%2...reignition.htm

Gregg

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    I like it, What gauge was the mild steel?

od2681... it's not really a sleeper if you can see the IC.
    - llia

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg86DX
    Actually, detonation is always a bad thing because it describes uncontrolled, explosive combustion that creates violent shock waves in the combustion chamber and leads to piston damage and blown head gaskets. Proper combustion is a smooth burn of the mixture across the chamber and is different from detonation. Pre-ignition is essentialy what you described above and I have never heard the term pre-detonation used before. For a good description of these processes, check this web site: http://www.hastingsmfg.com/Service%2...reignition.htm

Gregg
    LOL. Okay, I stand corrected. I was using the word detonation to describe what I had in mind, which is combustion. Tomatoes, tomatoes.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    :comes back with his right hand hurting after jackin off: umm...... i was not doing anything......... oh nice pics dude. Mean ass front mount.

Vehicle
    18 yr old Prelude, the one with the pop up headlamps. B20 (prototype for the 3g Prelude) ...but in the lighter car, with big brakes
    Smooth man! (not the welds) can we not put a carb vac diaphram on the dizzy mounts and sum how have it pull the dizzy into retard position under boost?