Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: PROJECT , TURBO ( RobT5580 )

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    The coating cost me $250 the guy does it on the side but it was well worth it and he guaranteed it not to flake or discolor for life. Im guessing the motor will be in by summer but its hard to say because my income fluctuates so much and i dont work much as it is because of school. I wish i could do the paint/bodywork first but i guess it would be good to do a test fit before i do the paint so i dont risk damaging anything. So it should be running but probably same exterior and wheels.

WoW! WoW! WoW!
    Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by 88LXi68
    Looks sweet! Rob will have the cleanest engine bay in a 3g ever
    I would have to second that Always thought ur accord was one of the cleanest, even though it was stock and now with all these ...... Shit, I have to again

Quote Originally Posted by HondaSi88
    oh the first meet you guys have IM COMING!!!!

You better show up because our first Spring meeting is gonna be fucking AWSOME! A lot of surprises

PS: nice TIAL Wastegate rob
    Maurice

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    Raunch I'am at the shop right now looking at yours haha.It is the same as robs.I have a red one to.
    Stop bench racing and pick up a wrench

I know my spelling sucks and I suck with computers deal with it.

LX User
    holy crap, i think i just wet myself

Vehicle
    Im trying to get stuff done so it goes together fast in the spring so im hoping to have it done. Im so sick of powdercoating stuff but i only have another week off so im going to try to finish what i have left to do.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    1991 Vr-4 394/2000 1992 Acura GS-R :)
    MOSt def i'll be there!!!!!

Vehicle
    88 Hybrid Accord LX-i
    speachless!
    http://vtecnos.tripod.com

Member Since 7-9-01

Vehicle
    '13 Civic Si 4dr / 05 Saturn VUE 2.2L 5-Spd
    oh oh oooohhhhhhhhh......... i need a napkin........
    Your 4MB signature image has been deleted.
    ^And I'm going to leave it that way.

SEi User
    when old school swap says SPEACHLESS you know your the shit.........lol

Vehicle
    88 accord lx-i coupe 5sp.
    DMAN! that is one clean ass engine! hope the car performs as well as u expect. nice work man.
    -Brian
    -"lifes a bitch,i swear to god, you take your chances, too many questions and not enuogh answers!"-nappy roots

My Accord

Vehicle
    A moneypit!
    That's the shinyest heat coating I've ever seen.

Setup looks great!
    The GSX was killed, I need something new...

Vehicle
    Powder coatings are nice and durable the only bad thing is you need some decent supplies to do them (Oven, Powdercoating gun, powder, sandblaster, compressor and some misc supplies). Here are some more pictures i just did my other B20A valve cover and it came out perfect other than i would have liked a nicer blue but its going on my other B20A which someday will be in my daily driver.

Im working on rebuilding my Sei rear brake conversion im still working on the trailing arm assmeblies cause the sandblasting is taking a lot of time. But i can rebuild the rear calipers now that they are coated and baked.
    Last edited by RobT5580; 01-13-2004 at 10:35 PM.

White brake calipers ............ Hmmmmmmm I dunno man. Let's see how long they stay white. Unless, you don't use the brakes

PS: Make sure you take all the pix before driving the car, because with all that white bro, it will look like crap in less than a month hehehehehe.
    Maurice

Vehicle
    I have the front ones white now and they do get dirty if you dont clean them. The only reason i did white is cause the car is still red and if any color i would probably do red or blue when the body of the car is white. The finish is very very smooth so you can just wipe it off with a cloth. Im going to change it eventually cause the front calipers are getting upgraded this spring to either Wilwoods or Porsche calipers and i will leave them as is whatever color they have. And i figured if i did a big brake upgrade on the rear that i would have to do calipers cause these are to tiny. I will use them for a little while cause the Wilwood calipers are not cheap. I just wanted to coat them so they dont rust out cause they were pretty bad when me and steve got them from the junk yard.

so rob, are you powder coating them yourself in your oven or having them sent out?

Vehicle
    Yeah i have a Hot Coat system rather cheap set up about $120 or so and i have a commercial lab oven thats a decent size. The actual coating process is simple but you need a oven to bake it in but you cant use a household oven because of health reasons. And the worst part of it is sandblasting the part cause it has to be very clean metal to have the powder cling to it. I have a decent setup small sandblasting cabinet, fair size oven, compressor, and the hot coat system. I bought it cause i knew i had a lot of stuff to paint and this method is pretty durable and very easy to clean. Oh and you need a good respirator because of the dust and i sand blast with aluminum oxide so you got to be safe.

All and all i would like doing it if i had a nice large sandblasting cabinet and a real good compressor that put out a good constant pressure. But for what i need it works and is cheap.

Accord of the Year - 2006

Once again.....Good work Rob.

I might have to drive up to one of those meets just to check out your cars up there :cool2:

Vehicle
    I hoping to come down there in march to the show in daytona. The crapy part is my spring break ends the weekend before but im thinking of flying down just for the weekend. I really want to go to florida i have never been so im trying to make it happen. If i can make it i was going to see if a bunch of you guys would go but i dont know how far it is from where you guys live.

Ive been trying to amke it lower georgia for a familty reunion for about 10 years now and still havent managed. Id love to go this year but I doubt the engines will be done by march.

Accord of the Year - 2006

Quote Originally Posted by RobT5580
    I hoping to come down there in march to the show in daytona. The crapy part is my spring break ends the weekend before but im thinking of flying down just for the weekend. I really want to go to florida i have never been so im trying to make it happen. If i can make it i was going to see if a bunch of you guys would go but i dont know how far it is from where you guys live.

If you come down let me know and we can meet up. If you can drive your car even better

Your talking about the tuner bash in Daytona right? Cause if so I'm pretty sure Jared is always down for a meet and the rest of the Miami guys might show. Might con Vinny into going too.

Vehicle
    Yeah thats the show i can say for sure i wont be driving down because its only for the weekend to bad it didnt fall the weekend prior because i would have loved to spend a week down there. I will keep you guys posted cause im going to look into getting a plane ticket soon so it will be cheap.

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    shit dude, that is soooo clean!
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments
    Damn Rob where the hell have I been.

Ok, so at least there will be 3 insane 3G's in CT come summer time.

You = B20 Turbo
    Steve = frankenstein B18
    Johnny = A20A3 Turbo

..and then there's my project that I'm not sure will ever get done. If so, then there will be a 4th insane one, but for now it's just a bone-stock rusted out hatch.

Nice Rob, I'll have to stop down and take a look at this pristine project you've got going here.
    -Mark D.

Vehicle
    really Mark, where the hell have you been? i haven't been around much but i think i've seen you around even less. i'll try adn keep up with this and maybe be in CT myself this summer.
    -Grant. I'm just a pirate chasing booty.