Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: PROJECT , TURBO ( RobT5580 )

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    Im gonna try to fix it but my tuner is coming back in a few weeks so i hope it can be done otherwise im really screwed.

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    I hope it works out good for you be a shame to see all your work to go to waste.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    hopefully you can get that out asap and send it back to clutch masters. Ive done them in my driveway in 3-4 hours working at a comfortable pace. Just hang in there rob, its been one thing after another but itll be worth it in the end.
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    Im not worried about the labor since i can do it relatively fast its the money cause im sure they wont warranty it since it only has a 90 day warranty. The bad thing is i really liked that clutch but im not sure if i want to use them again but im gonna call when its out and see if they will work with me or not.

Vehicle
    1989 Lx-i 2dr, 1988 horizon
    damn....That sucks...What clutch is it? Is the B20 clutch different than the A20s?
    Try asking Sean about a good clutch...He was trying a different clutch every other week for a wile there...Not sure what he ended up useing...
    Last edited by blahblahblah; 05-08-2005 at 03:16 PM.
    Mopar rocks 10's K-car
    ~CF trunk lid Group Buy~ --On hold for the moment
    Quote Originally Posted by Bglad420
    Why do you have holes in the back of your bumper...does it go faster???
    Ebay sucks my hairy left nut.

Vehicle
    if the pp is defective they might replace it, ask em

mine is the act stage 5 or however they rate it. its the one just below the puck clutch. its from a 91 lude. I can check model numbers if needed. Like i said im going auto cross so mine probably wont hold all the boost your planning. Id say give it the old college try but im pretty sure that was the second try. Then theres the if you fall of you need to just back on as the 3rd try. Man Im not sure what to tell you other than thanks for all the effort youve put forth and the knowledge brouight forth. Thanks man. if you do want to go N/a let me know Ive been working through tthe desktop dyno on the wifeys car. granted its carbed but fuel delivery is the same on a graph. its all rated in cfm.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    i am really sorry to hear about it rob. but u know i keep wishing that this series of bad luck will end. Also the thing is, if you had clutchmasters or centerforce. then we all know they are just piece of crap. I have heard more horror stories than good ones for either of these clutches. Spec clutch and ACT are the way to go if u ask me. I hope everything pans out for you bro.

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    Rob, check your clutch cable. make sure it is not broken and not getting stuck anywhere.
    mine did that, and i though my pressure plate was gone, but after ripping everything apart and changing clutch assembly, it was still the same. So i changed the clutch cable, cheap at autozone and everything is just fine.
    my cable got rusted and broke, and didn't want to move more that few inches.
    So yeah, check on that before you rip everything out.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    Its a brand new cable and that is fine i already checked that so i will find out more tomorrow when i pulled it. I really like the pedal pressure of the Clutch Masters so if they will work a deal i might give it one more shot but i really want to know why this happened in the first place. So hopefully this will be the end of this bad stream of luck.

Vehicle
    clutch masters are usually very good clutches... I didnt wanna pay the $450 cm wanted so i had clutchnet make me one ($380)

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    frustrating yes, but a clutch goes out regardless.

did you ever get the mixture settings corrected? or are you still not able to go past 3k rpms?
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

i beat the shit out of my Clutch Masters stage IV and it lasted i little bit more then 2 years. They are good and like Rob said, the pedal pressure is great. ACT clutches are too hard if you has me and they hurt the axels more the the CM .... from experiences. I say, take the tranny out and find out what went wrong, then make a decision. If you decide to change clutches, try racing clutches - the owner of clutch masters but cheaper.
    Maurice

Vehicle
    I called CM and they are willing to inspect the part even though they only hold a 90 day warranty. I did tell them if it is the pp that i will not pay for another so if they want my business they should do the right thing. I have no problem paying for my mistakes but i have not been beating on the car and even so it should last a bit for a $530 clutch.

As for the miss/skip i still have that issue but if i down shift i can get into the upper RPM's and its really fast. I swapped out my intermediate shaft for a rebuilt long shaft due to the vibration at high speeds. So i still have some other issues but they are minor and fixable. So hopefully things get worked out cause if i miss my tuner im really screwed.

Vehicle
    Just and update: I pulled it out today and one of the springs on the clutch fell out. I called CM today and it already seems like its going to be a big nightmare but im not spending that kind of money nor do i have it so they better make this right.

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    spring on the clutch!... aw man that sucks. I've been beating on my OEM Prelude clutch since I installed the B20A and it shifts without a flaw. I guess that thing could have happened on any engine. It just sucks that you get problems after problems... especially since they aren't related to any mistakes you might have done!.

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    so it was a defective clutch or the clutch was installed improperly?

Vehicle
    Definately wasnt installed incorrectly thats for sure. The metal tab that held it in was off. Im sure i will get the run around but there is nothing wrong with anything else and i was just cruising on the highway when it happened. The guy at CM said he has seen it happen before.

I built the engine outside of the car so i know everything was right and iv never had a problem with any clutches in the past. If the un-sprung clutches were not so harsh i would go that route but i really like this one so im hoping they dont screw me over.

Vehicle
    18 yr old Prelude, the one with the pop up headlamps. B20 (prototype for the 3g Prelude) ...but in the lighter car, with big brakes
    hey, the same thing happened to one of mine that was a B20 too! prolly a cheap replacement tho wasnt long after i'd got the car.

Vehicle
    Fortunately they sent me a new clutch free of charge and its all back together. The car is running ok i have an idle issue and my boost controller is not working. I did go to the CT Honda-Tech show yesterday and it was a good time. Next monday my tuner will be back to hopefully work out the issues and sometime this summer i will swap pistons and rings.

Quote Originally Posted by RobT5580
    Fortunately they sent me a new clutch free of charge and its all back together. The car is running ok i have an idle issue and my boost controller is not working. I did go to the CT Honda-Tech show yesterday and it was a good time. Next monday my tuner will be back to hopefully work out the issues and sometime this summer i will swap pistons and rings.

Pics of the meeting, Rob?
    Maurice

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch
    fuck yeah! im relieved for you rob!

when u finally dial that car in, it will easily be the nicest 3g ever, so you do have that to look forward to.

Vehicle
    I still have issues so im not out of the woods yet. Hopefully i start bringing some money in and i will be done with school in a few weeks for good so hopefully the car will move forward so i can call it a day. Fortunately for you guys im very determined to not let it get the best of me so i will hopefully make progress soon.

As for pictures i didnt take any pictures i guess i was lazy. Here is the like for honda-tech picture thread http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1268536&page=1 there is only a side shot of mine and steve's (88Lxi68's) car and one of his further back.
    Last edited by RobT5580; 06-06-2005 at 08:45 PM.

Vehicle

whos car is that? Looks tight.

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^ 88Lxi68's