Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: PROJECT , TURBO ( RobT5580 )

Vehicle
    2007 Honda Civic Si RR FG2
    I'm coming to Connecticut just so I can shake your hand. You are awesome.
    Military style fears God not a stranger.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    For now im gonna be running RC 550CC injectors, Apex SAFC, and a walboro fuel pump. This should work fine but someday i may go with a full stand alone setup like the MoTec but i will see how it goes with this setup and some dyno tuning since the SAFC is a pain to tune properly. I still forget about things i need like the clutch and i totally forgot about the EGR tube so i have to modify some parts still. Also i bought Justins charge pipes and im gonna have them duplicated with 2 1/4 mandrell bent pipes. But thanks to steve i found a place that is gonna do it in the next few weeks.

Vehicle
    '13 Civic Si 4dr / 05 Saturn VUE 2.2L 5-Spd
    Rob that car look srediculous! I am thinking of doing my valve cover and timing cover white also......
    Your 4MB signature image has been deleted.
    ^And I'm going to leave it that way.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    1991 Vr-4 394/2000 1992 Acura GS-R :)
    i am def coming to one of yall meets in the spring!!!! everybody runnin turbo's

Originally posted by RobT5580
    For now im gonna be running RC 550CC injectors, Apex SAFC, and a walboro fuel pump.

Rob, I don't doubt that the RC 550 cc Injectors, the SAFC and the Walbro 255 fuel pump will do the trick but for the set up that you're gonna run, I think you will need a more precise fuel Management system. Didn't you tell me that you were gonna run 18 + psi? Have you consider Hondata?
    Maurice

Vehicle
    Well i originally was gonna get a Zdyne Gold ECU because they had an application for the B20A5 but i called and they had problems with the harness connections so they wont do that ecu anymore. But i spoke to a few guys on homemadeturbo and it should do the trick for the time being plus initially it wont be cranked up to full boost or my max psi. So i will have to see how it goes. I will see and i will have next winter to do the stand alone system cause i know im gonna be broke next summer like you maurice....

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    Oh crap, I can't wait to see you lay down some tread with this beast.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord Lx-i Sedan (long term project)
    damn i'll buy that engine for 3k if you get it to run perfect! hehe.

Vehicle
    03 Accord V6, 98 and 99 Odyssey, 99 Blazer
    Looks great Rob, can't wait to see it in person.

ok rob stop it! When this page loaded and I saw that turbo on the engine, it was everything i could do not to go running up to storage and go wrenching on turbo project. i have 98% of the parts but dont want to get started on a project and have to throw it in a box when we move.

Thing looks awsome man. Is th ecar staying red? I am planning the safc with 550cc injectors, vortech fmu, hks evc 4, walbro fuel pump. I havent heard any reason to need to go to a stand alone fuel system. I was under the impression that with all these parts the original ecu is basiclly in trick mode and more of a secondary to teh hks and apexi units. I know of the boost/ knock check warning youll get but why else would you need to go to the hondata or likewise? Ive contacted openloop 34 times about doing my rebuild work but still no responce. Hows the work at JG and is it as good as I hear?

Vehicle
    You wont need a FMU with the SAFC. Iv planned on painting the car championship white with a xenon kit for a few years now so i am planning on keeping those plans although electron blue pearl grabs my eyes im gonna try to keep it white. I wanted to test fit everything because i have to modify a few things and i had tom make the downpipe fit the accord so i didnt have to hack it all up. But i need to change out the downpipe flange, thinking of using the EGR tube if not too much trouble, and putting the waste gate flange on the manifold then having it thermal coated. And as far as JG goes they are supposed to be top notch but i have only dealt with them once to buy the arias pistons i got a few years back for the A20A3 turbo that never happened. So eventually my head will go there and get the work done but that will be one of the last things i do.

cool, sounds good. Maybe Ill have to start reading more about the things I buy before I buy them. So now with this setup, how would a hondata system or something similiar be better than what I am doing?

Vehicle
    I still have a lot to learn and i am gonna look into other options before i buy the btm and SAFC. I notice a lot of the guys on homemadeturbo use AFC hack. Sucks for us because i would use a Zdyne if they made the thing because its basically a modified ecu so no messing with wiring and all that crap. I prefer to add as little as possible so i have less problems in the end and less to have go wrong. We will see i guess pretty soon.

yeh. I am currently looking into engine monitor systems. I like the HKS CAMP system but its a bit-o-cash by the time you get all the harnesses and such. I could do the regular gauges but then you get the where to mount situation. What options are out there? I dont mind throwing out 3-500 for a great setup but I would like to be able to monitor as much as possible with as little as possible.

Vehicle
    98 Av6 3oh
    wow...that beast is only like 10 minutes from me. rob im comming over to touch it. and steal it.....er.....um.....i mean......hi.

-Travis-

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX Hatchbacik
    ummmm.....pictures are worth a thousand words. I'm impressed!

Vehicle
    You can try to steal it but you better hope i dont see you or i will take you out with a rife!!! And if you get by me my neighbors dog will surely catch you and hes not a little dog either. Someone will die if they try to steal this thing. You cant mess with a mans pride and joy although my girlfriend would probably not mind it.....

Vehicle
    if i can't steal it can i just have it?
    -Grant. I'm just a pirate chasing booty.

Vehicle
    For a price you can but it would have to be a lot....Haha I stopped adding up reciepts after 5k but thats all the stuff i have done over the years but the past year or so i easily put over 5k into the car itself suspension to my system. Id probably have a heart attack if i added them all up to date.

I was starring at the cost of a new ford superduty with the 6L power stroke. Man what i would do for one of those". I said. The wife says, "sell the accords"! I graciously bowed my head and kept walking. I can feel where your coming from with the b20a. During the summer it was like a package was showing up everyday. I loved it and she hated it. Shes good at giving grief.

Vehicle
    Yeah my UPS guy knows me by name and we chat a bit when im around. I like it when i forget what i ordered and stuff shows up cause then its like what the hell did i buy now. I cant wait to say this project is done so i can just enjoy it and start saving money agian.

saving money whats that. Ive had at leats one car going since I was 16. Now I need a house and Ijust find out that I am going to be a daddy for the first time. Weve planned thiss for 6 months but the plan alsi included us to be in a house rather than looking for a house. Ohwell, we will be in a house before the next 7 months are over.

Vehicle
    Yeah it seems you can never get financially set there is always something that comes up well atleast for me. Congratulations on the baby.

Im trying to finish my car asap because i have about another year and a half of school and i want my car to be done and not have any debt when i graduate other than my student loans. School is killing me and just seems like its never going to end but i want my degree in business badly so im stuck. Oh well its part of life and for me i never really had savings after i bought my first accord when i was 17.

well Im in my last of 5 year college. Cant wit till its over. From there iys another 4 in getting my electrical engineers degree. The wife and I desided on getting a navigator as a family commutor. Something about kids, strollers, playpens, etc.. in an accord I cant do. We have a close friend who works at a major ford dealership around here. Only problem is they mainly do trucks so Ill have to wait till the right navi comes in. Were looking for a 2-3 year old, gray/charcoal, luxury 4x4 package. Should be a pretty penny but it just means we'll have less to put down on the house.

I almost say the life of theB20a turbo flash before my eyes today. I was getting on the freeway and an commercial truck ran a red light and I swear he was gonna rip the front of my car off. If he was more than an inch away I would be very surprised. No way I could sell the stuff I have for the amount I paid new or not

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX Hatchbacik
    Originally posted by mykwikcoupe
    getting my electrical engineers degree.

Me too! I have about 2 or so years left!