Thread: *pic request* Rear S/T sway bar installed..

Vehicle
    93 civic

*pic request* Rear S/T sway bar installed..

I'm wondering if anyone has pics of the rear sway bar installed... I got mine one..but the thing is..it feels like it is hitting the lower control arm (or looks like it)

Anyone got ideas? Also if..i have an LXi.how am I suppose to use the existing endlink to put on the bar? the bar is..not the same angle as the endlink hole..

Vehicle
    87 Accord LX
    Im not at home, but if I remember (it is Friday) I'll try to take a pic of my LX with Suspension Tech rear bar.
    Rooz
    That's my other "car" on the avatar, my Dash-8

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    You use all the new hardware given with the sway bar. You should have a whole hardware kit with endlink. Mine fit fine and no clearance issues at all. The ST F/R kit was one of the best products i have had as far as installation goes. I might have a picture since i took some while my car was on the lift this week and if i do i will try to get it posted but it may take a few days.

Vehicle
    I checked my pictures and i dont really have a good shot of the sway bar. This is the best shot i have but the installation was very straight forward so you might be missing some of the hardware but i cant see how you could install it without all of it. So unless something is bent or in the wrong place i dont know where your getting the noise from.

Vehicle
    93 civic
    figured out that the noise was from the prothane bushings that bolt onto the subframe(guess on part). Turns out all it needed was some white grease and now no more sounds..at least to my knowledge from the drive back from work.

Thanks for the picture rob.. If it is possible can I see how the rear endlinks look zoomed in and more focus on it?

Vehicle
    I will take a picture when i can but right now im a little fed up with the car and it will be a week or so before i can get to it. And you should have got a tube of clear silicone to put on the bushings with the sway bar. The endlike has the special hardware for the trailing arm and it drops down to the sway bar. The hardware is important because its different than the stock stuff and it has that half moon fitting for the trailing arm. But i would think you have all that since its on the car.

I will try to get a picture up as soon as i can but if you have any other problems with it email or pm me and i will do it faster so you can take care of it.

you know rob do you still have that parts car? Do the steven king rendition and go beat the living hell out of it. Youll feel better I promise. I had a80 supra that would act up. If that had an original bodyline left in it when I got rid f it Id be amazed. Only had 77k on it when I got rid of it also. I have an anger managment issue though. Or thats what the councilor says. I say if people didnt piss me off so much Id be fine. I HATE PEOPLE

Vehicle
    93 civic
    Quote Originally Posted by RobT5580
    I will take a picture when i can but right now im a little fed up with the car and it will be a week or so before i can get to it. And you should have got a tube of clear silicone to put on the bushings with the sway bar. The endlike has the special hardware for the trailing arm and it drops down to the sway bar. The hardware is important because its different than the stock stuff and it has that half moon fitting for the trailing arm. But i would think you have all that since its on the car.

I will try to get a picture up as soon as i can but if you have any other problems with it email or pm me and i will do it faster so you can take care of it.

Rob, I do have the endlinks, but the bushings I do not have. I bought these swaybars used from UofAcats (forgot how to spell username) and he told me already there were bushings missing for the rear..i was still confused.. does the endlink bushings prevent it from moving? are the bushings loose?

Vehicle
    There are 2 round bushings that go on each side of the sway bar end it self then the endlink rod goes through it. I dont remember the top ones off hand but i will take a look when i can. Im sure w/o the bushings you hearing a noise though because its metal on metal contact.

Vehicle
    93 civic
    There are 2 round bushings that go on each side of the sway bar end it self then the endlink rod goes through it. I dont remember the top ones off hand but i will take a look when i can. Im sure w/o the bushings you hearing a noise though because its metal on metal contact.
    i see the two round bushings. what I am wondering is..when the bar is inbetween them, is there play? I have all the hardware minus the bushings..and I replaced the bushings with other ones...for the time being but the bushings are very loose.

Vehicle
    No it should be tight and i dont recall the specific assembly of the hardware but i know the bushing were tight. I would order some from S/T and i will see if i have the installation sheet still and scan it for you.

Vehicle
    93 civic
    thanks rob, i apprecciate the help. I guess this happens when you buy used stuff sometimes. I'll check it out more..

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    i hope this helps.

Vehicle
    93 civic
    Thanks smuf, I already bought a manual from honda so I have that page. In reality the endlinks on the S/T bar is different from the stock existing ones. The ST one has a hem joint on top instead of a bushing and the bottom is not angled the same.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    did it come with a Cd or something? i wnt a USDM car manual for our cars.

Vehicle
    93 civic
    sorry man, my dad got the manual from honda for 100bucks in 1990. I swear without my dad I don't know where I would be with this car haha.

Vehicle
    89 DX Coupe
    Hey, just checking in here. Busted, I just sent you a detailed PM on installing. Also, look at the PM I sent you on installing before you received the bars. I hope they help. Just for everyones info, the hardware I sent was a "non-lxi" adapter kit. This fit just like it should on my DX, (no rear bar stock) although maybe things are different on an LXI??? Although I wouldn't think so. On my DX, the holes to attach the rear bar were already there.
    It may be the slowest base model, but at least it's an automatic

Koni, G.C., S/T, EBC, LX-i Calipers, and Rims

Vehicle
    93 civic
    Quote Originally Posted by UofACATS
    Hey, just checking in here. Busted, I just sent you a detailed PM on installing. Also, look at the PM I sent you on installing before you received the bars. I hope they help. Just for everyones info, the hardware I sent was a "non-lxi" adapter kit. This fit just like it should on my DX, (no rear bar stock) although maybe things are different on an LXI??? Although I wouldn't think so. On my DX, the holes to attach the rear bar were already there.
    the holes on the trailing arm are there..but the bar itself won't attach to the stock endlinks. that what I meant...thanks for the info though noah.
    I'll be sure to look at it..its on with a temp solution for now.

Vehicle
    When you say stock endlinks if you referring to the part that connects to the trailing are between the sway bar they that probably wont work. S/T has their own end link that runs from the bar to the trailing arm.

Vehicle
    93 civic
    When you say stock endlinks if you referring to the part that connects to the trailing are between the sway bar they that probably wont work. S/T has their own end link that runs from the bar to the trailing arm.
    yea..but you know that there is a Nonlxi adapter so if the LXi didn't need the adapter then how can you install it with the stockk endlinks...I know that they dont look like they can which is why I asked.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    if a stock LXI rear sway bar can fit a DX/LX (i have one in my DX right now) why wont a sway bar made for the LXI fit the DX/LX? its like saying a=b and b=c so a=c. Weird problems of it not fitting.

Vehicle
    93 civic
    perhaps I was not too clear... its on my car.

I was just curious on what the non lxi adapter was for. Because if they are universal across all trims then what is the adapter's purpose for?!