Thread: New Kid on The Block

Vehicle
    88 Lxi Accord

New Kid on The Block

hey i got my 88 lxi at the beginning of this summer. It was not what I wanted and I hated the thing after I had to start replacing every piece because it was such a piece of s**t. But now i found this forum and am super excited to make my accord into my dream car. I plan on turning my accord into a rally racing car, no rice for me, it'll be all performance. This forum is great as i found out quickly by just doing a few searches, you guys have covered everything. I hope in the near future I will have my own contributions. keep up the great work.
    Rally 4 Life, Life 4 Rally

Vehicle
    87LX / 86LXiHB / 90CRXSi(b16a) all gone... 91CRXSi(b16a) ...round two
    welcome. i was the same way, i was soooo ready to sell my carbed pos before i found this forum, now i own 2 accords and plan on at least one more in the future. Im not sure how well you will actually be able to do full rally, but you can definatly accomplish an autocross competitor. Good luck!
    garagement racing

stlhondas.com

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i 5 speed hatchback
    Culpeper, Va.- home, JMU (Harrisonburg, Va.)- school
    i agree w/ sporkHSP, a full rally will be pritty hard but these things are great for autocrossing stock (see my avatar), i've gotten 6th out 14 in 1 and then 4th out of 7 in the other all in Hstock and my first 2 "races" so thats not too bad i'd say.
    "Eat, Drink, and be Merry!"

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    oh yea another rally guy. This is something I have been kind of thinking with my extra Se-i. Autocross will be much easier and cheaper, but rally is also fun. Start off by stripping everything out you don't need and go from there. The most expensive thing will be the roll cage, and the suspension, other wise it is straight forward. Here is some info on the subarau rally car........... http://www.rally.subaru.com/rally/se...rt=1&imageId=0
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    88 Lxi Accord
    I was thinking about starting off in rallycross (basically autocross in the dirt) next summer. If anyone else was interested, i think it would be a great new direction for some accord owners. I am already planning the strip down and have started. Also for rallycross, there is no need for a roll cage, so that is good.

P.S. I am located in Fort Collins, Colorado, if anyone else is up there it would be great to get a shoutout. you may see my car, it'll be the really MUDDY white Lx-i.
    Rally 4 Life, Life 4 Rally

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    so you would just be in a big dirt field, something like that. Not having a roll cage will save you some money, but I would feel safer with one esp if you were on mt roads. Well it looks like now you got this started I need to finish my car, off to the j/y
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket
    new kids on the block had a bunch of hits, chinese students make me sick, and i think it's fly when the girls stop by for the summer, for the summer.
    3geez for life.