Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: PROJECT , TURBO ( RobT5580 )

Vehicle
    1986 SE-X accord R.I.P,1986 LX-I hatch R.I.P,1988 accord coupe project
    hey rob how is that hotcoat system? I got mine the other day but unfortunitly I dont have an oven yet...I got guards red and OEM black for now...any tricks to making it stick better?

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    Not really its not hard just make sure your parts are bare clean metal better if sand blasted. Make sure to have good coverage and cracks and grooves are a pain but it will fill in. Keep the gun slightly upward cause powder will dump onto the part and be clumped. I removed my static tubes seems a little better my friend told me that. You can use a propane heater but i cant find the specific one my friend has its a good alternative to an oven and works great for large parts. Other than that is not bad wear a respirator as well and dont vacuum up the powder it has to be swept up cause its combustable.

Quote Originally Posted by markmdz89hatch
    Damn Rob where the hell have I been.

Ok, so at least there will be 3 insane 3G's in CT come summer time.

You = B20 Turbo
    Steve = frankenstein B18
    Johnny = A20A3 Turbo

..and then there's my project that I'm not sure will ever get done. If so, then there will be a 4th insane one, but for now it's just a bone-stock rusted out hatch.

Nice Rob, I'll have to stop down and take a look at this pristine project you've got going here.

OH man, snow flake is back!
    Maurice

Vehicle
    71 ford pinto
    in the third pic down... it looks like the wastegate is sitting higher than the valve cover, anyways i remember when i had my b20a in the hood was so close that the oil cap rubbed... have you measured to insure that it would clear? other than that it looks like a fabulous setup... no more a/c fan

Vehicle
    Yeah i checked it out its going to be close but it fall into where there is a recess in the hood so im hoping it clears. I think it will work because of where it is but i will find out when it goes in. I had a lot of trouble picking the location to put the WG cause i wanted it more centered but this was the best place to put it. And im going to use a Fluidyne radiator so i will have to play with things and believe it or not im trying to accomodate the A/C as well. So far it will work out i may not have it this summer but im planning on working it out. The only major problem was the O2's because i didnt think of that but if i use the AEM EMS which is almost a sure thing i will use the O2 bung behind the oil pan and use a wideband setup. So i have my work cut out but things look good thus far.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX Hatchbacik
    I don't know if that waste gate is going to clear the hood either. I saw how close Vern's hood came to B20A. But I'm praying for ya.

Vehicle
    Well it can always be fixed not a big deal but it was the only way that left enough room to get in and weld the flange on. I didnt think about it at the time i was more concerned with the WG hitting the head. The guy i got my turbo from sells a pretty small WG and he swears by them but i wanted the Tial cause its well tested and is known for good quality so i would probably lower mine first besides i think i could lower it enough if need be it will just be tight to get in to weld.

Vehicle
    71 ford pinto
    i will be anxious to see the fitment as well... i dint mean to rain on your parade though... your turbo header looks sweet. if you dont run the aem ems then what would you use? not the stock i hope

Vehicle
    Im worried about the hood now but its an easy fix to bad i had it coated already. I think im going to drop the flange as low as i can just to take care of it cause its going to be so close if it dont hit. And im glad you guys said something cause i looked at it and tried to picture it in the bay but you just never can get an accurate idea w/o it in the car. So better now than when i put it in the car.

Im pretty sure im doing the EMS cause they run around $1300 or so before i was looking at Motec or Electromotive. I didnt care for electromotive but i know a guy that uses it on a bunch of his cars and another friend that has his own shop has part of it on his old Nissan Z so i know i have some close support but its expensive. Plus i like the fact the EMS can come out fast in case i ever had to change back. Mainly for emmisions reasons i can just swap motors if i ever had to.

Vehicle
    71 ford pinto
    you could just cut one of those mitsubishi eclipse hood bubbles out and put it on the front of your hood... Joke! yeah it does suck that you already coated it... but you gotta do what you gotta do to make it fit. i am glad that i could be of service. it looks to me that it will be a fast one. have you thought of any transmission or brake upgrades? what clutch are you going to use?

LXi User
    Vehicle
    87 Accord DX Hatchback 5 Speed
    must e nice to have money and time. I slave to eat & pay rent. but hey, my hach is stll ok with me. congragulations on a job well done.

Vehicle
    Oh trust me i dont have money and now my time is gone now that i just started back at school today. Its taken me awhile to get where im at and im no where near done but i made a good deal of progress on my winter break. Most of the stuff left to do is just assembly but i have to wait till i have the head done and get some more money as well. I hope to get this done this summer including paint/body work but i will have to see how things go cause i have to save up some money for school as well. It just takes time unless you have a good income you have to settle on doing things slowly like i have but im happy with the outcome thus far and was worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by 88LXI
    . have you thought of any transmission or brake upgrades? what clutch are you going to use?

He already has the AEM big brake upgrade and let me tell you that it looks SWEET!

Rob = white guys with lots of money! :cool2:
    Maurice

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord LXi, Coupe & Sedan

Sweet!

Hey, I must say that you have a good eye for detail :cool2: . Congratulation on the Turbo, and getting the A/C in just icing on the cake. On my way to CT in Febuary and I definetely want to meet up to check out your set up just as soon as I find out where Hebron is.
    Nice "A_s" set up
    NSWST8

Vehicle
    Rob=Broke ass college student with a half complete car! UConn offered me a nice room last minute but i had to turn it down cause i know if i did that my car would never get done nevermind keep up on my bills cause i work from home.

Well the tranny will be stock with maybe a Quaife if they find a match but i still have to take apart my other transmission and send them the differential. And for a clutch im most likely going to use a ACT but not sure on what disc yet. And the brake upgrade was very nice im working on the SEI conversion i just powdercoated all the parts and have to just get the caliper rebuild kit and assmble it and get rotors. but i going to get Wilwood calipers and eventually get the AEM kit for the rear. Im thinking the rear will need it badly when i upgrade the front calipers and maybe the adjustable proportioning valve. But my focus is the finishing the engine so i can get it in and to the dyno for tuning. Then i can enjoy it for a little while then rip it all apart to send it to the body shop but im not sure when thats going to happen cause my income varies a lot and its time to pay the government....

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX-i
    Quote Originally Posted by nswst8
    Hey, I must say that you have a good eye for detail :cool2: . Congratulation on the Turbo, and getting the A/C in just icing on the cake. On my way to CT in Febuary and I definetely want to meet up to check out your set up just as soon as I find out where Hebron is.
    Nice "A_s" set up
    NSWST8
    thanks for snagging those SEi rear calipers!
    '88 LX-i Coupe --- LS/Vtec
    '08 Accord EX-L 6-6 --- Daily Duty

Vehicle
    Sorry i should give Steve the credit for finding two Sei's in the junk yard which i couldnt believe.

Vehicle
    85 Suburban, 86 Accord EX-i, 89 Accord SE-i, 90 Accord EX-R,
    Looking sweet Rob! I probably say this everytime but I really can't wait til this beast is done!
    www.b20accord.com

Vehicle
    Hey glad to hear from you Yasu hope things are well. I still have a ways to go but im doing it this spring/summer no matter what it takes even if i have to hold off on paint cause i wanted to do it all in one shot but its a lot of money to lay down at one time. I hope you and carotman do your swaps this year as well but i know how things are so when it happens it will be great. Hopefully you guys dont loose interest in the project.

Vehicle
    88 honda accord DXE-i H/b 91honda accord wagon, 01 gsxr 600
    nice work rob

Vehicle
    Thanks Josias your car is nice i cant wait to get the body done on my car its been a plan now for a long time and its going to happen this year finally. Well at minimum the engine will go it but im going to work my ass off to get the body done as well. Your car looks sweet and i cant wait to see it in person again.

Vehicle
    88 honda accord DXE-i H/b 91honda accord wagon, 01 gsxr 600
    if you need help let me know and I'll help you as much as i can, if you need me to come down I'll do so, if you need the brackets for the bumpers and stuff let me know and i'll make it, I wanna see that car done!

Vehicle
    Thanks as far as brackets the bumbers will be stock with the xenon kit and the intercooler and stuff should not interfere with the bumper so i shoulnt have to mess with that at all. Iv been debating on painting the engine bay before i drop the B20A in cause im looking at the obvious that i have a lot more money going into the motor and i dont know if i can pull it all off at the same time. But i hate to have to pull the motor later for the paint but i may have to if i dont get it done. But i will see how things go im ordering all the JDM parts this week so thats one other big thing off my back.

The only good thing if i do the motor first i wont have to worry about damaging the paint from drilling etc for things. So maybe it will be the best way to do it. I just want the thing done cause its taking a long time to get where i am now. But i will keep you posted.

Vehicle

Sneak Peak (Pictures of my Car)

I was bored and figured i should show some pictures along the way insted of make a thread with over 20 pictures when its done. The machine shop expects to be done by tuesday so late next week the B20A should be in the car as long as my flywheel comes in. Then the rest will be minor and all in the EMS tuning.

I was kinda glad the machine shop to a while because the engine bay looks nice and clean (better than the pic since that was last week). Its been a long and expensive project but i will be happy to drive it and over the winter will be doing body work and interior work so the car should be 100% done by next spring/summer for sure since the rest is peanuts compared to what i spent on this engine.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SE-i coupe
    Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurdy!!!!!!

I love the intercooler shot!
    My collection: Stay tuned! (04/02/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    glorious!

imagine a beowulf cluster of tho... oh wait... its sabz. how is the beowulf cluster of myth boxen treating you?