Thread: A Friends destruction on my stereo! help!

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 LX Accord Sedan

A Friends destruction on my stereo! help!

My friend tried installing or taking out the original tape deck and it was not a sussess. They ended up scratching evryting up. Almost taking out hte dash? So im sure they weirnet doing it right. How do i take the tape deck out?... and would i need a spacer for the cd player. its the new ones.. so their pretty thin and small... please and thansk evertyhign!Q

Vehicle
    Traded in: 1988 Accord LX New car: 04 Jetta GLI
    well, i dont know how to get the tape deck out, but i do know when you put the new cd player in, you have to have this metal sleve that where you have to push out these triangle looking pieces so it will grabb the inside of where the cd player is going. I also know that your going to have to get a wiring harness for the new cdplayer. I have one so if you dont have one, pm me because i have a used one that will work jsut fine for our cars. If you go to an audio store, theyll charge you 10-25 bucks for a new one. I noticed that my area around the head unit was all scratched up too, it might be a normal thing that happens when you have to take the tape deck out. dunno ... pm me though if you want the wireing harness, ill hook you up
    Kevin

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 LX Accord Sedan
    verything u said.. way over my head! lol.. everyone told me it would be easy.. mayb enot?

Vehicle
    2003 Infiniti G35 sedan
    your talkin bout the original tape deck right...its pretty simple..i mean mine just came out...like behind the tape deck there are two screws i think that are holding it in..unscrew them..and it pops right out....its kind of a bitch to get to...but nothing hard...

Vehicle
    Traded in: 1988 Accord LX New car: 04 Jetta GLI
    what i was talking about was when your going to put the cd player in. sorry it was over your head, kinda makes me feel smart about stereo stuff. haha well i did just install my 2 12" infinity in a custom made box, made by me and my friend, and i hooked my amp up. haha i bet if i described that to you youd just act as if it was rocket science.
    Kevin

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 LX // 89 LX-i
    yeah, theres a little bracket with 2 screws attatched to the bottom of the tape deck at the rear corner.

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 LX Accord Sedan

Oooh

ooh man that would be a pain to get to lol.. geez... then im on a mission! lol.. geez.. the things u do lol.. thank u ver much. i will keep posted.. muahah

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 LX // 89 LX-i
    its a little easier if you take out the ashtray bracket, you get a little more room, thats only got a few screws.