Thread: passenger signal light problem

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe,1997 Taurus SHO,1986 Honda Accord LX Sedan (GONE)

passenger signal light problem

Hi, I have a problem with my passenger front turn signal light, I checked the wire terminal and only gets 5.40 volts instead of the 12 volt, so thats not enought for the bulb to turn on, I guess it has something making ground somewhere but could't find it. Does any body has a wire diagram for the signal lights? Thanks for any info.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    88 Accord LX 88 Accord LXi
    There is a sticky at the top of this forum where you can download the shop manual. There are wire diagrams in it.

Your problem might be the combination switch (turn signal/headlight switch) If you have an ohm meter, unplug the connectors, with the turn switch in left position there should be full continuity between the Green/red wire and the Green/blue wire.

Vehicle
    86 Accord LX, carb, AT
    U said "front turn signal" but, is the one on the bumper or the side marker?

LX User
    Vehicle
    It's the one in the fender behind the parking light, and the main problem is that I don't know the wire color for that light.

Vehicle
    86 Accord LX, carb, AT
    ..that's the side marker, mine doesn't work either, is on when is supposed to flash! Wire color is G/R. The bad news is, it goes to "Integrated Control Unit", the black box under ashtray. Never opened that one but i may have to sometime..

Vehicle
    86 Accord LX, carb, AT
    Today, i opened up the black box, a bunch of transistors, resistors, one IC and the beeper. Nothing unusual, tested the transistors which drive the side-markers, were good! Put it back again, side-markers start working again (the right one had problems).
    Guess bad contacts @ connector!

LX User
    Vehicle
    Hi, Thanks for the info I just went to my local yunk yard and take a black box for the side markers, took of old one from my car put on the one from junk yard and now everything works as it should. After more than 10 hours looking for the problem a 10 min work did the fix. Thanks again for the help.