Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Thread: PROJECT , TURBO ( RobT5580 )

Vehicle
    18 yr old Prelude, the one with the pop up headlamps. B20 (prototype for the 3g Prelude) ...but in the lighter car, with big brakes
    Sorry to hear it rob....
    I know i'm in the u.k. but i've got spare blocks too when you dry out the u.s.

Vehicle
    1989 LXI Coupe Kswap, 1989 LXI Bswap
    these blocs are so damn heavy. my bare a20a block is almost as heavy as my complete d16 block
    Style Quality Uniqueness And Design
    S.Q.U.A.D. Engineering
    www.squadengineering.com

http://www.facebook.com/squadengineering

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    I called ERL/Benson yesterday and they dont think the B20A can be sleeved properly because of the sleeve setup. But im probably going to get another block and have them set it all up since i know they are probably the best in the business. This way i know it was done right and i dont expect my current one to hold up to long or be fixed properly due to the curcumstances.

So if i decided to keep dumping money into this crap that is how i will go.

Vehicle
    18 yr old Prelude, the one with the pop up headlamps. B20 (prototype for the 3g Prelude) ...but in the lighter car, with big brakes
    sure i read somewhere on p.p. they'd drilled out the sleeves to put new ones in. (B20a7)

Vehicle
    Well it can be done its just ERL said they would have to use epoxy on the center cylinders which is not good. They did a B20A5 block before and were not happy with it and dont recommend it. ERL is the best in the business in my eyes so I take their recommendations seriously. If i had called them when i started this i would have been ahead of the game since i spent about the same with my local machinist which is obviosly not capable of doing what i needed. I dont want anymore problems in the future so more likely i will have them do a 3rd block and swap it in later unless mine is beyond repair.

And anyone looking for a good company i highly suggest calling ERL/Benson the guy spent about a half hour on the phone with me talking over all my options and opinions. And everywhere i read they are highly priased for their work and customer service and their prices were actually great and better than my first choice company that i didnt use because of time.

Vehicle
    2010 Ford Taurus SEL, 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
    I may have to look into them for the a20 build when things slow down here, you know what I mean. Once again Rob, sorry to hear you have to go through all this BS.

How about this for a motivation:

The "stock" LS-T is waiting for you!

hahahaha gotta add the drama to the soup!
    Maurice

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by RobT5580
    Well it can be done its just ERL said they would have to use epoxy on the center cylinders which is not good. They did a B20A5 block before and were not happy with it and dont recommend it. ERL is the best in the business in my eyes so I take their recommendations seriously. If i had called them when i started this i would have been ahead of the game since i spent about the same with my local machinist which is obviosly not capable of doing what i needed. I dont want anymore problems in the future so more likely i will have them do a 3rd block and swap it in later unless mine is beyond repair.

And anyone looking for a good company i highly suggest calling ERL/Benson the guy spent about a half hour on the phone with me talking over all my options and opinions. And everywhere i read they are highly priased for their work and customer service and their prices were actually great and better than my first choice company that i didnt use because of time.
    Its alright for u lot being in the u.s. jammie gits!!

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    the Stock A20a3-t Is Waiting For You
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Man I hate being over here. My buddy has a 76 civic with a b18c-t in it hed like to show you. He runs scca gt5 or whatever. Not much left on the car says honda you know.

Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter
    the Stock A20a3-t Is Waiting For You

I'm telling you, if your "A20 T" does not touch at least 12.7 or generate at least 330 whp and at least 298 lbs TQ @ 14 psi, please go talk to somebody else
    Maurice

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    lil mexican man, do not take this thread offtopic. WE love you

as for you Rob, im still praying that things get panned out bro. I think doing things right does cost a fortune, but this is an extra headache that we dont have to go thru. I hope this next motor comes out the way you want. This is why im taking my time, organizing eveything and my list just keeps growing and changing. Hope it comes out fine with the builder im going with cause i have confidence with him and spending extra 500 bux is def worth the headache i might have if not.

Good luck Rob.

Vehicle
    Make sure the machinist is good i learned my lesson. And if you willing to ship it out ERL is a top notch company from what i find and their customer service so far is outstanding. I spoke to the sales rep for over a half hour so things will be right someday its just a matter of time and im not ready to give up now since im in this deep.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    I'm telling you, if your "A20 T" does not touch at least 12.7 or generate at least 330 whp and at least 298 lbs TQ @ 14 psi, please go talk to somebody else
    POST YOUR TIMESLIPS!
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter
    POST YOUR TIMESLIPS!
    Blah!

You know you ain't got nothing

::Raunch, starts a new chapter of the 3geez play::
    Maurice

Vehicle
    Just to update the block is getting new sleeves and pistons and that will be it. If this fails i give up at this point. Iv tried to do everything the right way and its gone all wrong so this is the last straw for me. I just have a lot of crap going on in my personal life and this was the one thing that i look for to make me happy and its not right now.

Accord of the Year - 2006

Quote Originally Posted by RobT5580
    Just to update the block is getting new sleeves and pistons and that will be it. If this fails i give up at this point. Iv tried to do everything the right way and its gone all wrong so this is the last straw for me. I just have a lot of crap going on in my personal life and this was the one thing that i look for to make me happy and its not right now.
    Know exactly how you feel buddy. I was supposed to be turbo/stand alone with my konis back and suspension done by beginin gof March, but right now it doesnt even look like I'll turbo this year. Pisses me off too, Ive just had more importat things that needed my time and money for now.

Just relax and take a step back and maybe leave the projects alone for a while and then come back fresh. Dont make time dealines for your car projects cause theyll be late all the time and it'll just piss you off.

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX-i
    Quote Originally Posted by guaynabo89
    Dont make time dealines for your car projects cause theyll be late all the time and it'll just piss you off.

sooooo true
    '88 LX-i Coupe --- LS/Vtec
    '08 Accord EX-L 6-6 --- Daily Duty

Vehicle
    I pretty much scrapped all my other plans for the summer i just want the engine done and running. Even if i get it running im probably not gonna touch the rest of the car for a while.

Vehicle
    1989 LXI Coupe Kswap, 1989 LXI Bswap
    3+ years and counting, only expected maybe 6-8 months
    Style Quality Uniqueness And Design
    S.Q.U.A.D. Engineering
    www.squadengineering.com

http://www.facebook.com/squadengineering

Vehicle
    I give you credit for keeping your car that long. I would have tossed an A20 back in just to drive it again.

Vehicle

And the bad luck continues!

Was driving today on the highway and just broke 999 miles on the B20A and went to downshift to 4th and it wouldnt go. So i managed to get it off the highway but it appears the pressure plate is shot since the clutch is staying engauged. Im gonna pull the tranny monday or tuesday but im thinking about parting out all the turbo stuff if i run into any more snags. Its just been one thing after another and i could understand breaking stuff if i was beating the crap out of it but i have not. I just can imagine what will break when and if i ever do beat on it.

Sorry just had to rant a bit since my luck still is running low. The only good thing is im technically done with school but im still not sure what im doing. Im probably going to get back into selling lab equipment so i can get myself out of debt fast and move on and perhaps get a new car.
    Last edited by RobT5580; 05-07-2005 at 06:03 PM.

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    Sorry to hear abour your car Rob. Don't give up. you got so far, stupid pressure plate can't hold you back.
    it would be said to see another 3 geez to go, but i am with you on the part of a new car. I have been thinking the same shit. I need to get rid of this rust bucket and get me something better.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    I would keep the car but probably just a N/A B20A to eliminate my headaches. If its just the pressure pressure plate i will probably do it but im just dumping money into an endless pit. If i didnt go turbo i would probably have one of the nicest accords appearance wise and probably a pretty nice n/a b20a. I want a new car so i can have a daily driver and just forget about the accord until i enjoy it again.

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    man I know what your are going through and it's not fun. Right when I'm about to quit and sell the car I manage to fix it and go back to having some fun.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.